Celtic (Cavalier) vs Rangers (Tavernier)

21 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Is it? I saw this narrative all over Twitter before the game saying it’s effectively a friendly, the game and league doesn’t matter. If Rangers won that yesterday I’m pretty sure you aren’t saying the league is done hence why I believe the suggestion to be disingenuous . Your manager pretty much echoed that sentiment by calling it a must win which they didn’t win

You can take positivity from performances however you haven’t been able to beat this team over 90 mins since August and that team was effectively kids and the remnants of the failed Lennon side of last season, if you can find the positive in that fair play to you but this is a Rangers team at the end of its cycle and likely to be broken up this summer.

And like I say if you happen to fail on Thursday then the pressure becomes massive and god forbid you fail to bet Hearts.

There will be no fallout or upping of pressure  if we go out on Thursday 

the team have already exceeded expectations in Europe this season and most are accepting of that . 

I don’t know why some Celtic fans are getting a bit out of sorts because we are stating a European semi final second leg is our priority . The game on Thursday is not only our biggest game of the season but probably the biggest at Ibrox for a generation . 

14 hours ago, Fratelli said:

I was in 117 just next to the Rangers fans, the scenes after the final whistle weren't great at all. Complete arseholes on both sides deliberately trying to cause bother and needlessly escalating what was essentially just yer usual pantomime slagging into something that turned a bit sketchy out of nowhere. Consequently, normal punters - including older folk and kids - ended up in the firing line. Not getting drawn into the 'aye but did you see what they did?' shite, as from where i was sitting it seemed folk on our side had as much to do with it as folk in the Rangers end. 

Stuff like this has always happened to an extent, but there does seem to have been a noticeable rise in coked up thickos at these games in recent times, and the rivalry does seem to be getting even more vitriolic for whatever reason. 

Are The Bhoys not sitting in 117 now? Really can’t stand them.

22 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I don’t know why some Celtic fans are getting a bit out of sorts because we are stating a European semi final second leg is our priority . The game on Thursday is not only our biggest game of the season but probably the biggest at Ibrox for a generation . 

Our chances of winning the the league title were about 50/1 even before the game yesterday. Our chances of winning the EL were rated at about 10/1. Obviously Thursday is the more important game. If we were neck and neck on points going into the match at Parkhead then a debate on the importance is at least reasonable.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

This narrative tickles me, it’s disingenuous nonsense trying to deflect away from what is domestically a very poor season for Rangers.

As for the game we should have been out of sight by half time again the proverbial game of two halfs, we need to be more clinical especially if we want to do better in Europe

10 years ago we were playing Annan and Brechin. Now we're enjoying the best European run from Scottish team in 14 years and are 90 minutes away from the chance of playing in a major European cup final. 

While Angeball threw the match against that Norwegian team to concentrate on domestic fitba,  I guess it depends on what your priorities are.

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What are they then? A junior Groan Brigade?

Think it’s more a people’s front of Judea and Judean peoples front situation to be honest 

Bhoys are the splitters I’m lead to believe 

Edited by Forever_blueco

19 minutes ago, S7C said:

Saw a few videos of them scrapping dancing with the green brigade,  is Parkhead not big enough for 2 supporters groups?

27 minutes ago, S7C said:

Seems they are aye. I didn't realise until yesterday as i don't usually sit there. 

Always thought they were quite good up in their corner, but know a lot of folk don't have many positive things to say about them. After yesterday i'm probably starting to agree. They seem intent on bringing back a few songs that were out of date 20 years ago and had (thankfully) disappeared and trouble seems to follow them. They were scrapping with members of the GB at the Ross County game and then again yesterday. Once heard them described as a more bammy version of the GB which i think is about right.

Edited by Fratelli

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Is it? I saw this narrative all over Twitter before the game saying it’s effectively a friendly, the game and league doesn’t matter. If Rangers won that yesterday I’m pretty sure you aren’t saying the league is done hence why I believe the suggestion to be disingenuous . Your manager pretty much echoed that sentiment by calling it a must win which they didn’t win

You can take positivity from performances however you haven’t been able to beat this team over 90 mins since August and that team was effectively kids and the remnants of the failed Lennon side of last season, if you can find the positive in that fair play to you but this is a Rangers team at the end of its cycle and likely to be broken up this summer.

And like I say if you happen to fail on Thursday then the pressure becomes massive and god forbid you fail to bet Hearts.

If Rangers had won that yesterday, the league was still outwith our grasp.  The damage was done with the numerous draws earlier in the season, mostly from winning positions.  Other than the 3-0 game, where Celtic ran over the top of us in the first half and Gio got his tactics and selection badly wrong, there hasn't been much between the two teams in the other games.  I think with Morelos or Roofe yesterday, we maybe edge it out. 

So, you are correct, even before the game, Thursday was always the bigger game at this point in our season.  Does that mean we didn't want to win yesterday?  Of course not.

edit: Your point about the team being broken up, that's hardly surprising given we have a new manager who will want to bring in his own players.  I would imagine we'll be trying to tie down players we want to keep and moving on the ones that either don't want to be here, have no future and possibly selling a player or three if the correct bid come in.  But we have shown in recent transfer windows that we won't move on players unless the bid is right for us.

Edited by KnightswoodVanBear

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, but what about the statements?

Sod the statements, theres a dossier "winging" its way to Police Scotland HQ with details of "hate crimes" perpetrated by upon Rangers fans.

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

There will be no fallout or upping of pressure  if we go out on Thursday 

the team have already exceeded expectations in Europe this season and most are accepting of that . 

Surely some significant game from last season preventing 10iar was the biggest for a generation

14 minutes ago, DMCs said:

He's scored 2 fewer goals than Morelos.

He has a better goal to minute ratio. 

All round play it isn't close in the slightest. Morelos blows him out the water. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He has a better goal to minute ratio. 

All round play it isn't close in the slightest. Morelos blows him out the water. 

Yes, I don't think totting up goals and assists is the way to compare players. Morelos' performances in Europe put him a fair distance clear right now.

Edited by DMCs