The Top Six Crunch

18 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You don't have to accept or reject it but it's not the silliest assertion we've seen round here...

Or, as it turns out, the silliest assertion on this thread

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only 2 teams have won multiple major trophies in the past decade, so its sensible to suggest there's a big 2.

38 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Reminds me of when British TV used to pretend there was a "Big 4" in tennis (to include Andy Murray), while the rest of the world knew that - really - only Djokovic, Nadal and Federer counted.

Comparing hearts to Andy Murray is way too much of a compliment to them. Hang your head. 

46 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Martindale seemed like he was aiming for Europe in his interview with Si Ferry

Aye he's stopped pretending 10th is our aim.🤣

44 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We have Killie, Livi and the Old Firm in our next 4 games. 

We must beat both Killie and Livi to have any chance of being in the top six. 

Don't see us losing to you at home, if Nisbet is playing it'll increase the odds though. 

Anything can happen yet, can't even rule out St Johnstone, they've a habit of putting a late run together and sneaking into top 6. 

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only 2 teams have won multiple major trophies in the past decade, so its sensible to suggest theres a big 2.

Hearts havent won anything of note in over 10 years, with spells in the 2nd tier, so have no claim to anything IMO.

I agree - and so would most Hearts fans.

@Darren hooking a couple of unexpectedly big bites there though.

8 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

I agree - and so would most Hearts fans.

@Darren hooking a couple of unexpectedly big bites there though.

TBF Hearts fans have spent years claiming they were "demoted", so its easy to fall for it when they make ridiculous statements.

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

This is true. They seem to forget the seasons they spent in the championship as well. Convenient. 

@Darren's choice of words as possibly somewhat needlessly confrontational but you do have to concede that, given that we're 10 points clear of 7th, it does at least make some kind of sense in the narrow and specific context of this thread about individual teams chances of making the top 6 to class hearts separate to the teams below for whom that question is still very much in the balance

@Darren is simply assuming top six is in the bag already

Personally speaking I'd rather we didn't simply assume that it is absolutely secure because, after all. there's still eight games to go

27 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Did they not just need to not get beat by St Mirren to avoid going down. 

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

@Darren's choice of words as possibly somewhat needlessly confrontational but you do have to concede that, given that we're 10 points clear of 7th, it does at least make some kind of sense in the narrow and specific context of this thread about individual teams chances of making the top 6 to class hearts separate to the teams below for whom that question is still very much in the balance

Personally speaking I'd rather we didn't simply assume that it is absolutely secure because, after all. there's still eight games to go

St Mirren 1-0 Hearts: Jon Obika secures crucial win over bottom club ...

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

At least Andy gave them a game at times and won stuff he was though well behind.  Hearts get shagged of the two teams above them every time they play them and have 30,000 less fans than the team in second.  Weird stuff. 

Thought you were going to say at least Andy hasn't gone bust and left actual charities out of pocket, or been relegated twice in a decade, but your point was pretty good as well.

22 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Thought you were going to say at least Andy hasn't gone bust and left actual charities out of pocket, or been relegated twice in a decade, but your point was pretty good as well.

^^^^absolute belter of a post. :lol: 

I know one thing for sure you can definitely rule St Mirren out of top six we will be lucky to finish about 9 th

17 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

True, Hearts are in the best position by a considerable margin. For what it's worth. I've had a cheeky fiver on Aberdeen to finish 3rd at 25/1, not expecting it to happen, just thought it was value. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

21 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

why did Celtic need a club shop at St Mirren? I know they we're playing there but who really needed to buy a new scarf.

Not really a question for a St Mirren fan to answer.  They got offered a bunch of cash to let them set up for a day or so.  Not even an issue for me.

32 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Not really a question for a St Mirren fan to answer.  They got offered a bunch of cash to let them set up for a day or so.  Not even an issue for me.

I would be incredibly angry if my club ever stooped to those depths.  However, even seeing a Rantic top in Edinburgh pisses me off.