Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Reports that Russia has undertaken to scale back it's operations around Kyiv to increase trust and help increase the chances of a negotiated settlement.

Could be that the gains we've seen in recent days have been Russian troops already moving to pull out being pressured by Ukrainians.  It could also be that they are making this announcement as they think they are unable to hold the territory they've taken there.  I wonder how much of their forces from Kyiv or Kharkiv could be redployed easily to the Donbas.  There are so many 'don't knows' about the situation.

Edited to add, the statement of the Russian deputy defense minister

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60890199

Run out of bullets and petrol imo

Thailands second most watch TV channel (Channel 5), top dog has resigned.  As it has come to public attention that he signed an agreement with the Russian Ambassador in Bangkok, that his channel would not report on the conflict details, without his consent.  The channel is owned by the Thai military.  The Government is a military outfit. 

They are bunch of sleekit c***s. 

That channel has shared some interesting videos - this is one from Kharkiv of an operation to recapture a village from Russian troops.  They drove up to the village in civilian cars, which seems fairly dangerous to me but what do I know.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

That channel has shared some interesting videos - this is one from Kharkiv of an operation to recapture a village from Russian troops.  They drove up to the village in civilian cars, which seems fairly dangerous to me but what do I know.

They could be Azov troops as they drove civilian cars, I think the Azov patch at 4:10 gives it away.

19 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Now that we've conclusively answered the question of whether it's "The Ukraine" or "Ukraine", can we turn our attention to whether it's "The Donbas" or just "Donbas"?

If there is a spare "The" going, I suggest we award it to The Fife.

Channel 4 doing a Syria War fluff piece on a Nour al Din al Zenki unit who were on video cutting the heart out of a 14 year Palestinian boy will always be the benchmark for bad war reporting but Ukraine coverage is getting close. 

Edited by Detournement