Dog Kills Man

12 hours ago, Dugbhoy said:

I don't own a dog like that , but I own a Caucasian shepherd and an American akita because people own dogs like that .

Some people are just not cut out to be dog owners  , unfortunately they seem to be the ones that are drawn to these breeds . 

I noticed the tribute mentioned the dog before the father in law , which is quite telling.  It's an animal ffs , there's a human life gone .

It’s cruel to have people who don’t know what they are doing own these types of dogs. 

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It’s cruel to have people who don’t know what they are doing own these types of dogs. 

I agree . The problem is that these dogs aren't being acquired for the correct reasons. 

Pit bulls are not guard dogs but can easily taught to be aggressive because of the "terrier" prey drive . They're not much use for terrier work either as they are too big . It's not a logical choice of dog . 

They're history concerning aggression and the termination of kids and other dogs , is well known  , before you get to the fact they are illegal to own , leads me to believe that the people in the market for one of these dogs are definitely not dog lovers .

My wee lassie came out of the school yesterday telling me one of her pals had a new dog and could we go and see it. I said no, because I had just seen the wee friends maw being walked through the school grounds by this fucking bull, devil, whatever the f**k it was dug. This thing was a big, strong pretty large animal. To the best of my knowledge, living in a house of 4, but it might be 5 kids. 

No idea what the f**k possesses these folk. 

23 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

My wee lassie came out of the school yesterday telling me one of her pals had a new dog and could we go and see it. I said no, because I had just seen the wee friends maw being walked through the school grounds by this fucking bull, devil, whatever the f**k it was dug. This thing was a big, strong pretty large animal. To the best of my knowledge, living in a house of 4, but it might be 5 kids. 

The pit bull type dogs are relatively intelligent, easy to train, very loyal and generally quite loving and friendly…but they are also extremely intolerant, naturally very defensive of their human/humans and can “snap”. The biggest problem is, surprise, surprise, kids and other dogs…who can often trigger aggressive responses…and owners who can’t see the trees for the forest.

That why these dogs are being prohibited all over, however unscrupulous breeders will work to develop new mixes that keep those traits with differing looks, avoiding the laws. As for why a person would accept a dog with those positive traits that might, at any given time, turn on them and challenge for the Alpha role, people is dumb.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

That situation sounds like a recipe for disaster . I genuinely dread to think what's down the line for that household. 

Also , why the eff would you have an animal like that in/near school grounds ? 

20 hours ago, Dugbhoy said:

It'll be another delusional dog owner that is convinced their snarling devil dug is a big softie and wouldn't harm anyone. An attitude that that was prevalent on the Facebook page of the woman that owned the dog this thread relates to. 

Anyone who has come into contact with Cookie knows how much of a big fat head play boy he is. He's not aggressive in the slightest. Just thinks he's still a small pup and bounces around rather than walk.

Poor wee Cookie, eh? Just a daft wee playful thing that bounced around. Just happened to attack and kill a grown man, but everyone knows it's just a wee softie. Unreal. 

I don't know where this fucked up attitude comes from, but it probably stems from the not insignificant amount of people that treat dogs as if they are their (young) children and are blinded to the risks they can present. 

Edited by Michael W

20 hours ago, Dugbhoy said:

That situation sounds like a recipe for disaster . I genuinely dread to think what's down the line for that household. 

I'm a dog owner and have been for many years. These type of dogs I am always wary of and I've said to my mates that I'd no more have one of them than leave a loaded gun on my coffee table.   My old dog was a Japanese Shiba (Doge type for those who don't know) and when my daughter was born he was fairly old but I'd still never leave him unsupervised with my youngest kid in the room. 2 Years before he died he was attacked in the park by another dog.  No prizes for guessing what type.  

On 09/05/2023 at 20:55, Sergeant Wilson said:

At least they never raped the dogs.

Maybe they just haven’t come forwards yet. As far as I’m aware there’s no #MeToo movement for dugs…and those two definitely won’t be coming forward.

