Darvel FC Thread

Conspiracy 101 - spout believable nonsense based of factual events.

rhubarb 101 - my tin foil hat doesn’t fit me anymore with all these rumours, payslips I need to keep track of, dealing with every clubs accountants to make sure I know everything about every club. Needing to make time for lunch to eat my sour grapes.

3 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

My point with Cumnock is that their buisness model works due to charity stream funding, most of which relies on the playing surface being astro as a multi use area. Cumnock Enterprise and Cumnock Juniors are two separate organizations with the council owning the park. If it is that sort of community set up then I wouldn't be for it, I am 100% a grass pitch person and hate 3g surfaces, I would hate recreation park to become an astro. The pitch has had considerable money spent on it and although we may not have the same budget to spend on it, the foundations are certainly there to keep it in good condition. Other clubs that are technically community clubs are the likes of Auchinleck, they don't have an owner, the don't have a sugar daddy, all the fans contribute via the likes of 100 club, raffles, lottery etc...sponsors are all smaller companies that pay a bit however they have plenty of sponsors rather than one or two big ones. I personally would rather this than the Cumnock model. Clydebank are another example. 

Clydebank are 'another example' of which model?

1 hour ago, GIRUU said:

I’ve got to agree with clubfan, it must be murder in your wee bubble of rantees with who gets the sour grapes each day. 

I don’t mind JG one way or another, he hasn’t done anything good or bad to me so I’ve no axe to grind there, but the statement read to me as “things are fine get behind the team, I’m a bit busy now but I’m coming to games”. Nothing more nothing less. And your comment below leaves a chill down my spine.

It will be the auld guard we will need to rely on to save us 

why are we short of money for players and had to sell them?

Did we have to sell them? If you can let me know the bank balance at that time I’ll believe you. Not seen anything from the players before or after mcshane left saying they haven’t been paid. But if you can let me know the budgets of other teams and what the last payslips said of our players, well you’re a better man than me. Or should I say a bitter man than me. 🤡 

Still not answered who paid for players?

There was a statement put out months ago about financial difficulties so you are happy to believe everything on one statement but ignore another. If we were financially self -sufficient and JG as he says wasn't funding players or their wages what did the committee do with the money that we generated that allowed us to be self-sufficient? Self-sufficient means we shouldn't have cash flow issues.

Please feel free to actually answer questions than protecting your leader JG. 

12 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Fan owned/funded club. 

And that's a bad thing ? We have a growing number of ( mainly small ) sponsors and a large fan base including a large % that pay a monthly contribution to the club.

We pay to play at Holm Park and have made sigificant financial contributions to improvements at the ground plus resourcing to assist in its running and administration. 

Still we get a running commentary of snide and invective from a small number of folk on here and elsewhere. Yes it's never been a secret that we want to play at a higher level and we're working hard to that effect. I personally quite like JG. He's put his money where his mouth is and not only into the team - but also the infrastructure at Recreation Park. What he has done is make things significantly more difficult financially. Darvel upped the ante to an extent that we could never hope to match. Other clubs - as you've pointed out - have followed suit and we are one of those to the limited extent we are able. We are not in the top half dozen budgets in the league but we have a fantastic management team and a Board who are working their arses off to back him. 

We know where we came from. We know why we ended up where we did. As enjoyable as the last 20 years have been - it's by looking up that we can keep going. It needs to be sustainable and it is. However by standing still ... you atrophise ... so trying to develop and improve is the only real way to survive. There's no guarantee of anything at all but being a community club is what we're all about and at least you don't put your future into anyone else's hands

4 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

And that's a bad thing ? We have a growing number of ( mainly small ) sponsors and a large fan base including a large % that pay a monthly contribution to the club.

We pay to play at Holm Park and have made sigificant financial contributions to improvements at the ground plus resourcing to assist in its running and administration. 

Still we get a running commentary of snide and invective from a small number of folk on here and elsewhere. Yes it's never been a secret that we want to play at a higher level and we're working hard to that effect. I personally quite like JG. He's put his money where his mouth is and not only into the team - but also the infrastructure at Recreation Park. What he has done is make things significantly more difficult financially. Darvel upped the ante to an extent that we could never hope to match. Other clubs - as you've pointed out - have followed suit and we are one of those to the limited extent we are able. We are not in the top half dozen budgets in the league but we have a fantastic management team and a Board who are working their arses off to back him. 

We know where we came from. We know why we ended up where we did. As enjoyable as the last 20 years have been - it's by looking up that we can keep going. It needs to be sustainable and it is. However by standing still ... you atrophise ... so trying to develop and improve is the only real way to survive. There's no guarantee of anything at all but being a community club is what we're all about and at least you don't put your future into anyone else's hands

I never in this post meant it was a bad thing, I was referring to Darvel being more run like Talbot/Clydebank model where they aren't relying on a sugar daddy that ultimately gets bored. 

Although I don't have much time for Clydebank due to their superiority complex of the board of directors, I do however think the structure similar to Talbot is one we should adopt. 

23 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I never in this post meant it was a bad thing, I was referring to Darvel being more run like Talbot/Clydebank model where they aren't relying on a sugar daddy that ultimately gets bored. 

Although I don't have much time for Clydebank due to their superiority complex of the board of directors, I do however think the structure similar to Talbot is one we should adopt. 

I'm one of those directors and I do manage to go through life without a superiority complex despite one probably being justified. 

27 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I'm one of those directors and I do manage to go through life without a superiority complex despite one probably being justified. 

