Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye, I'm fine with Goodwin if it is him. Maybe a bit of a lazy and 'safe' choice if you are being critical, and possibly won't have the ceiling of other potential appointments, but I can kind of understand Cormack being a bit more cautious with this one. 

I wouldn't mind Valerian Ismael if he was an option, but he is probably bordering on unrealistic and will be holding out for another Championship job or something abroad. Also don't think his preferred style, from what I've seen of his teams, would suit Cormack. 

It is no more mental than going for that Knudsen character, given they’re past the Euro groups (having pumped Roma) and we’ve not got near that level.
Add in the fact Fergie is, by chance, up next week to have a word.
No doubt it’ll just make the inevitable Goodwin/Ross appointment even more of a sore one though.

They got into the Conference League group stage by losing to Legia Warsaw in the Champions League, then beating the champions of Iceland, Kosovo and Lithuania. I suspect Aberdeen would have made the groups in that scenario too.

The more impressive achievements are winning the league (but it's a much more evenly matched league than ours) and the absolute pumping they dished out to Roma.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

I think it’s a fine appointment if it’s Goodwin

Us fans know f**k all really 

I remember being buzzing when we hired Mark McGhee and it was the most disastrous appointment in the clubs history 

I also remember being really pissed off when we hired McInnes but less than a year later there was 43,000 Aberdeen fans at a cup final watching us win a trophy 

Radical idea, let’s just park the negativity and give whoever it is a fair crack of the whip 

You're correct that we should get behind him. He's in the same position as Glass in that he's be offered, what some may think, is a step up and it looks like he's going to take the opportunity.

And again, if this doesn't work, then the focus will come back on Cormack. I do hope the suggestion that we're parting with £250k to get him is false though.

If he starts at the beginning of next week then he opens with a nice fixture against the old foes of the guest of honour. Perhaps that day can spark some goodwill.

Then it's a tough couple of fixtures with Hearts and Sevco away before the usually winnable home match against Hibs.

I've heard, third hand, rumours from a person on the coaching staff that the general feeling amongst them is that the first team maybe aren't too concerned about this season's form.

Therefore, I don't think it's an ideal environment that Goodwin is entering, and he isn't going to be able, with this current squad, to build up a head of steam of positivity with wins.

The fans are, if online chatter and that of my What's App group are any gauge , are generally skeptical about Goodwin, and as a supporter myself, I'm confused about the direction and the ambitions of the club under Cormack.

We may have moved up a league placing last night but, in my opinion, there's a feeling of downward trajectory throughout the club at the moment.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Goodwin, the "best" Aberdeen, the 3rd/4th biggest budget club in the country by far can get, Aberdeen fans, many "happy" with this. WTf !

Surely you can get a better appointment? There are leagues outside Scotland, with managers who have actual proper experience to back themselves up. Goodwin is a rookie, who has achieved sweet F.A. this season yet. Geniually suprised at how this management search going. Where is the non Scottish league options? Must be some?

18 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Goodwin, the "best" Aberdeen, the 3rd/4th biggest budget club in the country by far can get, Aberdeen fans, many "happy" with this. WTf !

Surely you can get a better appointment? There are leagues outside Scotland, with managers who have actual proper experience to back themselves up. Goodwin is a rookie, who has achieved sweet F.A. this season yet. Geniually suprised at how this management search going. Where is the non Scottish league options? Must be some?

Aye, you've said.

5 hours ago, Sonam said:

People said the same back in 1986 when Sir Alex left to go to Manchester. We ended up with Ian Porterfield. If we couldn't attract a big name back then when we were one of the leading clubs across Europe why would we now when we're 9th in a woeful Scottish League and out of both Cups?

7 hours ago, gudge1903 said:

Clangers coaching Lewis and Woods how to get even worse and to hide if it gets really noisy or if a paper cups thrown at them. 😂😂😂 

Hopefully he keeps Samson on as goalkeeper coach if it is Goodwin.

I've seriously got the fear.

Pretty lazy comment. JL has built a superb rep as a GK coach, and he’s been coaching better keepers than Lewis for the past few years.

2 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Pretty lazy comment. JL has built a superb rep as a GK coach, and he’s been coaching better keepers than Lewis for the past few years.

Thread's full of lazy assumptions but this one is right up there. Langfield would, in some ways, be a bigger loss than Goodwin.

21 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I know that being a good player doesn’t make you a good coach, and that being a poor player doesn’t make you a poor coach, so wouldn’t have a problem with Langfield being our goalie coach. But who are these mysterious better keepers than Joe Lewis that he’s been coaching for the past few years?

45 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I know that being a good player doesn’t make you a good coach, and that being a poor player doesn’t make you a poor coach, so wouldn’t have a problem with Langfield being our goalie coach. But who are these mysterious better keepers than Joe Lewis that he’s been coaching for the past few years?

Hladky and Alnwick. Both better than Lewis in the last couple of years.

3 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

People said the same back in 1986 when Sir Alex left to go to Manchester. We ended up with Ian Porterfield. If we couldn't attract a big name back then when we were one of the leading clubs across Europe why would we now when we're 9th in a woeful Scottish League and out of both Cups?

That's not correct, we could've attracted a far better manager, remember English clubs had just been banned from Europe for a start. The fact is Dick Donald chose the cheap option.

I remember at the time, Sandy Jardine was favoured and then suddenly one Monday night ( I think), Reporting Scotland announced it was Porterfield.

Edited by Bogbrush1903