Darvel FC Thread

1 hour ago, beaver watch said:

The capacity of beechwood was cut for the hearts match due to the grass banking beside the stand being unsuitable how the council allegedly gave davel a 4000 capacity beggars belief.

There nothing allegedly about it the ground capacity for the match is 4,000 nothing has changed. 

Aberdeen have been given 1750 tickets for their part of the ground, it’s up to them how many they wish to sell. 

11 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

So have the police and aberdeens health and safety concerns been addressed then? Unclear from the statement.

As far as the council are concerned there are no health and safety concerns, we have met every required standard for the capacity.

We haven’t been required to do any additional work, I think Colin detailed the works in a earlier post I’m sure. 

We didn’t set out to reach any particular capacity figure, we carried out the work as requested to allow us to use the banking. After we detailed all the work we were granted the capacity based on the calculations and health safety requirements used. The same criteria that will used for all grounds at our level. 

1 minute ago, beaver watch said:

The gradient on the banking at Beechwood is half that of the Darvel one and it was dismissed due to having no concrete terracing. How the same council can rubber stamp a 4,000 capacity for Recreation  Park is mesmerising. 

It’s amazing what some people will do for the famous pie. 

32 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

The gradient on the banking at Beechwood is half that of the Darvel one and it was dismissed due to having no concrete terracing. How the same council can rubber stamp a 4,000 capacity for Recreation  Park is mesmerising. 

That why there is a barrier there and the ground has been dug up and relayed 

9 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

How’s Thomas Reilly doing for you guys , was gutted he left us but couldn’t get in ahead of Tidser, Lyon n Low after injury so hopefully doing ok and getting the game time he needs 

He doing well mate, fitted in really he’s a great lad. Good to yous starting to pick up a bit now in the league 

7 hours ago, Mkennedy said:

I’m not sure what the ground material has been changed to but I know it’s at the spec required.

Latest The area in which away fans are situated is elevated and flat and those not at the front may not be able to see the pitch but we will still charge you 18 quid  you couldn’t make it up.

7 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

I canny wait to watch this game. Hope they keep Gall away from the camera's though.

There's as much chance of Aberdeen fans leaving the ground after the final whistle  and making the 2130pm last train from Glasgow to Aberdeen than that .....

9 hours ago, Bcassells said:

I read in that paper that Aberdeen ticket allocation is now 550.

Its 1210 according to the Aberdeen website.

Following consultation today with all relevant partners the Club can confirm 1210 tickets have been released for our Scottish Cup fixture against Darvel FC.

Tickets for this match will be available to book online from 8am on Tuesday 17th January and 9.30am from the Pittodrie Ticket Office or by calling 01224 63 1903.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2023/01/09/darvel-a-ticket-information/