Lol, that's one of the best replies I've read on here for a while. 🤣

Yep can’t compete with that, well done sir. 👏 👏 

I'm still reeling over you saying our leader JG. if we support Darvel we are hangers on, if we support the old committee, then we are the good guys. What if we just support Darvel?

If the club pay the bills it’s self sufficient, and the bills are getting paid as far as I know. No players out on strike and still got leccy and water. And I enjoyed a wee malt last weekend from the well stocked bar.

Now you’ve upset another team who have done nothing wrong. Think you have the complex issues no one else.

ps I am not a Clydebank puppet before you start that 💩 but I do have to doff my  🧢 to the man!

10 hours ago, ClubFan87 said:

Nobody is hanging on to his coat tails, if it was not for JG Darvel would be nowhere that’s a fact. Loitering about the bottom divisions and that’s another fact. Considerable personal investment after investment which he did not need to do. Your and others are quick to slate him, put your money where your mouth is, but you won’t. You’re happy to come on here and spout nonsense after nonsense. Have you ever thought that after 8 years of personal investment, maybe enough money was spent, I would imagine as successful as JG as a businessman he is not an endless pot of money maybe enough was enough? Or maybe if you read the statement the club put out, maybe it’s nothing to do with money. But again that doesn’t fit your narrative. 

the past people involved are now better off being forgotten about due to the way they have acted since they got their marching orders. Dummies out the pram, caused nothing but harm to the club you all profess to love. I’ve said it many times on here, the club is a better place without Wylie, yourself and your wee group of idiots who only saw pound signs and got found out. 

Regarding the names you’ve said when the club was on its knees, not everyone has been a supporter as a boy or been there since the start or been there when times were tough but People come and go that’s allowed to happen, the main thing is since they have been there, they have stood up and worked hard for the club and done more for the club than you ever will. Don’t be bitter because you are not involved because that’s exactly what you are. If you’re going to name them why not name JG and say where was he when the club was on its knees? Oh wait he took over and brought the above named people in with him. Again doesn’t fit your narrative. 

Sporting director is not effectively club secretary, as there is a club secretary. You’d know that because you know all the ins and outs don’t you? 

Well said my man. Certainly hit the nail on the head with ex committee men. Liked telling the Pieman how to spend his money but took the huff when he decided different. Doubt any of them lifted a hand at any work that was  needed done yet there puppet on here asking what guys who actually contribute to the maintenance of the pitch etc bring to the club.We all know who Rhubarbs puppet masters are and he's silly enough to be the fall guy for them. I take it there will be a mad rush of sponsors and others volunteering there services now the Pieman is away. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting 

11 hours ago, ClubFan87 said:

Yes talbot threw it away, it was their league to win but guess what that happens in football. We will use the old firm as an example, how many times have rangers or Celtic threw the league away when it was theirs to win? That doesn’t make the team that won the league think it counts any less as the other team threw it away.  It doesn’t make the league win any less because talbot threw it away. Darvel still had to win their games regardless of what Talbot done you are a clown 😂. The run in to win the league was very impressive considering the amount of games that had to be played over a short period of time. Just look at Talbot last season, they had a build up, not quite as bad as Darvels 21/22 season, and they were bitching and moaning about playing to many games. 

If it was only infrastructure who do you think paid the wages numpty? 

Again you will find all of the out at the AGM in the summer. 

Now they don’t matter as they have caused nothing but harm to the club since they got their marching orders and that’s a fact, you only need to look on here to see that. All the current committee were here before the Aberdeen game and were not just here for the glory of that. There was no sign of glory when they came, it was a long way away. 

Past committee members were found out for only being interested in the coin being spent and yous got found out then dismissed, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

As well as knowing the ins and outs of Darvel finances, you now know what all the other clubs were paying/ spending on players the season after Covid. I’m surprised you have enough time in your day to write on here or do anything else for that matter with amount of clubs you are heavily involved in. You know zero facts and each post you put on here shows that it just malicious rumours you try to spread.  

The reason why we were complaining about matches was the fact we were made sit on our arses when teams who were miles ahead of us in games were given a league match. The association made a total mess of our season. 

8 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Nicky lowe 500 quid a week though surely even that dwarves darvel? 

33 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

It’s Nicky Low, and your estimation of £500 is way too low. I take it that you are the Clydebank treasurer Hertha/PC Cabe? See you Saturday.

2 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Or the money rossiter was on at use??? He left full time south shields 2 join part time beith???? He's no joining for peanuts and he's left again for more money at Johnstone burgh.

Mon the papers

17 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

We are not in the top half dozen budgets in the league 

On what basis do you say this? Only a few weeks ago Clydebank fans were on here saying, in so many words, that you had saved up over the last few seasons and were now splashing the cash this season in a push to get up.

11 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Well said my man. Certainly hit the nail on the head with ex committee men. Liked telling the Pieman how to spend his money but took the huff when he decided different. Doubt any of them lifted a hand at any work that was  needed done yet there puppet on here asking what guys who actually contribute to the maintenance of the pitch etc bring to the club.We all know who Rhubarbs puppet masters are and he's silly enough to be the fall guy for them. I take it there will be a mad rush of sponsors and others volunteering there services now the Pieman is away. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting 

So if you put money into a  club you have total control? The committee are there to raise issues if they feel that money is being spent too quickly or too much is being spent then it is right they raise it. If it was the case of JG put money in so he decides then no point in a committee, or you are left with the one we have of yes men that nod and agree.