Morton v Queens

1 hour ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

The near £1m in the bank is a fact, revealed by the club’s accounts sent to shareholders last month. However, the board have said we will make a six figure loss in FY22, which may wipe out that buffer. The scale of that predicted loss is unclear, though.

Shareholders were permitted to submit questions to the board which were supposed to have been answered publicly last week. Those answers may have clarified how much of that buffer will remain after FY22, but the board has thus far failed to publish any answers to the shareholder questions.

The current board took over at a time when Queens were spending substantially more than we were earning. They successfully tightened the purse strings and have reported year-on-year increases in profit for several years.

It's hard to know what's happening in the club when the board hasn't even answered its own shareholders' questions. In the absence of that clarity, however, the most logical conclusion is that they are "wartime leaders" who find themselves in peace time: we no longer need to cut costs and increase margins, but they don't appear willing to do anything else. 

I dont think anyone ever said the questions would be answered last week. I would have thought the most logical conclusion is simply that these things can take time.

On the game, we played ok in patches and defended relatively well for most of the game. We badly lacked quality up front and were undone by a corner and a long ball over the top ... again.

What we massively lack, though, is any kind of midfield. They dont control possession, give any protection to the back four or contribute to the attacks. Liddle was rightly hooked at half time but Gordon could easily have gone with him. McGrory was only marginally better.

O'Connor actually had a decent game, I thought, although his passing is still shocking. The January recruitment overall looks really, really poor though :( 

Really good to see Wilson back playing again. Now that Morton are out of the relegation fight, I hope he stays fit and gets some game time. If I thought we were genuinely in for him and chose Gordon instead, or just passed on Wilson, I genuinely think I would chuck it!

I honestly believe the reason we 

10 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

I dont think anyone ever said the questions would be answered last week. I would have thought the most logical conclusion is simply that these things can take time.

On the game, we played ok in patches and defended relatively well for most of the game. We badly lacked quality up front and were undone by a corner and a long ball over the top ... again.

What we massively lack, though, is any kind of midfield. They dont control possession, give any protection to the back four or contribute to the attacks. Liddle was rightly hooked at half time but Gordon could easily have gone with him. McGrory was only marginally better.

O'Connor actually had a decent game, I thought, although his passing is still shocking. The January recruitment overall looks really, really poor though :( 

Really good to see Wilson back playing again. Now that Morton are out of the relegation fight, I hope he stays fit and gets some game time. If I thought we were genuinely in for him and chose Gordon instead, or just passed on Wilson, I genuinely think I would chuck it!

I honestly believe the reason we have no midfield presence on the ball is due to punt a chase style of our coach

The thing that gets me today is we had that game won against a  poor Morton team . 

At 1 nil we should make positive subs to go on and win the game but no we invite Morton on to us.

Morton strength is corners and long throws we just don't have the height or experience to  deal with them .

Our defence is so weak and has no experience.

1 minute ago, Manwithnoball said:

I honestly believe the reason we 

I honestly believe the reason we have no midfield presence on the ball is due to punt a chase style of our coach

I dont. Nobody from the midfield ever drops deep to try and take possession. We were 2-1 down and the ball was out wide with Paton, only Cameron and Fitzpatrick were in the box. Our goal came from a central defender picking the ball up in the opposition half and carrying it forward 10 yards before taking a shot. Where was the midfield? How many times did any of them do that during the game? Gordon did it once first half and McGrory once second half. Both put their shots well wide.

The style of play doesnt stop a midfield doing the basics like getting in front of a target man instead of letting him hold off the defender and bring the ball down unchallenged and it definitely doesnt stop them letting a runner go untracked behind the defence to score the winning goal.

Mental minute of football really, I thought we had the better of the opening exchanges but Queens worked their way into the game toward the end of the first half.

2nd half we were doing fine until a good goal suckered us and tbh Morton didn't react well for the next 10 minutes. I thought it was looking like one of those days, manager of the month, player of the month, unbeaten under the new manager and playing bottom of the league. Seemed written that this would be the game we fucked it up but under Sir Douglas the predictable slip ups have been avoided. Pure momentum.

Very happy now.

