Celtic (Cavalier) vs Rangers (Tavernier)

12 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Most entertaining to watch both teams try to play it out slowly from the back like Man City or Real Madrid, and 99% of the time make a complete cnut of it and end up blootering the ball away anyway.

Celtic's attempts to play the ball out from the back were embarrassing. How does a manager stand and watch several failed attempts at it and allow it to continue ? They're banging their heads off a wall and it hurts, so their solution is to continue banging their heads off the wall in the hope that the pain will subside. 

Edited by Cutty Old

33 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Big swing second half, Rangers should have won comfortably in the end, but shite finishing all afternoon (Kent and Sakala mainly) costs them.

Draw as good as a win for Celtic, job done for them.

As an aside: Rangers looked far better with Aribo off the pitch. More energy, better pressing, more threat. I've been saying for weeks he's lazy and causes Rangers problems. That last half hour probably the best example of the difference when, like Celtic, you have 10 working not just 9.

Okay Big Ron, we know what you're saying. 😄

9 minutes ago, Cutty Old said:

Celtic's attempts to play the ball out from the back were embarrassing. How does a manager stand and watch several failed attempts at it and allow it to continue ? They're banging their heads off a wall and it hurts, so their solution is to continue banging their heads off the wall in the hope that the pain will subside. 

I'd say it works most of the time against jobbers  like Aberdeen etc. If you have pleyers to do his system it would be total football, He don't have that player, and probably won't until he leaves for Brentford/Wovles 

That’ll do although I agree with @DMCs (for once) that it is a tad concerning how we seem to drop off in the 2nd half of big games.

A win would obviously have been great today but a draw is good enough.

Hatate looks gubbed and has done for weeks now and it’s also a tad concerning Ange can’t see that.

I honestly thought Barisic used to be a good player. WTF happened there?

Edited by Henrik's tongue

Celtic’s Japanese players are excellent, and Daizan has an unbelieveable engine. Wonder when Leeds, Southampton, Leicester, West Ham and Co are planning their raids. Jota too. Just biding their time in Paradise until they get their ‘Virgil’ move.

Edited by pozbaird

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Celtic’s Japanese players are excellent, and Daizan has an unbelieveable engine. Wonder when Leeds, Southampton, Leicester, West Ham and Co are planning their raids. Jota too. Just biding their time in Paradise until they get their ‘Virgil’ move.

Think you’ve just sussed out Celtics player trading model, I’d imagine all players would be open to a ‘Virgil’ move, I’m sure Celtic would welcome the profits to reinvest. 

Edited by Drew Brees

Just now, Drew Brees said:

Think you’ve just sussed out Celtics player trading model, I’d imagine all players would be open to a ‘Virgil’ move, I’m sure Celtic would welcome the profits to reinvest. 

Of course they would. The players at the team I follow would love a move to Celtic or the Sevco. We are all selling clubs.

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Pains me to say it but Rangers are well better.   

For the last fortnight?? I agree we’ve been struggling recently if we don’t kill off teams by half time, St Johnstone aside, but we haven’t lost a league game in 7 1/2 months and had a 12 point swing over a very poor rangers team who were dropping points left, right and centre. They’re finishing strong this season but too little too late imo. 

Edited by Drew Brees