Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Jack Ross is a good manager, no idea why Aberdeen fans would be turning their nose up at him. He was doing fine at Hibs, it was more internal politics that meant he was emptied the first time the going got tough.

Probably the perception that it’s mcinnes but with less pedigree. 

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Jack Ross is a good manager, no idea why Aberdeen fans would be turning their nose up at him. He was doing fine at Hibs, it was more internal politics that meant he was emptied the first time the going got tough.

He's in no way a fit for the what the club want to do. 

Journalists in Scotland need to get away from this perception that it needs to be someone who did an ok to good job in the Premier League previously.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Journalists in Scotland need to get away from this perception that it needs to be someone who did an ok to good job in the Premier League previously.

I’m not sure they do. Journalists are never going to do the heavy lifting for the club in identifying targets. They’ll always just list the obvious, which will be people who have had success before. 

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

Jack Ross suddenly sounds a more attractive option when you read that Derek Adams is now going on the cheap.

The lad certainly doesn't lack confidence...

"If they're going to get a new manager in they're not going to get a manager as successful as myself in the door"

Was his comment, the other day, while still at Bradford.

43 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What aspect of what the club want to do is it that you believe Jack Ross would be incapable of?

I didn't say he was the only option or that someone from outside Scottish football couldn't also be a good choice, just that I don't understand why he would be considered a bad appointment.

4 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Seen that a few ITK on Twitter are suggesting it might be worth sticking a few quid on Nobby Solano.

Rumours spreading here that Aberdeen have been given permission to speak to Goodwin. 

Not sure if any of our ITK guys have heard anything.

Kjetil Knutsen from Bodo/Glimt is climbing up the odds. If they're trying for the medium to long term rather than just a quick fix, Wim Jonk from Volendam might be an ambitious pick too. Whether either of them would want to move to Aberdeen with things going well at home is another matter. Fairly easy for them getting to and from Aberdeen for home visits though.

4 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Ultimately, Jack Ross is a glorified failure. 

Turned Hibs around to his credit, but their showing in the latter stages of the cup last year were an embarrassment for what should've happened. Hibs should have another trophy in the cabinet. 

Similar to McInnes in many ways, and ultimately not in alignment with that the club appears to want. 

Football was turgid at times, over relied on certain players (Boyle) and had a penchant for filling his team with 6'0+ players across the board. 

There's nothing he's achieved in his career that makes me think he can take Aberdeen to winning cups on a semi consistent basis and finishing top 3/4 every season. 

Couldn't get Sunderland promoted despite vast financial benefits. 

Couldn't secure Hibs a win despite reaching the last 4 of both cups last season. 

Finished 3rd with Hibs ahead of an Aberdeen side that scored 1 goal in 10 games latterly. 

His promotion with St Mirren was good, but that's the kind of club he'll be starting at again. 

Most of that is correct, but JR never tried to sign giants - I sometimes wish he had.

15 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

There's nothing he's achieved in his career that makes me think he can take Aberdeen to winning cups on a semi consistent basis and finishing top 3/4 every season. 

I've seen very few managers whose CV makes me think they can achieve that, tbf.

31 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Seen that a few ITK on Twitter are suggesting it might be worth sticking a few quid on Nobby Solano.

All bets are off then - the coach of the Peruvian U-23 side that failed to qualify for the last Olympics is exactly what we need to avoid losing cheap goals at Almondvale and Fir Park.

58 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What aspect of what the club want to do is it that you believe Jack Ross would be incapable of?

I didn't say he was the only option or that someone from outside Scottish football couldn't also be a good choice, just that I don't understand why he would be considered a bad appointment.

He plays the exact style of football that saw McInnes punted. Slow, ponderous passes along the backline and then a big boot forward. Rinse and repeat. You get some grace when results are going your way. Once they're not...

Fair enough, apologies for generalising but reading the rags online with their list of potential targets set me off.