An unlikely goal against the run of play presented us with a chance of picking up a vital 3 points. Rae had saved us on numerous occasions before that and we had created virtually nothing up until the time East hit his great strike. Cant understand why we have tried just about every permutation but there seems an aversion to a basic 4-4-2.

3-5-2 turns into 5-3-2 and you can’t get out of your own half. Both wing backs were very poor today - never really got forward and we carried passengers in O’Connor, Gordon  Liddle and second half Sub Fitzpatrick.Our game management when we get a lead consists of sitting deeper and deeper, conceding loads of corners (when we are dreadful at defending them) and somehow hoping to run down the clock. Zero attempt to try and get forward and perhaps score a second and make the game safe.

Another very poor performance - If we had attacked, given it a go and lost out narrowly it would still be disappointing but that sort of insipid negative display where our attacking play is almost non existent drives me mad.

Away support is now down to diehard level - noticed the absence of so many regulars today in the  away section. The defeat is hard to take in such an important game but the lack of attacking intent is equally disappointing.

24 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

The thing that gets me today is we had that game won against a  poor Morton team . 

At 1 nil we should make positive subs to go on and win the game but no we invite Morton on to us.

Morton strength is corners and long throws we just don't have the height or experience to  deal with them .

The defenders weren't too bad today in all honesty.  The problem was the midfield.  When we weren't bypassing the midfield completely by launching an endless array of hopeful punts forward the midfielders were parked a few yards in front of the back four, and when we did get the ball into the Morton half nobody aside from Todd seemed willing to chase forward.  The ten minute spell after the goal where we looked on top and had them rattled was notable for the number of players we had in the opponent's half who were available for a pass or to press in comparison to the rest of the match .  Unfortunately AJ must have decided a better policy was to get as many players back behind the ball as possible and timewaste our way through the remainder of the game, which allowed Morton to regain the initiative when a goal behind.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

A poor Morton team? We are far from the best  in the league but We had an off day but to say we are poor when you have that absolute shitshow of a team is quite funny.

2 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

I submitted questions and was personally told the answers would be released last week. 

These things can take time, but I submitted my questions significantly in advance of the AGM to ensure a timely response would be possible, and not to provide any excuse for delay or avoidance. 

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

4 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Not sure why AJ waited until after Morton scored their 2 goals in the space of 2 minutes with 10 minutes to go before getting another 2 subs on.

Seaside League One here we come. At least we'll be more likely to Win games...

You don’t attend games you ***. Go away 

4 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Your club recognised the shite that was causing the blockage, flushed it out of the system and is back in working order while our board has a phobia of laxatives and is stumbling on and putting up with a turd which can't be dislodged.

Queen of the metaphors, that's us! 😏

48 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

I submitted questions and was personally told the answers would be released last week. 

These things can take time, but I submitted my questions significantly in advance of the AGM to ensure a timely response would be possible, and not to provide any excuse for delay or avoidance. 

Fair enough, I dont know what you were told personally. I would have thought, though, that all the answers would be published at the same time and the piece on the website said a lot had been submitted at late notice and they'd be answered "as soon as possible"

4 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Fair enough, I dont know what you were told personally. I would have thought, though, that all the answers would be published at the same time and the piece on the website said a lot had been submitted at late notice and they'd be answered "as soon as possible"

Late notice as soon as possible they should have been answeres on the day at the AGM closed doors or not, Come on what's all the secrets all its doing is installing more and more negativity around Palmerston.. Time the board did something proactive on the football side of things SACK THE MANAGER, SAVE OUR SEASON..... 

19 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

All hail @TONTROOPER btw

Ah right… one utterly shite side that throws away a lead in the last ten minutes…

And another shite side that comes from behind to extend to six unbeaten.

I see.

That will be a shite side that is on a six game unbeaten run took Motherwell all the way in the Scottish enjoy the seaside league ya clown.

That will be a shite side that is on a six game unbeaten run took Motherwell all the way in the Scottish enjoy the seaside league ya clown.

State of this [emoji38]
Reply to the wrong post?

I assume he was too busy mashing his keyboard and foaming at the mouth to correctly quote me.