Darvel FC Thread

8 hours ago, Dean Learner said:

In that he spends an absolute fortune on players?

Imagine that a manger spending money on players. As if no other football manager has ever done that. All the great managers spent fortunes and broke transfer records. There are plenty of other managers past and present who have spent fortunes at Mick's level  plus the fact anyone signing for him has there fee and wages exaggerated to unbelievable levels. He was responsible for the greatest result any non league team has ever had in the Scottish cup who's budget would have dwarfed anything Mick had.

2 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

He has spent a fortune on players but he ain't no pep Guardiola that's for sure pep has won loads of leagues and cups micks won erm 1 league and couldn't get that team promoted he is just a lucky person I would say and if u want to talk best non league manager tucker is and I think everyone would agree 

Hoofball manager who spent money also. A football dinosaur compared to Mick Guardiola  

9 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Tell me what team he's managing now and what position they are in the pyramid system ? He's the Pep Guardiola  of non league football 

A Pep who let his players away on a stag do for their club's promotion playoff, which they lost.

1 hour ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Imagine that a manger spending money on players. As if no other football manager has ever done that. All the great managers spent fortunes and broke transfer records. There are plenty of other managers past and present who have spent fortunes at Mick's level  plus the fact anyone signing for him has there fee and wages exaggerated to unbelievable levels. He was responsible for the greatest result any non league team has ever had in the Scottish cup who's budget would have dwarfed anything Mick had.

Much as I can't stand the public persona of the fella (to the point where I don't think he should even be mentioned in this forum anymore) it's hard to argue with the post above tbh. Note I say this post as the previous one mentioning Guardiola is just stupid. Still think there are more questions than answers about the guy though as all his clubs have been megabucks, or if rumours are to be listened to he invests in those clubs too.

Case in point is a post on the EK thread of the LL section on here where an EK fan spoke about Keir Samson's energy but inability to take his chances recently. Apparently the club have a striker signing lined up. We all know Keir can score goals but instead of trying to coach the guy, the default is to sign someone else. 

12 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Tell me what team he's managing now and what position they are in the pyramid system ? He's the Pep Guardiola  of non league football 

I think he is a good manager/football person and I personally have a lot of time for MK. That said at Darvel he only won the post covid league title when nearly all teams were holding back spending. He got promotion through default into the prem. Not sure that record matches that of Tuckers who has been successful over a 20 year period at Talbot never spending crazy money and always keeping a steady ship. 

On 14/12/2023 at 08:48, Bheaten Castard said:

All fair comments but you'd expect the best manager with the best budget to have won a hell of a lot more than he has managed to. Looks like he'll win the LL this year and fair play if he does but if they don't then win through the playoffs it's a failure. 

5 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Great bit of business signing Syme up to 2026.  Statement of intent showing we are back in a strong financial position.  

im led to believe talbot were in for him, need Dee pockets for him now.  

Can’t see past us now for Scottish, Tony has done it before against talbot.  

Is that the dee pockets on dee trousers boss man?

5 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Great bit of business signing Syme up to 2026.  Statement of intent showing we are back in a strong financial position.  

So u sign 1 player with ur big money thats ment to last 5 years and u think u will win the Scottish is this April fools day or ru on crack cause u ain't wired right to think 1 player will win u a cup lol 😉 😜 😆 🤣 😂 

20 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Can you give an update on the score today has ur so confident that u will win the cup or won't u cause u might not 

Edited by allyg1977

42 minutes ago, Shanner said:

been doing that unwittingly all of my life. 

Their badge should say all money nothing to show for it apart from beating Aberdeen and to be fair any team could have beat Aberdeen that night everyone has said it even professionals above us