The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

45 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The bigger question for me is- Why do we need such an appointment?

What’s next? Toilet paper, shaving cream. 
Just seems nonsense to me.

Are you advocating DIY prostate care ?

A pair of ribspreaders, nitrile gloves and a mirror should do it.

4 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Now you’re just being ridiculous.

I just don’t like this increase in dishing out freebies for things that people should take care of themselves.

It just seems so degrading.

9 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I'm sure anyone could mix up some bleach and lemonade that would do just as well as chemo. Nanny state gone mad imo.

58 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The bigger question for me is- Why do we need such an appointment?

What’s next? Toilet paper, shaving cream. 
Just seems nonsense to me.

God you're fucking stupid.

Every public toilet already has free toilet paper. If yer too skint to buy some 2x ply nip into McDonalds.

Shaving cream isn't necessary for your general health and wellbeing.

Inaccesability to period products levlaves girls and women with two options. Either stay at home or use any manner of unhygienic practises to stem the flow which can lead to infection.

Also these products are often prohibitively expensive compared to other hygiene essentials like toilet paper.

10 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

God you're fucking stupid.

Every public toilet already has free toilet paper. If yer too skint to buy some 2x ply nip into McDonalds.

Shaving cream isn't necessary for your general health and wellbeing.

Inaccesability to period products levlaves girls and women with two options. Either stay at home or use any manner of unhygienic practises to stem the flow which can lead to infection.

Also these products are often prohibitively expensive compared to other hygiene essentials like toilet paper.

So they get free tampons so they can still buy make-up.

What kind of society are we breeding?

I would be happier paying increased benefits if they are insufficient. but people should take care of these things themselves if only for their self respect.

Give me strength!!

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just had two ops.

Paid for personally through private health insurance whilst having paid a small fortune in taxes and national insurance over the years.

Well done to you, but that’s (pretty obviously) not the fucking point. 

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just had two ops.

Paid for personally through private health insurance whilst having paid a small fortune in taxes and national insurance over the years.

All of which went toward training the caregivers involved in yer op. Yer welcome

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I just don’t like this increase in dishing out freebies for things that people should take care of themselves.

It just seems so degrading.

God I loathe your thick fucking skull.

10 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

All of which went toward training the caregivers involved in yer op. Yer welcome

Yup, 9/10 going private just means jumping the queue and having the exact same people treating you as if you'd waited your turn.

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yup, 9/10 going private just means jumping the queue and having the exact same people treating you as if you'd waited your turn.

Just not the case.

This is a wholly private company who work in 5 private hospitals throughout Central Scotland.

They may,  from time to time, accept some sub- contract work from the NHS but the surgeons and nurses are not employed by the NHS.

The fault here is in the NHS being so useless that people need to go private.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just not the case.

This is a wholly private company who work in 5 private hospitals throughout Central Scotland.

They may,  from time to time, accept some sub- contract work from the NHS but the surgeons and nurses are not employed by the NHS.

The fault here is in the NHS being so useless that people need to go private.

What's the name of the company? Most of the time it's NHS surgeons moonlighting from their NHS work as there isn't enough private demand for their specialities. And as soon anything goes wrong it's straight in an ambulance to an NHS hospital to fix it.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

What's the name of the company? Most of the time it's NHS surgeons moonlighting from their NHS work as there isn't enough private demand for their specialities. And as soon anything goes wrong it's straight in an ambulance to an NHS hospital to fix it.

Vision Scotland Limited

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I honestly don't know what this nasty auld bigot gets from this sort of thing. Same shtick for the last couple of years.

I remember the consensus being 'nobody can possibly be this thick' when he discovered the politics board, only for the Falkirk fans to inform us that, yes, he really is, and now you have to share the pain.

He aired any (genuinely held, of course) unpopular beliefs on the situation at the Falkirk Stadium?