Darvel FC Thread

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

As long as they keep the licence with all the work that is required to be done each year for that.

Couple of genuine questions

Has there ever been a case of a club losing their licence

After the intial assessment and granting of licence what further checks are carried out to make sure the criteria is being upheld

On 04/11/2023 at 12:39, Pyramid Watcher said:

You can’t get blood from a stone, and it could take them months to get any satisfaction from the SFA. 

100% agree with you pyramid but it can also be done quickly, if team not fulfilling contract then contract can also be ripped up and player leaves for another team.  Players can then take it further with team if he so wishes but main point is that he finds a team straight away 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

On 04/11/2023 at 22:29, jimbaxters said:

Throwing silly money at League 1 level players to drop three tiers is a complete folly and anyone who thinks "our level can cope with it" is a complete fool.

Also, how many failures like the current Darvel debacle will it take to dispel this myth that "other clubs are jealous"?

Well it worked for Hurlford and they did it way back in 99 season, throwing money and they haven't really been a failure but they have learned and after paying silly money seasons here and there over past 20 years, they have learned and settled down to compete and be viewed as a WOSFL premier league team  and sorry if its came across wrong or others have deliberately misrepresented me, jealousy is meant from individuals, regarding fans, followers or club member.   I personally couldn't give a toss if one team spends astronomical money on players because as a player, you want to play against teams like this, gives you a lift and a buzz to play better and win against them.

Regarding your comment of a fool i have to say I'm not surprised by you.  When I posted 'our level can cope' means that they will all survive, why, because teams have always paid big money now and then but many teams haven't followed suit and those teams who have failed, have usually have went to the level that they should be at but the definition of failure is viewed differently by many.
Many supporters of other teams, followers etc...  see Darvel as a team who have failed.  To me, if you said 10 years ago, 'you know that Darvel, (a wee local Ayrshire football club with crowd of 30 to 50 a game),  are going to win the premier WOSFL league and create one of or the biggest cup upset in Scottish football,'  then I would have said to that person that your are full of shit and this wont happen in my lifetime but it has, so to me, their little adventure has been a success and we know it would never last  but too many other clubs its been a failure.   Johnstone burgh have spent big this season but they have been going since 1956 and have they ever spend big before? I'm unsure, so i don't begrudge them trying to do so in their lifespan. Darvel been going to 1889 and i don't remember them ever spending big with money until Gall came in and again, I don't see a problem.

Out of interest, for example, is or has Gall been a supporter of Darvel for a long time and is this the reason why he has put money into Darvel?
and taking it further, most people on here are supporters of a team and into football and if each of you came into money, as in lottery win etc... millions , would you put money into your club, would you put funny money into your club to win leagues, cups and progress?.   I believe true supporters would and without doubt this will happen in the future so there wont only be teams like Darvel, Jonstone Burgh -(whose only thought is to get promotion to the premier league, anything else is a bonus) and Gartcairn - (whose only thought is not to be relegated from premier league and anything else is a bonus).

No matter what, every team has a X amount of money to spend per season and yes every team is different from each other money wise, either with more money from sponsors, or bigger fan base etc... but no matter, the team has to be run in a way that is well thought out and organized and make sure they don't spend beyond their means or run in a way that they forecast the worst possibility of a bad season and they still have sufficient money to help cover

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

5 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

After the intial assessment and granting of licence what further checks are carried out to make sure the criteria is being upheld

I don't know the answer to the first question.

The Scottish FA Licensing Department carries out a thorough audit of each club every year to make sure that the club is still compliant with all the clauses and sub clauses. That means that training certificates, safety certificates, local authority capacity figures, PVG/Disclosure, managerial qualifications, coaching staff contracts, approved accounting information, and much much more, all need to be constantly updated, recorded and evidenced.

It couldn't be further from the truth that a club just needs to get a compliant stadium then forget about it all and look forward to the Scottish Cup each year.

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Many supporters of other teams, followers etc...  see Darvel as a team who have failed.  To me, if you said 10 years ago, 'you know that Darvel, (a wee local Ayrshire football club with crowd of 30 to 50 a game),  are going to win the premier WOSFL league and created one of or the biggest cup upset in Scottish football,'  

There was definitely an element of 'know your place' associated with the reaction to Darvel's spending.  Had this been one of the established premier league teams who had come into money and spent hugely there would still have been the catcalling but probably not the outrage and frothing at the mouth that we've seen over the past 3 years.  

