Darvel FC Thread

Brilliant all round team performance and 3-0 at half time flattered pollok and second half we were very professional , must be the youngest 2 central defenders we have ever played together and the boys were first class , for all we were good however pollok were dreadful and completely lost their discipline last 10 minutes , that’s twice I’ve seen them against burgh and us and I fully expect them to be in the relegation mix 

11 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Brilliant all round team performance and 3-0 at half time flattered pollok and second half we were very professional , must be the youngest 2 central defenders we have ever played together and the boys were first class , for all we were good however pollok were dreadful and completely lost their discipline last 10 minutes , that’s twice I’ve seen them against burgh and us and I fully expect them to be in the relegation mix 

Pollok Fans Forum very critical of Management, style of play and players. 

34 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

We deserved nothing and got nothing out of today-Darvel played well and killed the game off first half aided by our inept defending and goalkeeping -could have been more too.

Lok discipline very poor and totally unacceptable from two veteran players.

Good luck in the next round.

Edited by Lokloyal

For me that is the type of game Darvel needs to win to stay up, one thing that may save them is there is a couple of teams struggling this season such as Bens, Glens, Shotts, Hurlford so not dead and buried just yet. However if you aren't beating the teams you are competing with at the bottom then it is a struggle. 

I was hearing Ross Barbour is next to leave the club. 

Was there any reason the normal keeper wasn't playing or on bench? I seen their team sheet had goalkeeper down as a trialist with the u20s keeper being the GK on the bench. 

I wasn’t at the game Saturday 

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

For me that is the type of game Darvel needs to win to stay up, one thing that may save them is there is a couple of teams struggling this season such as Bens, Glens, Shotts, Hurlford so not dead and buried just yet. However if you aren't beating the teams you are competing with at the bottom then it is a struggle. 

I was hearing Ross Barbour is next to leave the club. 

Was there any reason the normal keeper wasn't playing or on bench? I seen their team sheet had goalkeeper down as a trialist with the u20s keeper being the GK on the bench. 

I wasn’t at the game Saturday but ur 100% correct if we are going to stay up we need to beat the glens , shotts , bens etc and the 2 games we have played against these teams we have one point so no looking great .

young goalie been on bench all Season , Wilson away on holiday and we bring in another keeper 🤷‍♂️ which doesn’t seem to say he has any confidence in our number 2 keeper 

And if Barbour gos who’s probably the best right back in the division on what I’ve seen last 18 months then relegation is nearly a certainty imo 

10 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

I wasn’t at the game Saturday 

I wasn’t at the game Saturday but ur 100% correct if we are going to stay up we need to beat the glens , shotts , bens etc and the 2 games we have played against these teams we have one point so no looking great .

young goalie been on bench all Season , Wilson away on holiday and we bring in another keeper 🤷‍♂️ which doesn’t seem to say he has any confidence in our number 2 keeper 

And if Barbour gos who’s probably the best right back in the division on what I’ve seen last 18 months then relegation is nearly a certainty imo 

Conner mclinchey is the best right back in the division.   He will be played left back to allow Barbour to play right back but no contest .

On 29/08/2024 at 18:57, FairWeatherFan said:

You forgot to include this from the tweet announcing the departure. Which I think for many, sums up his time with Darvel quite well.

A fantastic tribute to a great man.

6 minutes ago, ATFC said:

A fantastic tribute to a great man.

Aww thats really nice of you to acknowledge the man
I personally wouldn't say great man,  his interviews are rubbish and embarrassing

But

Well he has won the WOSFL premier league, the very first winner of it as the year before was null and void
His team also had the biggest shock ever in Scottish Football History beating Aberdeen
That season in the Scottish cup he brought in funds of over £100,000 from their Scottish cup journey
He's left the club with a great wee stadium and park

and I think he's the only man who can have every Talbot supporter hate him, oufftd that some going
Opps, his club also won the Scottish junior cup, first time ever.
He's also won the West of Scotland cup for the first time ever.

AND  I don't have any time for the man but hes don't great for Darvel

4 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I personally wouldn't say great man,  his interviews are rubbish and embarrassing

But

Well he has won the WOSFL premier league, the very first winner of it as the year before was null and void
His team also had the biggest shock ever in Scottish Football History beating Aberdeen
That season in the Scottish cup he brought in funds of over £100,000 from their Scottish cup journey

and I think he's the only man who can have every Talbot supporter hate him, oufftd that some going

I will say without his money Darvel would have been either in the 1st or probably the 2nd division right now.

I may add, this is not a derogatory comment towards Darvel, its just my take on the club, the average size of the crowd and where I would expect them to be in realty without a big spending chairman

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

8 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

But

I know you are trolling as normal however just to be clear the £100k figure from the Scottish run is well off take a zero off and you are closer to the mark. The Aberdeen game was pretty much non-profit due to the amount of works needing carried out at the ground which we all know was only temporary measures so not there for the future. 

5 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

I know you are trolling as normal however just to be clear the £100k figure from the Scottish run is well off take a zero off and you are closer to the mark. The Aberdeen game was pretty much non-profit due to the amount of works needing carried out at the ground which we all know was only temporary measures so not there for the future. 

5 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

First of all I don't troll on here, I am not like most, when you have a gang of people who have agenda on here,  usually the ones who red dot all seem to have junior orientation, (shocker ehhh) against anyone who produce facts or the truth that make a mockery of their view, they hate it.  The WOSFL forum is the most volatile with hatred on the Pie and Bovril forum, all because of those people that don't like anyone going against their views

Second of all, yes I'll keep that 0 that you want to take off and I'll state below factually they earned over £100,000 and how.
By the way, the payments listed below, you have seen previously on other threads and you have totally ignored those facts again to push your own agenda of hatred towards a club

Darvel earnings for their participation in the 2022/23 Scottish Cup

They made it to the 5th round, so the exit fee for the 5th round is £47,250
Their 4th round, their game was televised live which earned them £24,000
Their 5th round tie against Falkirk was televised was £24,000
That comes to the grand total of £95,250.
Now that total £95,250 is without gate money for all rounds or sponsorship they received/arranged for the rounds, and obviously bigger as each round passed so they did indeed go way past £100,000.
P.s. I don't know what the crowd sizes where for each round and what  entrance prices were or what food and drink prices were but sure it all adds up to a pretty penny.

I never said anything about any ground work as that’s up to the club what they do with that money, it’s up to any club how they invest with money they have earned. The club can receive £100,000 and put it towards £300,000 on their club; ground, infrastructure, players etc.., whatever they want, and they have earned that money and have used it for whatever they want.

Again, trolling, let me be clear, I do not troll, but when people come on here stating utter lies or wrong information, especially because they view a different way, I don't mind in and stating how it is in real life and or what did happen.  Go to this post and the past posts on this thread and you will see they are all red dotted by the same people and they views are all junior.  Red dot to me doesn't usually means I'm wrong, it means that I piss them off and I won’t stop schooling them.  If I am wrong on here I always put my hand up and say I was wrong, even to you but I usually check up on facts before I post.

Regarding yourself
I have told you and I've even tired to help
You are always negative and you have such hatred towards certain clubs , thus you come on straight away not thinking and try and lambast the clubs with utter nonsense of hatred.  Even when people on here have corrected you, and I'm not meaning me, you still say the same stuff.
Above I have corrected you on your reply to me and show you why you are wrong, Darvel made over £100,000 from their Scottish cup run and you said take another 0 off, so I have proven you wrong with FACTS

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread