Celtic (Cavalier) vs Rangers (Tavernier)

52 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We will always favour our own that goes without saying however saying a player who has a better goals to game record than the “supposed” best striker in the league is a bit of a stretch and i found that funny. I assume there is nothing wrong with that?

Roofe has a better goal ratio than Morelos, but that doesn’t make him better, does it?

Stats only get you so far and the “eye-test” is more credible, and Kyogo fails that test when compared with Morelos.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Roofe has a better goal ratio than Morelos, but that doesn’t make him better, does it?

Stats only get you so far and the “eye-test” is more credible, and Kyogo fails that test when compared with Morelos.

The “eye-test” 😂😂

Made up and subjective metrics and credible in the same sentence, fantastic i really do love this forum

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The “eye-test” 😂😂

Made up and subjective metrics and credible in the same sentence, fantastic i really do love this forum

Surely you do realise that by saying eye-test I really mean just watching them to form an opinion? I’m not sure what is made up about that as it’s the main way of judging a players ability 😂

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Surely you do realise that by saying eye-test I really mean just watching them to form an opinion? I’m not sure what is made up about that as it’s the main way of judging a players ability 😂

That “eye test” only gets you so far Ryan Kent being an example of this, at first glance looks to have much more ability than Abada however who this season has been more effective? It’s not even close

28 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That “eye test” only gets you so far Ryan Kent being an example of this, at first glance looks to have much more ability than Abada however who this season has been more effective? It’s not even close

So the basis of your argument is that Kyogo is a better player because he has a better goals to minute ratio than Morelos, rather than actually basing your opinion on how they play?

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

So the basis of your argument is that Kyogo is a better player because he has a better goals to minute ratio than Morelos, rather than actually basing your opinion on how they play?

That wasn’t my argument, i came into this with a retort to you saying Kyogo was shite, i just posted he is more prolific than Morelos which is factually accurate. Does that make him better? That’s subjective based on what you prefer from a striker my only purpose here is to counter your initial post 😉

7 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Young Half Man Half Haircut is about as prolific against Celtic as Kris Boyd was for the old dead club.

Fucking rubbish.

Kris Boyd scored more goals than Henrik Larsson though. 

32 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

That’s a good point. At first glance Larsson looks to have much more ability than Boyd, however Boyd was the more effective striker.

10 hours ago, AJF said:

Not offering an opinion here but suggesting that old firm fans comparing each other’s strikers is best decided by their respective “eye-test” is absolutely hilarious. 

I'd rather have Morelos in my team than Kyogo, but I bet they'd work amazing played together. 

"Who's better" depends on what you want from a striker really.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not offering an opinion here but suggesting that old firm fans comparing each other’s strikers is best decided by their respective “eye-test” is absolutely hilarious. 

Aye, don’t expect any objectivity or non-biased views from me here 😂

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yes and both went on to have glittering careers with Barcelona,  Manchester Utd and… errrm… Sky Sports

No8 was utterly obsessed by the Boyd v Larsson debate. Boyd was obviously a more effective seal clubber but utterly failed against Celtic and in Europe. Larsson from my vague recollection managed to score in OF games and regularly in Europe.

Kyogo Vs HalfHeid is the Tesco value version of Larsson v Boyd tbh.

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

No8 was utterly obsessed by the Boyd v Larsson debate. Boyd was obviously a more effective seal clubber but utterly failed against Celtic and in Europe. Larsson from my vague recollection managed to score in OF games and regularly in Europe.

Kyogo Vs HalfHeid is the Tesco value version of Larsson v Boyd tbh.

...and Larsson went on to play for Barcelona and Man Utd, and a stellar career for Sweden in numerous tournament finals.

Boyd was shit at Notts Forest, Turkeyshire and Mattressville, OR.

11 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

only took him about 3 or 4 seasons extra though 👍

10 hours ago, AJF said:

That’s a good point. At first glance Larsson looks to have much more ability than Boyd, however Boyd was the more effective striker.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Jinky67

22 hours ago, AJF said:

Should have gone to spec savers