The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

Just now, StellarHibee said:

No business is under any legal obligation to guarantee a service to anyone.

Except they are.  

The EA was framed to deal with ignorant boors like you.

You can f**k off now.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Except they are.  

The EA was framed to deal with ignorant boors like you.

You can f**k off now.

You're going to be very disappointed when there are literally no legal consequences. 😂

Cherry is the least cancelled person on the planet, it's pretty well impossible to escape her whining if you listen to, watch or read main stream media, even the Parliament channel where she's been moaning about having a gig cancelled. Jerry Sadowitz she ain't.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Cherry is the least cancelled person on the planet, it's pretty well impossible to escape her whining if you listen to, watch or read main stream media, even the Parliament channel where she's been moaning about having a gig cancelled. Jerry Sadowitz she ain't.

That you, Kezia?

1 hour ago, StellarHibee said:

No business is under any legal obligation to guarantee a service to anyone. 

This is half true. The problem is that JC was refused service because staff took issue with her protected philosophical beliefs that sex is real and that it matters. That's protected under the EA.

It's also worth remembering the EA works like a shield (it's about protection) not a sword (for punishing people). As such, it can't be used as a defence to cancel people because they are transphobic (as alleged by Liberal twitter in this case).

It's an almighty mess. JC will gorge herself on the publicity of that I have no doubt. However, the staff were patently wrong here and the company will need to pay a settlement to JC (when she takes legal action - which won't happen until its quietened down a bit so she can elongate the self promotion).

Edited by Trogdor

15 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

No business is under any legal obligation to guarantee a service to anyone

I always thought that licensed premises in Scotland had the right to refuse entry to anyone, without needing to give a reason why.

As I mentioned further up, its entirely possible / probable that the staff told the mgt they would disrupt the event on the day (causing more of a problem) so the mgt have cancelled it with plenty of time to spare.

If Cherry thinks this is just about The Stand, then perhaps her promoter should try to arrange another venue and see what happens?

Shes never done telling everyone how downtrodden and "deplatformed" she is, despite the fact she seems to spend more time on the radio / tv / papers than most Scottish politicians I could name................

17 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

to spew hatred.

Jeez, how do you survive watching a game at Easter Road?

It's the extreme polarising of debate that will mean this will always remain a problem. So, what was the hatred she spewed?

Did she call for trans people to be exterminated? Did she say sex is determined in the womb?

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I always thought that licensed premises in Scotland had the right to refuse entry to anyone, without needing to give a reason why.

As I mentioned further up, its entirely possible / probable that the staff told the mgt they would disrupt the event on the day (causing more of a problem) so the mgt have cancelled it with plenty of time to spare.

If Cherry thinks this is just about The Stand, then perhaps her promoter should try to arrange another venue and see what happens?

Shes never done telling everyone how downtrodden and "deplatformed" she is, despite the fact she seems to spend more time on the radio / tv / papers than most Scottish politicians I could name................

hqdefault.jpg

24 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This happened quicker than I expected, the publicity must be dying down.

I refused my shed roof as a platform from which she could do her stuff. Wonder when my legal letter will arrive?

43 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This happened quicker than I expected, the publicity must be dying down.

Good on Jo Cherry.

Great to see Nat on Nat infighting as it's abundantly clear that these chancers don't have the best interests of iJock - in the round - at heart.

The increasingly fragmented Nat movement is all about which faction - from the high-minded Fergus Ewing to the lowest RA-loving Shinner - will get the chance to create New Brigadoon in their own image.

And, sadly, the DWTG's of P&B will keep voting for these charlatans in the vain hope they'll achieve their ultimate aim of ensuring a chap from Eyemouth has to cross an international border to get his messages in Berwick.

You are all being played like violins fiddles.