Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

Apologies for lifting this from the other thread, but here is a perfect example of it-

f**k those starving kids! The problem with modern Britain is that we actually feed asylum seekers. What a fucking outrage! 

Bonus points for repeating the 'illegal migrants' myth.

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Apologies for lifting this from the other thread, but here is a perfect example of it-

f**k those starving kids! The problem with modern Britain is that we actually feed asylum seekers. What a fucking outrage! 

Bonus points for repeating the 'illegal migrants' myth.

Platell, of course, well versed in what the Tories are doing to the lower orders, as their former Head of Communications.

Presumably still getting backhanders for peddling this kind of distraction.

2 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

A nation radicalised by Loose Women and Benefits Street.

So we know where to avoid, where might one go in order to be radicalised by loose women?

I know I've been told before the reason for this was a private equity takeover, but Morrisons beer prices in particular have went nucking futs

Over the last weekend, tyskie went up from £1.50 a bottle to £2.25. Erdinger is now up from £2.25 to £2.75 (and was less than £2 a few months ago). Same with all other bottles of beer up 50p at least - it's not the euro, it's not beer duty, it's not minimum pricing...

53 minutes ago, orfc said:

I know I've been told before the reason for this was a private equity takeover, but Morrisons beer prices in particular have went nucking futs

Over the last weekend, tyskie went up from £1.50 a bottle to £2.25. Erdinger is now up from £2.25 to £2.75 (and was less than £2 a few months ago). Same with all other bottles of beer up 50p at least - it's not the euro, it's not beer duty, it's not minimum pricing...

Were you the guy I spoke to about exactly this in Falkirk Morrisons yesterday about 10am by any chance 😂

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Were you the guy I spoke to about exactly this in Falkirk Morrisons yesterday about 10am by any chance 😂

Nah, hunters tryst Edinburgh is my Morrisons, but I'm glad I'm not the only one to be outraged enough to vent!

1 minute ago, orfc said:

Nah, hunters tryst Edinburgh is my Morrisons, but I'm glad I'm not the only one to be outraged enough to vent!

Boy came round the corner and got right into the lad stacking the shelves.... Jovially, but he was well aware of the numbers like yourself. 😂 

8 hours ago, orfc said:

Furstenberg bottles in Morrisons were £1.75 until Easter, and thereafter £2.00. As of last week £2.25.

A near 30% increase in less than 4 months would confirm your theory of price gouging by the new administration.

• 2 months later...

And so it continues...just recieved the renewal quote for my car insurance. I have my young lad(22) as a named driver, he's now had his licence for over a year, and I've been driving since 1980 without a claim.

What justifies this?

Screenshot_20231019_115323_Outlook.jpg

4 hours ago, MacDuffman said:

My car/house insurance with Admiral went up by about 30%. I think there's been a huge increase this year all round.

I take it insurance companies have seen the energy companies etc coining it in, and have decided they want a piece of that.

Still can't think why it's justified.

15 hours ago, jakedee said:

And so it continues...just recieved the renewal quote for my car insurance. I have my young lad(22) as a named driver, he's now had his licence for over a year, and I've been driving since 1980 without a claim.

What justifies this?

I’d take that in a heart beat. My kid is 17, driving for a year, and the cost will be about £2,250 for them alone, add another £800 for me with a clean record.

It was £402.22 last year for Car & House Multi Policy.

They Quoted about £580 but when I called & said I was thinking of leaving they reduced it by about £80 to £500.27

Can't remember what each was.

I did have a bump just under 5 years ago so that's may increase the car a wee bit.

Should come off next year & hopefully also stop effecting my bike Insurance too.

On 19/10/2023 at 12:02, jakedee said:

What justifies this?

You have to pay it in order to run a car on the road, which you'll likely need to work and live. That's all the justification that's needed.

You could always swap to one of the hundreds of other insurers, created to give the illusion that they aren't operated by the same dozen or so firms. I'm sure they'll be slitting each others throats for your business, like they're supposed to  <_<

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Thank Christ for this.  It’s really worrying to think of the hardships these poor b*****ds have had to endure in recent times!

https://news.sky.com/story/cap-on-bankers-bonuses-to-be-abolished-next-week-12991620

They also ditched their policy to end no fault evictions today (England and Wales). Slash and burn in full flow.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

They also ditched their policy to end no fault evictions today (England and Wales). Slash and burn in full flow.

C'mon, that's not entirely fair. They ditched their no fault eviction policy until they've reformed the evil court system that has frustrated their attempts to restructure society. Vote Conservative for reform, UK!

What will that societal reform look like? Shh, stop asking difficult questions. You can trust us.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

C'mon, that's not entirely fair. They ditched their no fault eviction policy until they've reformed the evil court system that has frustrated their attempts to restructure society. Vote Conservative for reform, UK!

What will that societal reform look like? Shh, stop asking difficult questions. You can trust us.

Labour will get this all back on track 😅😅😅