Lowland league

Just seen the lowland league have let Celtic and rangers play their b teams in the league again after it only being for one season .

what a disgrace and another reason to stay in what I believe is the best non league competition in the country the wosfl league 

31 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Just seen the lowland league have let Celtic and rangers play their b teams in the league again after it only being for one season .

what a disgrace and another reason to stay in what I believe is the best non league competition in the country the wosfl league 

Exactly what’s the point in going up when you see the way it’s ran

surely this nonsense has to stop and let all the spl clubs play in it if thats what they want to do , but lets have the top 4 in the highland league ,lowland league , eos league , wosfl and the south and have a conference much like they do have in england and let clubs progress that way and this would help everyone 

29 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Whats 2 stop hearts, hibs aberdeen 20s all wanting in now? 

Mon the papers

Same thing that prevented the WoS running as four conferences initially. The SFA refusing to do the player discipline procedures if they expand past 18 in numbers terms. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Shambles.

As a fan of "the juniors" I was excited by the prospect of the introduction of a pyramid system, however the format of the leagues and the inclusion of the ugly sisters B teams in the Lowland has been a huge let down. Did the Lowland League teams get a vote on this? Does anyone want them there?

Shambles.
As a fan of "the juniors" I was excited by the prospect of the introduction of a pyramid system, however the format of the leagues and the inclusion of the ugly sisters B teams in the Lowland has been a huge let down. Did the Lowland League teams get a vote on this? Does anyone want them there?

Vote went 11-4. Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg & East Stirling are known thus far to have voted against. East Stirling vote changed from last season. Unknown so far which club abstained my guess is Vale Of Leithen if they are accepting they are now confined to relegation.

14 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Vote went 11-4. Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg & East Stirling are known thus far to have voted against. East Stirling vote changed from last season. Unknown so far which club abstained my guess is Vale Of Leithen if they are accepting they are now confined to relegation.

Berwick Rangers abstained.

15 minutes ago, _FFC1876 said:

This is the problem. The majority of LL clubs voted for another season of the B teams, the same clubs who voted against increased promotion and relegation to and from the LL.

They will be well aware that there are a fair number of WOSFL clubs that would give them a run for their money, which explains the vote against opening up the promotion and relegation spots. However I am surprised they would want anything to do with the B teams. Money talks, I guess.

What I would say is that the best thing the WoS (and EoS) clubs can do is get promoted and send these joke clubs back down the divisions where they belong. It's no surprise that the clubs voting against this are the ones who weren't Lowland League founder members but rather came up from the East of Scotland league or down from the SPFL.

Over the next couple of years the likes of your Broomhill, Caledonian Braves and Stirling Uni will start to be flushed out, and then hopefully there will be the numbers to increase promotion/relegation and hopefully also to punt the colt teams into oblivion.

Edited by craigkillie

The money the ugly sisters are putting forward must be mouth watering. I can’t speak for the East but Pollok, Talbot, Clydebank, Meadow and Hurlford near the top of the table all have brilliant travelling supports. Are the B teams games having bigger crowds than the WoSFL? I doubt it. 

29 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

The money the ugly sisters are putting forward must be mouth watering. I can’t speak for the East but Pollok, Talbot, Clydebank, Meadow and Hurlford near the top of the table all have brilliant travelling supports. Are the B teams games having bigger crowds than the WoSFL? I doubt it. 

The entrance fee for this season was £25k each. Rangers 'B' at Ibrox got 9,000 for the OFB derby at £10 for adults. Celtic likely to do something similar. They've also averaged over 200 at 'home games'. Plus they have been able to increase sponsorship income. They've more than covered the cost even with having to rent out grounds.

Attendances when away have been higher than average. Not always the highest. A Bonnyrigg Rose fan asked for a comparison from the headcounts that have been kept since they're the best supported real club in the League.

image.png.59b2c5c19644a85b9862ac8495f2ae2a.png

Outside of that Bo'ness United's highest attendance of the season so far was 507 on a Friday Night against Civil Service Strollers on a groundhop weekend. If the OF teams were replaced with more deserving teams, the highs might not be so high but the difference would be negligible. Of course it's the fact that the OF offer a payday and no risk to the status quo on the field which makes them so attractive to the 11 clubs that want them in.

When did Hurlford start bringing a brilliant support?
Kilbirnie Ladeside have a better away support than them and Medda imo! [emoji848]

I've been to Celtic and Rangers B team games a couple of times this season and the crowds have been good by LL standards but would be nothing special for the WOS league. 99% of Old Firm fans don't really give a shit about the teams unless they're playing each other. 

Is there a less enticing promotion in football than the one to the LL? it's just such a shit product that teams will be terrified to become trapped in for more than a season or 2. 

When did Hurlford start bringing a brilliant support?
Kilbirnie Ladeside have a better away support than them and Medda imo! [emoji848]
Yes Kilbirnie have a good away support. However they are very much not near the the top of the league