Ross County v St Mirren 5/3/22

Not a great game and very little in it. You think you have seen it all from refs then bang along comes another. Aberdeen have ripped up our season as for Robison they guy is just in the door not a ideal situation.  Oh well not as if we need to get used to defeat.  

Verbal warning for Robinson for putting Main on before Brophy. 

That was as insipid a performance as I've seen for a while. Don't remember a shot on target.  Robinson seems to have tried to change too much too quickly. 

We offered absolutely nothing and got what we deserved. 

17 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 1-0
Never seen the game but sounded brutal from our perspective. No honeymoon period for Robinson, top six looks gone now.

Win midweek and we have a chance.

Tough run of games, and depending what Dundee show up the game midweek could be awkward too.

County got the goal so deserved the win, I thought it was a pretty even match. Neither keeper had that much to do.

Surely now Robsinson sees Main isn't good enough? The bit where he took 6 touches to control the ball then roll it out of play 🤯.

Tait and Tanser both piss poor. Jones was brilliant in flashes. Greive didn't stand a chance with the way we set up in the first half.

Pretty meh. Some turn around from County though. 

That wasn’t too pretty, backs to the wall for much of the second half, but ultimately saw it out. With Saints playing 3 at the back and Hungbo & Charles-Cook on the wings we were always going to get some joy. 

You can see the stamp of Goodwin all over this team, Gogic and Power are not pretty on the eye. Good disrupters but didn’t see any insight or class there at all. If Jones got the ball more often to his feet I can see him causing problems. In Grieve you have a smaller and equally as shit Jordan White. 

Top six, wow. Didn’t expect that. 

I'm sure I'll make a perfectly sensible post tomorrow, but after numerous pints:

Eat it, Marcus Fraser. 

Edited by Comrie

30 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I'm sure I'll make a perfectly sensible post tomorrow, but after numerous pints:

Eat it, Marcus Fraser. 

Is he coming back from injury? I'd have thought he'd be ahead of Tait for right wing back, or right sided centre half.

Power & Gogic in the centre of midfield were brutal today, one of them maybe but both is too much. 

The past 2 games have not been too pleasing to watch, but digging out back to back 1-0 wins more than compensates for that.

Baldwin was my MoTM with Iacovitti not far behind.

Tremendous to be in the top 6, but it wont last. Regardless of that each point gets us further away from the relegation zone and ultimately that is the priority for me.

Well done once again to Mr Mackay and the players.

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Thought it was a really comfortable 3 points for County. Quite surprised at how poor St mirren have become.

I want to argue with this but I can't. Without the penalty, which looked the right call, it's a 0-0. But you can't expect to take anything when you offer nothing up top. 

County are in great form, I thought they'd be a shoe in for the bottom 2 at the start of the season but fair play to them. 

It’s beginning to look as if the Motherwell fans were correct about Robinson. Yes it’s early days but the performances up to now have been utter dross. 

We were honking when Goodwin stuck with the early season 3 at the back nonsense, yet Robinson decides to do the same.

Ive got the fear about how this is going and while he will be afforded time to put his own stamp on the squad, the thought of him signing a whole raft of English league 1&2 jobbers fills me with fear.

Edited by glenburn bud

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

What the f**k do they practise in training?

A question I have asked frequently since we got our own dedicated training complex, which apparently put us on a similar footing to the ugly sisters and Hibs.

Just what the actual fcuk do they do there each and every day, apart from running around plastic cones.

7 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Surely now Robsinson sees Main isn't good enough? 

This concerns me, I'm sure a couple of Motherwell fans mentioned his loyalty to certain players and if Main is one then we could be facing a struggle Brophy and Greive are far better hopefully Robinson sees this too.