Police Scotland - a discussion thread 👮‍♂️

What are your views on Scotland’s police and it’s regulatory bodies? Do you trust them? Do you respect them? 

I personally do not. My view is that Police Scotland is riddled with corruption, appalling leadership and  also that it is unaccountable to a disgraceful degree. 

There are simply too many examples of failures and appalling behaviour, including brutality. 

The Scottish Government ultimately is accountable. 

2 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

What are your views on Scotland’s police and it’s regulatory bodies? Do you trust them? Do you respect them? 

I personally do not. My view is that Police Scotland is riddled with corruption, appalling leadership and  also that it is unaccountable to a disgraceful degree. 

There are simply too many examples of failures and appalling behaviour, including brutality. 

770309D1-3D4B-4FA8-953C-64D8934744C4.gif.f06df9808718a9c4949d9afcb221f27f.gif

48 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Your mum is riddled with corruption.

Police Scotland was a bad idea to start with, badly executed. We had 8 (?) forces all with local knowledge of their own unique areas. Highlands and Islands is a different policing challenge to, say, Lothian and Borders. Centralising it has made it worse. Even worse they used the worst of the existing policing forces (Strathclyde) as the template for the new force. 

Not heard a single officer - past or present - say it was a good idea. 

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

🥱 

37 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I have no strong opinions about individual officers or the police in general.

Same. Most people I've met that have strong opinions of the police tend to be interesting characters themselves which, i'm sure, is purely coincidental.