St Mirren v Hibs 23/04/22

9 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Will Hibs have a new manager type bounce and if so, can we get some?

No new manager until next year, apparently. It's David Gray as caretaker until the summer. Maloneyball didn't give us any kind of a bounce either.

In other news, after selling me tickets to the away end, the St Mirren ticket site emailed me to confirm along with "We cant wait to see you back in the stadium, supporting the Saints, back where you belong." and "#InYouWeTrust"

Now don't get me wrong, I quite like the Saints - it's where we get a most of our players and a lot of our staff, after all, and the team has had a couple of Hearts-related banter moments in it's time, but claiming the opposing teams fans as your own when the opposing team is actually on the pitch playing against St Mirren does seem just a bit presumptuous.

Edited by Aim Here

David Gray has already managed a match against us in Paisley this season of course, he was caretaker between Ross and Maloney the last time you visited. That was a dull 1-1 draw. I'd take that again to be honest, at least it would mean St Johnstone couldn't over take us in Perth.
Three games between us and Hibs this season, two draws and a Saints win. Can we be your bogey team or something? Trying to cling to anything to stop this  run of losing every game against teams that aren't bottom that Robinson's arrival has brought upon us.  Remarkably we have conceded 14 goals in our last four games, so it's hard expect anything that isn't more comedy defending and yet another defeat. 
1-3

Sure this will make it the third time in a row we’ve binned a manager and played St Mirren in the next game.

Can pretty much guarantee Gray will get rid of the playing out from the back nonsense. We don’t have the personnel for it. Hopefully he goes 4-4-fackin-2 into the bargain. 

With 14 goals conceded in our last 4 games, i really hope we've been working on our defence in training. 

Robinson has now had another 2 weeks on the training ground with the squad, so no more excuses please. 

As others have said, I'd probably take the draw and hopefully a cohesive performance. 

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Probably will be the first game in years that I won’t bother to watch, attend or even think about on Saturday.

Apathy towards the club simply growing and growing.

Won’t be back at an away game this season myself. Can’t be arsed anymore with this season. 

20 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Won’t be back at an away game this season myself. Can’t be arsed anymore with this season. 

It’s nothing to do with this season or performance. 

Under Butcher, Fenlon, whoever I was never this apathetic towards the club, we were shite but they were our shite.

With our ownership and the clubs actions there is very little about the people employed at the club that resonate with me.

With the exception of the likes of Gray, Stevenson, McGregor etc I’m ambivalent at best to everyone at the club and that goes for the board, the players, the staff etc.

It doesn’t feel like Hibs anymore.

2 hours ago, AndyM said:

Do we really have to do this?

I agree. Not looking forward to it one bit. We see this movie every season.  Is your team in the doldrums? Manager pumped? Apathy amongst your fans? Discontent towards your owners and directors? Gubbed by your bitter rivals? Fcuk-all left to play for?…. Relax! You’ve got St Mirren next.

Edited by pozbaird

5 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s nothing to do with this season or performance. 

Under Butcher, Fenlon, whoever I was never this apathetic towards the club, we were shite but they were our shite.

With our ownership and the clubs actions there is very little about the people employed at the club that resonate with me.

With the exception of the likes of Gray, Stevenson, McGregor etc I’m ambivalent at best to everyone at the club and that goes for the board, the players, the staff etc.

It doesn’t feel like Hibs anymore.

Can't agree, I'm afraid. We've only been shite for a short period, this time round. The worst era by far spanned a much longer period - from the end of the 'Golden Era' to the beginning of the Stubbs era. Fecking years of misery 

1 hour ago, The Other Foot said:

Can't agree, I'm afraid. We've only been shite for a short period, this time round. The worst era by far spanned a much longer period - from the end of the 'Golden Era' to the beginning of the Stubbs era. Fecking years of misery 

It must have been bad if Stubbs led to an improvement.

1 hour ago, The Other Foot said:

It’s nothing to do with performances, it’s the shift in attitude coming out the club.

I was there for the era you mentioned and it never felt as hollow as this.

I have serious doubts about the motives of the owners of the club and the way they conduct themselves seems to go completely against the values that I have and the values that the club used to have which is making me struggle to resonate with them.