Rovers v Morton

While it would take an extremely unlikely set of results to relegate us from this position, I'd really just like to get the win that essentially guarantees safety from here rather than going into the last few games still needing a result. A relatively meaningless end to the season fighting over 5th-7th sounds delightful after last season.

Win while Ayr and Dunfermline lose and there's no way we're going down even though it won't quite be mathematically confirmed, which would also give us a serious shout of finishing ahead of Raith; lose while they both take something and we've suddenly got a bit of a pressure on us to get a result over the last three games when we'd only have one win in seven.

We really  need a win or two to be absolutely safe imo. Especially after dunfermline winning last night. We've drawn too many games recently and hopefully  this doesn't cost us in the long run. Last time out against  Raith we should have won. Hopefully  we take the killie performance and do enough to get the win.

Hamilton

Brandon

mcentee

lithgow

McLean 

Strapp

Wilson

Blues

Muirhead

Ugwu

Reilly 

Only a flum (£5 in Fife speak) to be present at this festival of miserablism.

Roll up! Roll up! Can Rovers get a home win in 2022 at the 8th attempt? 3 defeats and 4 draws but every loser wins at some stage.

Seeing Grant Murray at the weekend put me in mind of these god awful league seasons with him in charge, where we look like challenging, then collapse, while doing pretty well in cup competitions.

I suppose the rot has to stop some time. 

Rovers 2 v 1 Morton.

Draw or a goal either way. If either team is to win then our record at Starks does not tell me it will be Morton but maybe the Imrie effect will see us pick up a rare result.

Looking forward to watching us try to play it out from the back with our centre halves each trying to get at least 3 touches before making a sidewards pass while Gozie races towards them. We can get away with it because Berra, Lang and Musonda all have the ability to operate as ball playing centre backs (less so in Berra's case, but he worked because you'll struggle to find a player who can match his experience). McKay and Benedictus don't have that.

27 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Looking forward to watching us try to play it out from the back with our centre halves each trying to get at least 3 touches before making a sidewards pass while Gozie races towards them. At the start of the season, we could get away with it because Berra, Lang and Musonda all have the ability to operate as ball playing centre backs (less so in Berra's case, but he worked because you'll struggle to find a player who can match his experience). McKay and Benedictus don't have that.

Eh?  Musonda was injured and didn't start a game till November, and it took till the end of October for Lang to get a run starting games.

It worked earlier because the midfield (Spencer) wouldn't let the defenders just pass it about between themselves and would come and take it off them.  Neither Matthews or Stanton has been able to do that as well as Spencer did so we end up letting whoever is in defence pass it between themselves till they either mess up or thump it long to nobody.

Eh?  Musonda was injured and didn't start a game till November, and it took till the end of October for Lang to get a run starting games.
It worked earlier because the midfield (Spencer) wouldn't let the defenders just pass it about between themselves and would come and take it off them.  Neither Matthews or Stanton has been able to do that as well as Spencer did so we end up letting whoever is in defence pass it between themselves till they either mess up or thump it long to nobody.
Aye, tbf I'm talking shite. I'll go back and edit it.

1 hour ago, SanStarko said:

Tait was also a big part of the way we played back then. With him and Spencer in there we could break through the press and then we were in business. 

If I was manager I would be in contact with Hibs this summer to see if he's likely to be available on loan for next season. 

I was half expecting a few pages now. A single page of a thread. Just shows how much interest is in this game after Wednesdays no show. I’m totally expecting the same today. I cannot wait for this disaster of a league season to end. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

6 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I was half expecting a few pages now. A single page of a thread. Just shows how much interest is in this game after Wednesdays no show. I’m totally expecting the same today. I cannot wait for this disaster of a league season to end. 

I can't wait for your disaster of a league season to end.

As bad as things have been we're still capable of beating Morton with our depleted team. On last night's evidence Partick are no better than us either. The odds are against us but it's far from a lost cause. A win today and the outlook brightens.