Morton v Queens

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Aye, played poorly and still managed to put your lot away; different class of shite, you could say.

And no one’s bragging…

Your club recognised the shite that was causing the blockage, flushed it out of the system and is back in working order while our board has a phobia of laxatives and is stumbling on and putting up with a turd which can't be dislodged.

Edited by Slipmat

5 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Your club recognised the shite that was causing the blockage, flushed it out of the system and are back in working order while our board has a phobia of laxatives and is stumbling on and putting up with a turd which can't be dislodged.

The club needs a dose of the lurgy to clean it out from top to bottom as all we’ve had for the last few seasons is nothing but uncomfortable flatulence!

Edited by Mustafa_sheet

A deserved and pleasing win, but we made heavy weather of that. A very good finish for the opening goal, but we let Raith score from the same position in the previous home game, and could have been punished when Hamilton spilled a similar shot before half time. When Wilson is fit he should come into the team and just screen the back three when we lose the ball - it's a definite weak spot.

We were unlucky not to score by the middle of the second half but weren't dominant and it didn't look like being our day. The two quick goals were huge but it was still a nervy finish. Given the game started five minutes late, I think the referee actually did us his only favour in an incompetent display all day by wrapping it up when he did. 

I've no idea why the Queens team seemed content with a draw from early on - up to and including Tomas Cerny tactics from the goalkeeper. That was a game they needed to win IMO and I'd be amazed if they recover from this result now. Not sure why there was applause rather than sack the manager/board coming from the away end at full time tbh. 

Even before today's game I had reached the stage that I can't watch any more awful displays. Cappielow is the closest away ground for me, and one I enjoy visiting, but today I couldn't summon up enough enthusiasm to go along. Well done to Morton who did what they needed to do a few weeks ago, and it has paid off for them. God knows where we go from here...yes I know Division 1...but we'll soon be able to accommodate our home crowd in the main stand and allow for one metre between fans. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

I've no idea why the Queens team seemed content with a draw from early on - up to and including Tomas Cerny tactics from the goalkeeper. That was a game they needed to win IMO and I'd be amazed if they recover from this result now. Not sure why there was applause rather than sack the manager/board coming from the away end at full time tbh. 

That's the Johnston approach.  A draw would not have been a good result for us at all today, but he'd probably have seen it as one.

Were Queens fans really clapping at the end?  Bloody baffling.

18 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

The club needs a dose of the lurgy to clean it out from top to bottom as all we’ve had for the last few seasons is nothing but uncomfortable flatulence!

We have a pharmacist board member who seems incapable of prescribing a remedy for gutache 🤮

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

And they're still absolutely garbage. Two utterly shite sides on display here. Morton are Evens which is tempting as we'll almost certainly gift them a goal. We look as threatening as a wounded butterfly.

E5CD3831-B914-4C01-8BBD-4FB900704939.jpeg

Because it's only the happy clappers left going to away games.

That's the Johnston approach.  A draw would not have been a good result for us at all today, but he'd probably have seen it as one.
Were Queens fans really clapping at the end?  Bloody baffling.

Some were for sure. Some boos too. I just left. Tbh I don’t think you can fault the attitude of the players. It was a bit of a war of attrition out there and we were holding our own, more so after the East screamer, until 2 minutes of inept defending undid us. There’s definitely a few players that aren’t good enough but couldn’t fault their effort. Can’t see this team staying up even with a new manager tbh so I’d be looking to rebuild for next season in the first now.

Not at our best today and as others have noted are still struggling in the middle, but still worthy of the win I felt. Queens look like us under Gus, in terms of both attitude and ability. If they stick with AJ I can’t see them getting out of that rut. 

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

That was a game they needed to win IMO and I'd be amazed if they recover from this result now. Not sure why there was applause rather than sack the manager/board coming from the away end at full time tbh. 

Learned helplessness.

The board have been conditioning us to accept relegation for years now.

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

A deserved and pleasing win, but we made heavy weather of that. A very good finish for the opening goal, but we let Raith score from the same position in the previous home game, and could have been punished when Hamilton spilled a similar shot before half time. When Wilson is fit he should come into the team and just screen the back three when we lose the ball - it's a definite weak spot.

We were unlucky not to score by the middle of the second half but weren't dominant and it didn't look like being our day. The two quick goals were huge but it was still a nervy finish. Given the game started five minutes late, I think the referee actually did us his only favour in an incompetent display all day by wrapping it up when he did. 

Probably due to the fact that the Board of Directors won't sack the manager or themselves...

1 minute ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Learned helplessness.

The board have been conditioning us to accept relegation for years now.

Yes, we've had four seasons to prepare ourselves.

Goal difference and the play-offs saved us once, followed by that pandemic thing twice usefully truncating the season sufficiently.  

I can't see what saves us this time.