No a Derby Vs The Derby extravaganza to end all derbies

Great result - those last few minutes were a tough watch though.  Should have gone two up early in the second half to take some of the pressure off.  Badly needed 3 points though.  There could be some life left in the season yet.

That felt relatively comfortable for 80 minutes and a nerve shredder in the last 10….

Big 3 points, we’re maybe not doomed after all.

Thought Paton had a decent game, or maybe I just noticed the bandage.

The commentators were fair, to the point of being over generous to us (and pretty hard on Ayr). We weren’t brilliant but we dug out a result, which would have been beyond us a few weeks ago.

Onwards…..

That felt relatively comfortable for 80 minutes and a nerve shredder in the last 10….
Big 3 points, we’re maybe not doomed after all.
Thought Paton had a decent game, or maybe I just noticed the bandage.
The commentators were fair, to the point of being over generous to us (and pretty hard on Ayr). We weren’t brilliant but we dug out a result, which would have been beyond us a few weeks ago.
Onwards…..

We'd have at the very least drew that under AJ. I'm never confident watching us trying to hold on to a lead but I was nervous today in the last 10 rather than resigned to the fact we'd concede which is a massive upgrade.

I think we got what we deserved tbh. It was a fairly even contest but I think we could have had another couple of goals. Ayr's chances were more half chances. I actually think we were far better last week and had better chances but I'll take 3 points any way we can get them.

The shitehousery from Rae throughout the game and the seethe Gibson caused was delicious. Hopefully Gibson got off the pitch this time without more unprovoked abuse from the Ayr support.

Massive game against Morton next. We really need to make that count as well.

3 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

The commentators were fair, to the point of being over generous to us (and pretty hard on Ayr).

I remember saying before that the female commentator (Lauren is it... not sure?) talks sense, she knows the game, is quick to spot things, is (as you've said) fair and is basically streets ahead of her co-commentator fella.  She's one of the best at this level. Kudos.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Bullen is a fucking moron for that setup and selection negative pish against the worst team in the league, we also only went 442 to match QOTS after their subs.  

Everyone cries out for Muirhead to be moved back into defence because he's never a midfielder in a million years and Baird is shite. He does it and we beat Killie away and Inverness away while looking reasonably solid. Then we play the team bottom of the league, and when Murdoch is injured, he thinks it's a good idea to go BACK to the old set up. Jesus f**k. Not impressed with him at all at times.

Thought Fitzpatrick and Paton carried the ball forward well today and we suffered a bit when they went off.  Hope their injuries (was Fitz injured?) ain't too bad.  Would be great to get Connelly back next week if possible - another huge game (well they all are now) at home to Morton next week on the dodgy carpet.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We'd have at the very least drew that under AJ. I'm never confident watching us trying to hold on to a lead but I was nervous today in the last 10 rather than resigned to the fact we'd concede which is a massive upgrade.

I think we got what we deserved tbh. It was a fairly even contest but I think we could have had another couple of goals. Ayr's chances were more half chances. I actually think we were far better last week and had better chances but I'll take 3 points any way we can get them.

The shitehousery from Rae throughout the game and the seethe Gibson caused was delicious. Hopefully Gibson got off the pitch this time without more unprovoked abuse from the Ayr support.

Massive game against Morton next. We really need to make that count as well.

In the league - next game is against Cove in the Diddy Cup. Could probably do without it, tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Thought Fitzpatrick and Paton carried the ball forward well today and we suffered a bit when they went off.  Hope their injuries (was Fitz injured?) ain't too bad.  Would be great to get Connelly back next week if possible - another huge game (well they all are now) at home to Morton next week on the dodgy carpet.

Massive cup semi at Cove on Tuesday before the huge Morton game.