10 minutes ago, energyzone said:

There was definitely an element of 'know your place' associated with the reaction to Darvel's spending.  Had this been one of the established premier league teams who had come into money and spent hugely there would still have been the catcalling but probably not the outrage and frothing at the mouth that we've seen over the past 3 years.  

Not sure I agree with this. Most of the reaction on here was due to the actions of Gall and to a lesser extent Mick Kennedy. I also didn't see a lot of frothing at the mouth, more warnings that it would all collapse eventually which has been proven correct

5 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Don't know (apart from the likes of Selkirk and Syngenta who ceased to exist). But on the licensing awards pdf you can see clubs next licensing committee review date being a few months in advance rather than the next year, suggesting they have some things to work on before being given the okay for this year.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/10987/270923-club-licensing-awards.pdf

Edited by Ginaro

33 minutes ago, energyzone said:

100% agree but this has all been brought on by Gall himself so he has to deal with it

If prominent figures in the team, management, and in ownership had kept their head down and let results speak for themselves then they would have been respected for being a good side long after the success had dried up. The club was very obviously only ever a vehicle for the burgeoning egos of a group of absolute wanks. Not sure what there was to be jealous of or why their cheerleaders would feel they've been hard done by at not being liked. 

Still, there's a good cautionary tale in there somewhere about the various perils of acting the absolute c**t for the next non-league big shot to completely ignore.

5 hours ago, glensmad said:

I don't know the answer to the first question.

The Scottish FA Licensing Department carries out a thorough audit of each club every year to make sure that the club is still compliant with all the clauses and sub clauses. That means that training certificates, safety certificates, local authority capacity figures, PVG/Disclosure, managerial qualifications, coaching staff contracts, approved accounting information, and much much more, all need to be constantly updated, recorded and evidenced.

It couldn't be further from the truth that a club just needs to get a compliant stadium then forget about it all and look forward to the Scottish Cup each year.

Fair enough and I know how much work Meadow do to keep our certificate each year but Fort William for example I do have doubts that they are ticking all the boxes every year and also that they would get checked in on very regularly due to their more remote location.

Edited by Shannon

On 03/11/2023 at 19:58, fieldsofdreams said:

More drug dealer boards appearing round recreation park.  Trinity Park occupying a good of advertising space.  Genuinely a club with no shame at the moment.  

I would tread very carefully and perhaps stick to taking photographs?..

2 hours ago, Easyas123 said:

I would tread very carefully and perhaps stick to taking photographs?..

Treading careful? I would happily take photos if I wasn't a technophobe, likewise any other role for my club if asked. I will stick to my season book and the odd bit of fundraising where I can while encouraging my team and club which is managed properly. 

Other than that, you missed the point caller. 

16 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Treading careful? I would happily take photos if I wasn't a technophobe, likewise any other role for my club if asked. I will stick to my season book and the odd bit of fundraising where I can while encouraging my team and club which is managed properly. 

Other than that, you missed the point caller. 

In regards to your slander of the business you mentioned. 

Say what you like.. but someone has pointed out to me who you are.. I’ll leave it at that for now. 

15 minutes ago, Easyas123 said:

In regards to your slander of the business you mentioned. 

Say what you like.. but someone has pointed out to me who you are.. I’ll leave it at that for now. 

Slander...Darvel can chose their sponsors that they feel best suits their clubs values. 

We'll get them to adjust their specks then. Neither of the media team get involved in club or football politics, you see that on the Beechwood page. I have been involved in junior football a lot longer than you have been alive. I have seen it all before. Darvel have never been nor ever will be a big club no matter the money that has been thrown around. Bigger clubs than you in the past with good fan bases have tried it and it has never worked. Medda, KR, Bens have all tried it, it doesn't work. 

Try talking about something you have knowledge about other than jumping on board and in a couple of years you know everything about Junior football or Tier 6 as it is now, the problem with the ones that jumped on the bandwagon is they no nothing about this level of football or how to conduct themselves. Darvel were always a lower level side run by honest people with the club at their heart. Having been at most grounds over the past 30/40 years, Darvel had always been a pleasant club to visit, yes facilities were not as they are now however it was true fans.

I can't fault team wanting to progress as a club however there are ways to go about it. And a level of respect members of the club should adhere to. 

Over the past 3-4 seasons there is a nastiness about Darvel which is sad. It was never there before however there now hence the zero sympathy the club gets. I even go as far back to the treatment of a local man to me that I know well, Paddy Clelland, totally shafted. 

