Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

2 hours ago, steve55 said:

More like the CIA did this under the banner of Anonymous.

...under the orders of the techno-necromancers from Alpha Centauri.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Hope this little facist c**t got taken round the back by the Ukrainian gold medallist and got his little facist face well and truly panned in.

I get the feeling that's going to be a massive embarrassment for him when he grows up.

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Hope this little facist c**t got taken round the back by the Ukrainian gold medallist and got his little facist face well and truly panned in.

Russian gymnast wears pro invasion symbol while competing - Daily Star

Are you 100% confident he's wearing that out of choice and not been coerced/forced into it?

34 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Are you 100% confident he's wearing that out of choice and not been coerced/forced into it?

The other Russian gymnastics managed to put tape over their flag in a rectangle shape....that shithead somehow managed to get his into a shape of a 'Z'....I'm going to say it was his choice.

I think this Twitter thread was posted before (I think by ICTChris) which shows while there are those in Russia who are against the action, there's an equally large group who support.  The 'Z' symbol is now being used by those to show support far and wide....in sport and social media.

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

The huge arrogant smug look on his puss in that photo should answer your question fairly conclusively.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

We must clamp down on desperate pleas for help. They're vey annoying. 

The problem is that our media are now championing this cause and giving increasing coverage to "Sandra on facebook" and "Jeremy on twitter" which is extremely dangerous when you have a populist Government.

Yes, it's far from ideal and I obviously understand the plight of the Ukraninans, however under NO circumstances can we implement a "no fly zone" unless we seriously want to be starting World War 3 and this needs drummed into folks thick heads !!!

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Russian gymnast wears pro invasion symbol while competing - Daily Star

He looks young and able bodied enough to go and fight if it means that much to him. 

I'd like to see wee handstand guy vs Usyk. 

7 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's an absolute guarantee that Blue Lives Matter/MAGA/Canadian trucker types are going to be all over that Z symbol in addition to their red baseball caps.

Any excuse to relive this

5e425e79cff47e00090ae574_1450955028646-c

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

He looks young and able bodied enough to go and fight if it means that much to him. 

I'd like to see wee handstand guy vs Usyk. 

I saw someone make that point about the black t-shirt video with all the shaven headed guys in it. Why are they not in Ukraine, they all look able bodied? Same with the police who are beating up old women for protesting.

When you consider the size of Ukraine and all the hinterland that needs to be conquered, this is an eye-opener. Throwing ordnance around outside the areas you control is one thing, establishing a continuing presence there is another....

I'm not sure I agree. The Institute of War map devoted Russian "controlled" areas, not gains. It's fair to say that Russia controls those parts of the country. Ukraine can't get things in or out of there. They can't arm or fuel the civilians there and they can't get produce out.

This phase of the war is about destroying Ukrainian state capacity. The fact that there aren't Russian troops standing in fields is a minor matter at the moment; they won't be planting crops this spring.

As much as everyone's been on about how slow the Russian advance has been things aren't looking good for Ukraine. If they lose Odessa it's game over for Ukraine as we knew it.