Coffee - whats yours?

Wrong thread, but due to a desire to calm rather than stimulate my nervous system I've switched to raw cacao. Add a bit of cinnamon, chilli powder and a tiny bit of sugar and it sorts out the initial buzz without the concomitant jangliness experienced with coffee.

Recently got a moka pot and have decided that it’s my favourite way to brew a coffee.

A well made espresso is good, but I don’t have the capital or space on the worktop for one in the house so it can stay as a treat for when I’m out and about.

Only thing is it’s easy to forget about it and boil the coffee. 

So anyway, grinders. I want a small, compact and ideally hand powered one, on a budget. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Recently got a moka pot and have decided that it’s my favourite way to brew a coffee.

A well made espresso is good, but I don’t have the capital or space on the worktop for one in the house so it can stay as a treat for when I’m out and about.

Only thing is it’s easy to forget about it and boil the coffee. 

So anyway, grinders. I want a small, compact and ideally hand powered one, on a budget. Any suggestions?

Hario Skerton Pro is currently 40 quid on Amazon UK, although it's better for Bialettis than cafetieres if you have (and need to grind for) both

https://www.beanground.com/hario-skerton-pro-review/

ETA - Hoffman - 

Edited by carpetmonster

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Hario Skerton Pro is currently 40 quid on Amazon UK, although it's better for Bialettis than cafetieres if you have (and need to grind for) both

https://www.beanground.com/hario-skerton-pro-review/

That looks like a masterpiece of design. I’ll have to be a really good boy to treat myself to a forty pound gadget

On 28/11/2023 at 22:19, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Does freshly grinding the beans actually make any difference?

I will report back after I finish my current batch of pre ground coffee and grind some beans.

I "imagine" it will be better, maybe fresher but - a bit like making your own Thai Curry paste - the end result might not be much better than a decent shop bought one !

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/12/2023 at 17:35, The Equalizer said:

Locally roasted little start up called Wolf Tree Coffe Co. Fantastic. Support your local businesses.

Where is this mate?? Back on the hunt for some good coffee to order, would prefer if it was local (ie, Scotland). I’ve been ordering Paddy & Scott’s Chit Chat, which is nice.