Stranraer 2022-23

Wee Aggy certainly doesn't hang around if he fancies something else. Is that 3 management teams he's been a part of in one season? 

Do think it could be a good appointment, he has all the attributes you'd look for in a young manager getting his first job in the lower leagues, it will just depend if he can get a team playing. 

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Wee Aggy certainly doesn't hang around if he fancies something else. Is that 3 management teams he's been a part of in one season? 

Do think it could be a good appointment, he has all the attributes you'd look for in a young manager getting his first job in the lower leagues, it will just depend if he can get a team playing. 

Yeah i would be interested to know why he left Raith so soon, all the best to him anyway hope he does well. All round good guy!

On 17/04/2023 at 14:19, skiblue said:

Reid & Atiken were my 1st thoughts..... Maybe they could come as a double act 🤣

The p***ks, p***ks, Reid was horrid as manger, assembled a decent team but no engagement with fans or local community, very arrogant.

Aitken was a great player, did well as manager but no way could cope with the budget we’re working with now. Every bad result he’s be whoring himself out for the job, so much so he was at Cliftonhill for our game against Albion.

not interested in anyone who has walked away from us before.

Think Agnew is outside the box but, really looking forward to his tenure. 

Good player and assistant manager for us last season. He's been back at the club a few times this season as a guest and has always come across as a good guy. I'm sure Murray mentioned that there were a couple of games last season where Agnew was 'running' things rather than Murray himself, and it wouldn't have surprised me if he'd got our job this season had he not followed Murray to Raith. So it will be interesting to see how does. All the best to him. Hope he does well and gets you in an upwardly mobile direction again.