EPL 2022/23

As much as it’s a complete banter appointment - their season is over and any long term candidate would probably want a transfer window to clear out their bloated mess of a squad.

Add to that clueless owners desperately trying to get the fans onside by appointing someone who’s proper Chels.

Naggelsman is available now. Luis Enrique us available now. Conte is available now. So they must be looking for someone in a job. In which case, why not just keep Potter til the end of the season. Is Lampard more likely to be able to get them into Europe or win the Champions League (no laughing up the back)? I doubt it. More evidence that they don't know what they're doing.

4 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Add to that clueless owners desperately trying to get the fans onside by appointing someone who’s proper Chels.

I reckon that's kind of how he got the job first time around. The Sarri season became toxic for fans so, with a transfer ban looming, they appointed a club legend who'd just done an average job elsewhere. Solskjaer's purple patch (can you say that for a manager?) probably had an influence too. 

14 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A reminder that he’s a Tory and failing up is common. 

56EB2DCE-BE5D-4F08-A2D8-62CB83ECDC97.jpeg

That’s an incredible string of words.   The kind you instantly want to fact check as it seems ridiculous someone has said it in any situation.  Then you remember it’s lampard and it’s par for the course for him.

It was ages ago now and I can't even remember what managerial role it was in relation to, but I can vaguely recall listening to a discussion on the radio - probably talkSPORT - about a vacant position in England. I think it might have been Giggs at Man United, actually, but I'm not certain.

Anyway, one of the pundits genuinely advocated for whoever it was to be appointed permanently because he "knows where everything is". If I remember correctly, whoever was with him in the studio just agreed like it was a genuinely credible argument. 

On 06/04/2023 at 08:50, Derry Alli said:

Boehly will see it as getting fans onside until the guy he wants in charge takes over in the summer. It would be unreal if Chelsea won the Champions League again with a caretaker like Lampard and then Boehly is stuck in a very difficult position.

A Frank Lampard-managed side is about to play Real Madrid. They're going to be thoroughly rinsed and finish about 12th in the league 

It was a fun 25 minutes or so, but United have completely taken control since. 

McTominay's goal was quite satisfying in that it started with United getting out of Everton's press by picking up the same space they had a couple of minutes earlier, then McTominay made the same run United have made a few times already. Coaching!

Everton have been a horrible mix of way too open, making too many defensive mistakes and currently offering nothing going forward. