Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Russia are claiming two Ukrainian helicopters attacked and destroyed an oil refinery in Belgorod, just across the border from Kharkiv.

alleged video of the attack

First reported as an ammo dump but the Governor of Belgorod confirmed it was a fuel depot today 

50 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Do the Russians think it's out of order that Ukraine can hit them back on their own turf? Or does this give Russia an excuse to go full tonto and nuke 'em for putting the homeland under threat?

Starting to get serious Old Firm vibes off Russia these days tbh.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Do the Russians think it's out of order that Ukraine can hit them back on their own turf? Or does this give Russia an excuse to go full tonto and nuke 'em for putting the homeland under threat?

Ukraine have had a couple of strikes on Russia proper - they attacked an airstrip with a ballistic missile and there was a drone strike on a fuel train as well.  There was also a rumour a few days ago about explosions at an ammunition depot in Belgorod, I think, but no-one claimed it.  Some people have claimed, with no evidence, that there are Ukrainian sabotage units working inside Russia.

I don't think the Ukrainians have officially claimed any of the strikes inside Russia.

If this clip turns out to be legit, there's not much doubt it was Ukrainian helicopters, which begs the question of exactly how good Russian air defences are:

This clip (not for the faint hearted as there is a dead body at one point) is alleged to be taken today in a recently liberated town called Ivankiv north of Kyiv. The Russians appear to be withdrawing completely from the Kyiv area:

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If this clip turns out to be legit, there's not much doubt it was Ukrainian helicopters, which begs the question of exactly how good Russian air defences are:

This clip (not for the faint hearted as there is a dead body at one point) is alleged to be taken today in a recently liberated town called Ivankiv north of Kyiv. The Russians appear to be withdrawing completely from the Kyiv area:

Is there any need for the language!

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You know very well what I mean. Swearing is a sign of a limited vocabulary. I'd want people who know how to conduct themselves to defend my country.

Well you don't always get what you fucking ask for do you!

Edited by 101

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You know very well what I mean. Swearing is a sign of a limited vocabulary. I'd want people who know how to conduct themselves to defend my country.

Think that's a couple of local mentalists rather than the Ukrainian military. Seems a long time ago now that all the TV news pundits were saying Kyiv would fall in two days.

31 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I would want people who could defend my country to defend my country. Frankly, if they swore "like troopers" I'd regard that as very much a secondary - and trivial - consideration. 

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I would want people who could defend my country to defend my country. Frankly, if they swore "like troopers" I'd regard that as very much a secondary - and trivial - consideration. 

Well done, Sergeant.

Gay Fishing GIFs | Tenor

48 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

You must be some laugh at a party

The defence of Kyiv has been an epic achievement. 

Overwhelming material odds stacked against them. But courage and a lot of skill, especially in small units, extracted a cost Russia could not bear. 

They pulled the VDV out of a few days ago, so this was either planned or expected. With Ivankiv in Ukrainian hands there is no real way to supply any troops left in Bucha or Hostomel. So the pull out from there signals the end of that salient. 

As everyone now expects everything focussed in the Donbas for Russia. Ukraine has confirmed Izyum has fallen. 

Still last nights collapse in Kyiv feels very important for the war and the future of Ukraine. 

3 hours ago, dorlomin said:

The defence of Kyiv has been an epic achievement. 

Overwhelming material odds stacked against them. But courage and a lot of skill, especially in small units, extracted a cost Russia could not bear. 

They pulled the VDV out of a few days ago, so this was either planned or expected. With Ivankiv in Ukrainian hands there is no real way to supply any troops left in Bucha or Hostomel. So the pull out from there signals the end of that salient. 

As everyone now expects everything focussed in the Donbas for Russia. Ukraine has confirmed Izyum has fallen. 

Still last nights collapse in Kyiv feels very important for the war and the future of Ukraine. 

Cant wait for the film to document it.

Brad Pitt is a stick in as lead.