Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

Some interesting bits from Putin's speech.

As for our country, after the disintegration of the USSR, given the entire unprecedented openness of the new, modern Russia, its readiness to work honestly with the United States and other Western partners, and its practically unilateral disarmament, they immediately tried to put the final squeeze on us, finish us off, and utterly destroy us. This is how it was in the 1990s and the early 2000s, when the so-called collective West was actively supporting separatism and gangs of mercenaries in southern Russia. What victims, what losses we had to sustain and what trials we had to go through at that time before we broke the back of international terrorism in the Caucasus! We remember this and will never forget.

As i've said before the Western position promoted in our media relies on a mindset which is completely focussed on the present and refuses to put events into historical context.

Any further expansion of the North Atlantic alliance’s infrastructure or the ongoing efforts to gain a military foothold of the Ukrainian territory are unacceptable for us. Of course, the question is not about NATO itself. It merely serves as a tool of US foreign policy. The problem is that in territories adjacent to Russia, which I have to note is our historical land, a hostile “anti-Russia” is taking shape. Fully controlled from the outside, it is doing everything to attract NATO armed forces and obtain cutting-edge weapons.

For the United States and its allies, it is a policy of containing Russia, with obvious geopolitical dividends. For our country, it is a matter of life and death, a matter of our historical future as a nation. This is not an exaggeration; this is a fact. It is not only a very real threat to our interests but to the very existence of our state and to its sovereignty. It is the red line which we have spoken about on numerous occasions. They have crossed it.

Just now, Lex said:

Wonder if Putin will be happy with the installation of a puppet regime in Kiev, ala Belarus.
I suspect not, and that he might go the full hog of declaring that Ukraine no longer exists as a sovereign state and its territory is now part of Russia. Like Crimea is.

My opinion is he will swallow it up. It will just be another region of Russia. Might even change its name to Putingrad.

33 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I knew this would happen, we win 2 games in a row and start to look semi decent and the world caves in on us.

In fairness, I did fear the writing was on the wall when Sean McGinty scored at the right end AND made the "team of the week"  !!!!

Afolabi scoring a goal in his 1st game at Airdrie and us breaking our away at Inverness hoodoo probably didn't help matters.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

You have to imagine that behind all the posturing, discussions are taking place about what an acceptable endgame is here.

I just hope if a peaceful accord is agreed on, someone writes it down so that Joe Biden doesnt forget.

In baby language that Johnson understands. 

29 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

We hear "Nicola" a hell of a lot though.

True, but I'd argue (from south of the border) that we hear "Sturgeon", "Nippy", and "Krankie", amongst others, much more often.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Sky business bloke say they're going to shit out of binning them from SWIFT. Western banks too exposed. 

Pathetic. 

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

T4rue, but I'd argue (frome south of the border) that we hear "Sturgeon", "Nippy", and "Krankie", amongst others, much more often.

It is also her name. Unlike the clowncunts nom de plume. 

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Whether to call him Boris or Johnson?

Good to see you with your finger on the very essence of what is important in the world right now. 🤣

...yet I'm not throwing out lazy wee ad hominem snipes, or lacing my posts with "amusing" emojis. Maybe because I don't give much of a fúck what the cool kids think of me. Off you fúck, fool.

...yet I'm not throwing out lazy wee ad hominem snipes, or lacing my posts with "amusing" emojis. Maybe because I don't give much of a fúck what the cool kids think of me. Off you fúck, fool.
Are you using ù to get past the swear filter?

Eta fúck fûck fück fūck fűck fųck fůck

Eta again.... Very immature imo mate

The fragile status of humanity was held together by a blood pact lasting 114 years.

Hibs winning the Scottish Cup in 2016 has set off a quite cataclysmic chain of events that threaten our very existence.