Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

10 hours ago, maicoman said:

There is a garage in the middle of no where ( Creetown in Dumfries and Galloway) that was selling deisel for the same price of their petrol weeks a go  You might think that it being remote that their petrol was expensive but no they were selling both for £1.38 a litre! This was when the other garages and piss takers of the supermarkets were selling it for around 90p a gallon more My brother in law is from Stranraer  and has been going on about their prices for a while now Was not paying much attention about it until someone posted a photo of their prices online  I could not believe it when i saw it

Great spot. Supermarkets are under scrutiny just now - rightly so - there was someone on the radio from Which, I think yestrerday talking about the disparity between diesel and petrol.

What will probably happen is they will equalise the prices but nobody will go to jail for the way these prices have been fixed.

11 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Great spot. Supermarkets are under scrutiny just now - rightly so - there was someone on the radio from Which, I think yestrerday talking about the disparity between diesel and petrol.

What will probably happen is they will equalise the prices but nobody will go to jail for the way these prices have been fixed.

Think i seen that report on tv the other night It was saying that diesel should be 4p a litre cheaper than petrol going by what they are buying it at recently

On 18/05/2023 at 18:49, maicoman said:

Think i seen that report on tv the other night It was saying that diesel should be 4p a litre cheaper than petrol going by what they are buying it at recently

Was down in Dumfries direction on Friday night having a drink with a friend who lives close to Creetown  Had to ask him about this garage They are now selling the diesel cheaper than petrol at £1.33 a litre He was unable so fill up his van as he did not have the time to sit in the traffic jam to get in  The fuel tanker  was waiting to get in to unload also with a name on it he had never heard of before He recons the fuel must be coming in from Ireland 

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

My local petrol station has petrol and diesel at the same price. Unfortunately that price is £1.46. 

£1.44 near me.

Having paid 20p a litre more for my diesel car, I'm chuffed to bits.

7 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Mostly it has been but not last time I checked.

Indeed. Last time I went to Tesco it was at 142.9. Previous to that it had been 138.9. For unleaded. Local Shell garage to me is usually a bit higher, but is now same price as Tesco Westhill.

On 17/05/2023 at 20:18, maicoman said:

There is a garage in the middle of no where ( Creetown in Dumfries and Galloway) 

Middle of nowhere??

Excuse me,  Creetown is fairly close to the centre of the Universe……and I can see it from my house!

On 22/05/2023 at 11:19, scottsdad said:

£1.44 near me.

Having paid 20p a litre more for my diesel car, I'm chuffed to bits.

Pity you do not live closer to Oban You would be doing somersaults at 1.35 for diesel at Tesco Oban. One of the locals told me this was the price when i was talking to him on Sunday

10 hours ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Middle of nowhere??

Excuse me,  Creetown is fairly close to the centre of the Universe……and I can see it from my house!

You must live on the outskirts of Stranraer for you to see Creetown from your house?

On 26/04/2023 at 10:16, Todd_is_God said:

Well I said it would start falling off a cliff come April. The school I went to that means "starting from April."

We've not even had April's figures yet, never mind the subsequent months.

Nice of you to add an unprovoked massive L to your collection, though.

Down to 8.7%.  

What type of cliff is this?  

59 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Down to 8.7%.  

What type of cliff is this?  

1.4% drop between March and April is very much the type of drop that would be in line with "start to fall off a cliff"

Honestly do not understand what point you think you are making tbh.

Edited by Todd_is_God

28 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

1.4% drop between March and April is very much the type of drop that would be in line with "start to fall off a cliff"

Honestly do not understand what point you think you are making tbh.

It is nowhere near starting to fall off a cliff.

Yet another bollocks prediction.

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

It is nowhere near starting to fall off a cliff.

Yet another bollocks prediction.

What, in your mind, does "starting to fall off a cliff" look like?

You're coming across as utterly raging that something I said months ago would start happening from the end of April looks like it is indeed starting to happen. Why so bitter?

• 4 weeks later...

Inflation not coming down as expected (consensus was 8.4%) in UK but falling in most of Europe with the exception of the Netherlands.

image.thumb.png.c25b8c8d999d7b5ecf23b72b8ccc514f.png

Expect another interest rate rise tomorrow. Just a matter of will it be 0.25% or 0.5% I guess.

Hope no-one is needing to re-mortgage in the near future.

And @Weebully and @Todd_is_God can resume their wee tiff. So that'll be fun.

Edited by Suspect Device