Queen of the South vs Ayr United

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Away terracing will need to open today going by projected attendance, pre sale tickets in Ayr club shop was way above projected figure 

Police and stewards will be bricking it, Queens early week projection was only 500

How many queens fans you predicting
Less than 1000, that's for sure [emoji38]

I'm not sure what the feeling among QoS fans is in general but for me I'm not nervous at all today. I'm resigned to relegation and it'll either be today or Friday. If we avoid it it'll be both incredible and absolutely hilarious. I don't think there is any pressure on our players today as a result. I hope they're as relaxed but obviously possess the belief I lack. It's all on Ayr today. Regardless of the record down here and the fact McCall will probably bend over for you next week, this is the game they really need to win to avoid 9th. With any luck their players feel the pressure and ours can take it to the final day; something I'd have bitten your hand off for weeks ago.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Less than 1000, that's for sure emoji38.png

I'm not sure what the feeling among QoS fans is in general but for me I'm not nervous at all today. I'm resigned to relegation and it'll either be today or Friday. If we avoid it it'll be both incredible and absolutely hilarious. I don't think there is any pressure on our players today as a result. I hope they're as relaxed but obviously possess the belief I lack. It's all on Ayr today. Regardless of the record down here and the fact McCall will probably bend over for you next week, this is the game they really need to win to avoid 9th. With any luck their players feel the pressure and ours can take it to the final day; something I'd have bitten your hand off for weeks ago.

Pretty much this.

I'm more excited about this than nervous.  I still think we're heading down, but it would be great if we could take it to the last day.

With this team, you just don't know what you'll get. 

If we deliver one of our dreadful performances - of which there have been several - we're obviously doomed.

If we deliver a good one, we might still be doomed if we keep missing chances and are careless at the back. 

If there is a decent crowd and atmosphere, who knows how this lot will react?  

21 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Mon Queen of the South.

Home win today takes pressure of us a *little* and might mean we get more money from a larger away crowd on Friday night.

If you were to lose today, would it not be a case of being careful what you wish for?

A win for us today would then introduce the possibility of a straight relegation.  I don't actually think any of the elements will necessarily happen, never mind all of them.

It's just that an Ayr defeat today could open up a whole new realm of jeopardy unless you get something from Partick Thistle.

Guest Flash
3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Police and stewards will be bricking it, Queens early week projection was only 500

I don’t think home clubs generally make their own predictions about how many fans to expect. They usually ask the away club. The fact that they sent tickets for Ayr to sell indicates the two clubs must have had discussions.
In any case, they said in excess of 500.
Fully expecting relegation to be confirmed today. If Thistle win today I think Ayr will finish 8th because Thistle will more than likely have the cigars out next week. If Dunfermline win today, Ayr will finish 9th, possibly on H2H*.

*Edited because if Thistle lose today, Ayr’s game could be more difficult next week.

Edited by Flash

Mon Queen of the South.
Home win today takes pressure of us a *little* and might mean we get more money from a larger away crowd on Friday night.
If you were to lose today, would it not be a case of being careful what you wish for?
A win for us today would then introduce the possibility of a straight relegation.  I don't actually think any of the elements will necessarily happen, never mind all of them.
It's just that an Ayr defeat today could open up a whole new realm of jeopardy unless you get something from Partick Thistle.
Indeed. If Raith lose and ICT win today McCall will absolutely throw the game against Ayr next week.

Guest Flash
2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Indeed. If Raith lose and ICT win today McCall will absolutely throw the game against Ayr next week.

I don’t think the ICT result will affect anything. Even if Thistle have a chance of 3rd, they’ll be resting players. Playing the second leg at home gives a slight advantage but having players rested and avoiding injury is more important.