8 hours ago, Michael W said:

It'll be another delusional dog owner that is convinced their snarling devil dug is a big softie and wouldn't harm anyone. An attitude that that was prevalent on the Facebook page of the woman that owned the dog this thread relates to. 

Poor wee Cookie, eh? Just a daft wee playful thing that bounced around. Just happened to attack and kill a grown man, but everyone knows it's just a wee softie. Unreal. 

I don't know where this fucked up attitude comes from, but it probably stems from the not insignificant amount of people that treat dogs as if they are their (young) children and are blinded to the risks they can present. 

The person describing "cookie" just sounds like every other owner who ends up in this situation. "Oh he's this" and "oh he's that" , just an avalanche of anthropomorphic pish and wind .

They definitely know what they're buying and that means that they're well aware of the dogs capabilities  , sadly image is more important to them .

8 hours ago, AndyM said:

I'm a dog owner and have been for many years. These type of dogs I am always wary of and I've said to my mates that I'd no more have one of them than leave a loaded gun on my coffee table.   My old dog was a Japanese Shiba (Doge type for those who don't know) and when my daughter was born he was fairly old but I'd still never leave him unsupervised with my youngest kid in the room. 2 Years before he died he was attacked in the park by another dog.  No prizes for guessing what type.  

It always pays to be wary around them as you don't know what kind of person the owner is. 

My two do not like other dogs and i spend a huge amount of time on the walks avoiding other dogs . 

The people who get these types seem to think the universe revolves around them and that they have no business with responsibility or anything that looks close to it .

I would extend the ban list 

45 minutes ago, Dugbhoy said:

It always pays to be wary around them as you don't know what kind of person the owner is. 

My two do not like other dogs and i spend a huge amount of time on the walks avoiding other dogs . 

The people who get these types seem to think the universe revolves around them and that they have no business with responsibility or anything that looks close to it .

I would extend the ban list 

Too many dog owners of all types of breeds believe the world revolves around their dogs. They walk their dog(s) off a leash, and chuckle when they chase off after a squirrel or a kid running. I’m very afraid of dogs due to an experience when I was quite young, and therefore immediately assume a defensive stance when a loose dog runs toward me…you’d think I was threatening their baby or something. If a large dog tried to jump up at me, I fear the result for the dog, but still these moron owners let their dogs run free.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Too many dog owners of all types of breeds believe the world revolves around their dogs. They walk their dog(s) off a leash, and chuckle when they chase off after a squirrel or a kid running. I’m very afraid of dogs due to an experience when I was quite young, and therefore immediately assume a defensive stance when a loose dog runs toward me…you’d think I was threatening their baby or something. If a large dog tried to jump up at me, I fear the result for the dog, but still these moron owners let their dogs run free.

I don't blame you for being afraid  , a dog attack is a horrific situation to be in . 

I can't have my dogs off lead . They're far to big to be roaming around . In fact , my biggest fear on my walk is that one of their leads snap and they get loose . 

There's a degree of responsibility that comes with having dogs , although you wouldn't think it .

If your dog is a hassle to others (running loose , incessant barking , etc) , you should get a kick in the stones 

17 hours ago, TxRover said:

Agree with all of this.

"Och he's being friendly". Well, I'm fucking not. Get it on a lead and get it to f**k

6 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

We should make this rule for people with children, too 

Goes double for kids running about, especially as the stones in question are often the guilty parties.

We had a situation whilst walking our neighbour's dog last week. A big tan and white American bulldog decided he'd like to try and take a chunk out of his face. Neighbour's dog is an 11yr old spaniel who is a big softy, and had no idea of how to defend himself. It took the wife getting between him and the other dog and letting out a large scream for the owners, who had made no attempt to take the dog away from the situation, to grab the dog. They never even apologised or asked if if the dog our ourselves were ok, they fucked off away into a nature reserve,  which is something else they should not be doing. Pair of absolute fucking scumbags.