No a Derby Vs The Derby extravaganza to end all derbies

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

Awful stuff. Some really poor performances today. No idea why Maxwell was on for that long.

Maxwell was awful. Will need to see the highlights but for me he should've closed their goalscorer down. Missed a couple of half chances and continually gave the ball away.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's almost as if it would make more sense for the shop, or a similar outlet, to just sell tickets to people willing to pay to buy them. 

We do that every home game 12 noon until kick off in club shop and have done for 3 seasons 

Poor day at the office for both sides, no chance any football was getting played in that weather. 

Queens took their chance, we didn't. Will need to see the highlights for a better angle but our big chance in the first looked harder to miss? 

Weird performance from Steve MacLean this afternoon, was almost split personality between the first and second. Seemed to be letting the game flow in the first half. Last half hour he just wanted to call everything.

53 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, seems a certain QOS fan was embarrassing himself on here for absolutely no reason then...

58 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

We do that every home game 12 noon until kick off in club shop and have done for 3 seasons 

Tbf to whichever fan you're on about, there was a reason (which must have been a communication breakdown somewhere). The QOS website stated: 'Tickets must be purchased online as there will be no option to purchase them on matchday at the ground and no option to pay at the turnstiles.'

Edited by Riviera711

19 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Tbf to whichever fan you're on about, there was a reason (which must have been a communication breakdown somewhere). The QOS website stated: 'Tickets must be purchased online as there will be no option to purchase them on matchday at the ground and no option to pay at the turnstiles.'

Yes I seen that on Twitter the other day and came on here letting fans know we will be selling them up to kick off , 

Grim viewing this afternoon.

We didn't turn up, apart from McInroy and Dempsey as a previous poster stated and QOS, though looking limited at times took their chance when it mattered. We did create some chances, hitting the crossbar in the last minutes stands out but I can't recall the Queens keeper making a save of note.

As much as I'd hate to admit it, Gibson at times looked very capable there were a couple of times he breezed past our defence at times on the wings.

Huge win today in really poor conditions. Battling performance in what really was a “must win” for us.

Virtually impossible to play silky football with the wind but we had some decent passages of play and definitely had the better half chances. WG has been really smart making the relationship between players: supporters a top priority and you can see already how much both parties are responding to each other. 

I thought the back 4 was solid with Willie himself outstanding and our best player by a distance. Great goal by Fitzpatrick and he has looked a different player in last two games. Paton also did well today.

I was disappointed that we sat so deep and invited trouble last 20 minutes. Exactly the same as under AJ - the big difference being that we didn’t concede and held firm although we rode our luck at the end. Conceding a barrage of corners is not a strategy that I would endorse for us but thankfully the final whistle duly arrived with another rare clean sheet being achieved.

We are definitely building some positive momentum - hope some of the stayaway fans can get along to the game next Saturday and help create a positive supportive atmosphere.

10 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Yes I seen that on Twitter the other day and came on here letting fans know we will be selling them up to kick off , 

You did. But @Monkey Tennis commented following the the exchange below that took place earlier today including a link to the Ayr website that said “Away Fans must purchase online as there is no option to purchase tickets at Somerset Park.”

8 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Sorry if its already been covered, but Queens website saying we can't purchase tickets on the day of the match at the ground (hub).  Is this so ....?

7 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Sorry my previous post was wrong, QOS fans can only purchase tickets online. Apologies.

Ayr United Football Club | Queen of the South | Match Preview | 26/02/22 (ayrunitedfc.co.uk)

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Quite right to enjoy it. You certainly wont be playing us next season unless it's a cup game. 

Don't give up hope just yet. Even though we were so much better than you today, it's unlikely that both us and Dunfermline will overtake you, so you should be okay for next season.

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

To be fair this is from the Official QoS preview.   We don't make it clear in the slightest that tickets can actually be bought on the day - I know we want them bought in advance but should never be telling folk they are unavailable when they actually are. 

Edit - our own preview never mentions anything about buying at the ground either.   Seems daft not to give folk every option.    

While I'm moaning, one turnstile open on North Terracing entrance was rubbish too.   That crowd today didn't need folk to be queued back past the Hospitality entrance at 2.50.    

AND the 5 male portaloo thing is horrendous.    Its actually worse than before.   That should have been as an addition to the original one with a quick in and out urinals - I'd like to think that's long gone next year. 

Screenshot_20220226-204514_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Hursty

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Quite right to enjoy it. You certainly wont be playing us next season unless it's a cup game. 

You keep believing that if you like but there's plenty points still to play. I wouldn't count your chickens yet, as they may come home to roost...