Dog Kills Man

• 2 weeks later...

Owner of the dog which killed my parents' dog last year went to court yesterday. Motion to dismiss upheld, apparently despite being in control of the dog there was no case for the owner to answer. 

I've been up and down about a ban on specific breeds, but if the current legal framework can't hold irresponsible owners to account then f**k it, ban them and bolt gun the lot of them, nuclear strike on this "rescue centre" that oddballs are building in Angus

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

Owner of the dog which killed my parents' dog last year went to court yesterday. Motion to dismiss upheld, apparently despite being in control of the dog there was no case for the owner to answer. 

I've been up and down about a ban on specific breeds, but if the current legal framework can't hold irresponsible owners to account then f**k it, ban them and bolt gun the lot of them, nuclear strike on this "rescue centre" that oddballs are building in Angus

I saw this on the Bully Watch account, I assume that it must be your parents dog.  Hope you dont' mind me sharing

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/courts/4913530/bryan-laird-xl-bully-blairgowrie/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sounds like he got off as they couldn't prove he'd been specifically negligent in allowing his dog to kill another dog.  I'd have thought that this would be kind of implicit in the fact that the dog killed another but there we go.

I'm sure the rescue centre will be absolutely fine, nothing could possibly go wrong.  Cages filled with land sharks that are so uncontrollable their owners had to give them up?  No problemo!

Edited by ICTChris

XL Bully put down after being restrained by police in Coatbridge - BBC News

An XL bully-type dog has been put down following an incident in North Lanarkshire.

Armed police were dispatched to Broughton Place in Coatbridge on Thursday amid reports the animal was out of control. No shots were fired, but the dog was put down by a vet after being restrained by officers.

A 30-year-old woman was reported to the procurator fiscal in connection with an offence under the Dangerous Dogs Act.

18 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

XL Bully put down after being restrained by police in Coatbridge - BBC News

An XL bully-type dog has been put down following an incident in North Lanarkshire.

Armed police were dispatched to Broughton Place in Coatbridge on Thursday amid reports the animal was out of control. No shots were fired, but the dog was put down by a vet after being restrained by officers.

A 30-year-old woman was reported to the procurator fiscal in connection with an offence under the Dangerous Dogs Act.

Are these dogs really bad or are they just badly trained? 
The jaky tattooed fukwit fraternity like to have their dogs aggressive as they think it makes them look hard, in some cases the poor dogs don’t know any better, and only do what they can to please their owners I could be wrong about this but IMO there’s no bad dogs there’s only bad owners. 

Just literally had the joy of meeting an owner-free unmuzzled xl type dog when I was out with my pooch.

Rather unnerving as I was in the middle of nowhere and no obvious out for me or my dog.

Slowly retreated up a dirt track but the dog started following at pace.

Fortunately a car had seen what was happening and the driver came up the track and got between us and the dog and reversed forcing it away from us.  He said it had been roaming around for a while and the polis were on their way.  Safely home and feeling relieved.

This following last night's walk where we walked past a house with a guy blethering to someone else at their doorway and a doberman comes belting out past them and has a couple of goes at my pooch.  Give her her due, squared up to it and growled and barked back before the owner managed to get it in the house again.  My pooch would be a snack to either of these dogs.

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

Are these dogs really bad or are they just badly trained
The jaky tattooed fukwit fraternity like to have their dogs aggressive as they think it makes them look hard, in some cases the poor dogs don’t know any better, and only do what they can to please their owners I could be wrong about this but IMO there’s no bad dogs there’s only bad owners. 

The near total crossover from historical Rottweiler/Doberman media frenzies first to Staffordshire bull terriers (currently under image rehabilitation) and now this breed confirms that it's the latter. 

The correct solution is to ban the owners, which would exclude a comfortable majority of clowns currently in charge of every dog breed. 

6 hours ago, virginton said:

The near total crossover from historical Rottweiler/Doberman media frenzies first to Staffordshire bull terriers (currently under image rehabilitation) and now this breed confirms that it's the latter. 

The correct solution is to ban the owners, which would exclude a comfortable majority of clowns currently in charge of every dog breed. 

All owners or bad owners?

17 hours ago, Wacky said:

Are these dogs really bad or are they just badly trained? 

Good or bad is not an appropriate question. The issue is whether they’re safe.

Even if these things are no more aggressive than other dogs, they can do more damage when they are aggressive. I’d fancy my chances against a dachshund or a pug that was fully hyped to kill but not so much against one of these monsters when it’s just playing. 

I understand that they are generally naturally more aggressive as well, although the moron lobby disputes that. 

I don’t doubt that cunty owners are a massive part of the problem but apparently it’s legally more problematic to put them down.

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

Good or bad is not an appropriate question. The issue is whether they’re safe.

Even if these things are no more aggressive than other dogs, they can do more damage when they are aggressive. I’d fancy my chances against a dachshund or a pug that was fully hyped to kill but not so much against one of these monsters when it’s just playing. 

I understand that they are generally naturally more aggressive as well, although the moron lobby disputes that. 

I don’t doubt that cunty owners are a massive part of the problem but apparently it’s legally more problematic to put them down.

My neighbour has an XL bully and I have a daschund puppy.

I've reversed my position since and I'd rather take my chances with the XL......

22 hours ago, RH33 said:

My neighbour has an XL bully and I have a daschund puppy.

I've reversed my position since and I'd rather take my chances with the XL......

Arsenal won't win the Premier League 2022-2023

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice of the owner to give his dog a turn of his necklace.

01C4F277-C388-4C48-B23E-D2C7250A3C55.webp.ac73d6e6b9b24a6f9c1e22b7f2995b61.webp

Every part of the story just gets better.

Quote from the owner

Sully was an amazing dog, he never did anything wrong, never bit another dog. He was great with kids, he just looked a bit scary. The law is the law but

also, the owner

The former builder, of Worthing, had warned police that the animal would attack anyone who went near it, leading officers to get a warrant for the address and seize the pet, the court was told.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Nice of the owner to give his dog a turn of his necklace.

01C4F277-C388-4C48-B23E-D2C7250A3C55.webp.ac73d6e6b9b24a6f9c1e22b7f2995b61.webp

Every part of the story just gets better.

Quote from the owner

also, the owner

Boy looks like he is pushing out a shite.