6 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Slander...Darvel can chose their sponsors that they feel best suits their clubs values. 

We'll get them to adjust their specks then. Neither of the media team get involved in club or football politics, you see that on the Beechwood page. I have been involved in junior football a lot longer than you have been alive. I have seen it all before. Darvel have never been nor ever will be a big club no matter the money that has been thrown around. Bigger clubs than you in the past with good fan bases have tried it and it has never worked. Medda, KR, Bens have all tried it, it doesn't work. 

Try talking about something you have knowledge about other than jumping on board and in a couple of years you know everything about Junior football or Tier 6 as it is now, the problem with the ones that jumped on the bandwagon is they no nothing about this level of football or how to conduct themselves. Darvel were always a lower level side run by honest people with the club at their heart. Having been at most grounds over the past 30/40 years, Darvel had always been a pleasant club to visit, yes facilities were not as they are now however it was true fans.

I can't fault team wanting to progress as a club however there are ways to go about it. And a level of respect members of the club should adhere to. 

Over the past 3-4 seasons there is a nastiness about Darvel which is sad. It was never there before however there now hence the zero sympathy the club gets. I even go as far back to the treatment of a local man to me that I know well, Paddy Clelland, totally shafted. 

What a lot of nonsense you have just spouted!! My point was you slandering a local business who put a lot of money into football in the area including youth clubs and not to forget charities. If you have issues with the company take it up with them direct not on an anonymous forum. 

as for paddy yes agreed a great guy, but he was hardly shafted. 

for a club you dislike so much you spend a lot of time and effort with your long messages on their forum, majority of which couldn’t be further from the truth. 

enjoy your day 📸

13 minutes ago, Easyas123 said:

What a lot of nonsense you have just spouted!! My point was you slandering a local business who put a lot of money into football in the area including youth clubs and not to forget charities. If you have issues with the company take it up with them direct not on an anonymous forum. 

as for paddy yes agreed a great guy, but he was hardly shafted. 

for a club you dislike so much you spend a lot of time and effort with your long messages on their forum, majority of which couldn’t be further from the truth. 

enjoy your day 📸

Not sure what I have said that hasn't came true. When you have been involved in this level as long as I have you have contacts everywhere. 

I have always said I had no issue with Darvel, it has been the action of certain individuals that have brought the club down. I believe Darvel have a lot of good people involved you just need to rid it of the ugliness. 

Said months ago about the money issue.  Truth. 

Said before common knowledge of players leaving, ironically not the ones coming to Talbot as I had been on holiday when that was happening.  Truth. 

The requirement for 20s to play up. Truth

The cutting of wages. Truth. 

Players about to depart. Truth. 

I was never fortunate of good enough for that matter to play for Talbot, however I played long enough at various Junior sides to know people no matter what ground I go to, I am well informed and don't post anything I don't think is incorrect. 

I have also never slated MK as as far as I am concerned he was good for the club, yes I think a bit over the top but on the whole conducted himself well, plenty of rumours circulating about MK however unless I am told from a reliable source I wouldn't comment on them. I have never commented on money he put into the club for the simple fact I can't confirm it. Tony on the other hand I have had many an argument with over the years and certainly wouldn't want him involved in my club. 

Have a good day

44 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Not sure what I have said that hasn't came true. When you have been involved in this level as long as I have you have contacts everywhere. 

I have always said I had no issue with Darvel, it has been the action of certain individuals that have brought the club down. I believe Darvel have a lot of good people involved you just need to rid it of the ugliness. 

Said months ago about the money issue.  Truth. 

Said before common knowledge of players leaving, ironically not the ones coming to Talbot as I had been on holiday when that was happening.  Truth. 

The requirement for 20s to play up. Truth

The cutting of wages. Truth. 

Players about to depart. Truth. 

I was never fortunate of good enough for that matter to play for Talbot, however I played long enough at various Junior sides to know people no matter what ground I go to, I am well informed and don't post anything I don't think is incorrect. 

I have also never slated MK as as far as I am concerned he was good for the club, yes I think a bit over the top but on the whole conducted himself well, plenty of rumours circulating about MK however unless I am told from a reliable source I wouldn't comment on them. I have never commented on money he put into the club for the simple fact I can't confirm it. Tony on the other hand I have had many an argument with over the years and certainly wouldn't want him involved in my club. 

Have a good day

I think he was referring to your accusation about trinity park ?