Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

10 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

There's been a concerted effort to portray this as all Putin's doing since day one,

Well,he is the absolute ruler of Russia so he can't complain of the portrayal.as Charles de Gaulle said of himself&France,"l'etat,c'est moi"

And an American president (FDR,I think)had a sign on his desk saying "the buck stops here".

3 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

Well,he is the absolute ruler of Russia so he can't complain of the portrayal.as Charles de Gaulle said of himself&France,"l'etat,c'est moi"

And an American president (FDR,I think)had a sign on his desk saying "the buck stops here".

Unlike our present PM. His sign probably say" Everyone else's fault, but mine".

32 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

Truman

On 21/03/2022 at 17:47, virginton said:

The world's most technologically sophisticated and highest-funded military can't even avoid killing its own allies in a live-fire combat zone, yet here you are claiming that Russian soldiers are deliberately murdering civilians for a laugh.

This held up well.

On 21/03/2022 at 07:08, virginton said:

There's no evidence of indiscriminate murder of women and children FFS.

He came out with this ridiculous statement the week earlier.  Pretty much every day there is video footage of the indiscriminate murder of women and children......

29 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If this WSJ story is true then it's a bad look for Zelensky.

Yeah. A bad look from a President who's country is fighting for its very existence from a Russian despot and leader of an army committing atrocities. I am sure your hero Putin is to be wholly trusted. Ukraine. Being shat upon by Germany and Russia. Things never change.

Edited by Highlandmagyar Tier 3

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Ukrainian forces back in control of Chernobyl.

Several missile strikes on oil facilities in Odessa today.

I read that Putin or his senior generals had the troops in Chernobyl digging trenches to fortify their position and as a result many of the troops are seriously ill. I'm not sure how thick the Russian command is but digging up a nuclear waste land seems monumentally stupid.

45 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Yeah. A bad look from a President who's country is fighting for its very existence from a Russian despot and leader of an army committing atrocities. I am sure your hero Putin is to be wholly trusted. Ukraine. Being shat upon by Germany and Russia. Things never change.

It would have been a good idea for Zelensky to try and avoid the war or at least delay it. If that story is true then it can't be said that he did everything to avoid it. 

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It would have been a good idea for Zelensky to try and avoid the war or at least delay it. If that story is true then it can't be said that he did everything to avoid it. 

And Putin did? Invaded for false reasons. Just like Hitler.

15 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Do you seriously believe the utter crap you spout, or are just having a laugh trolling us all?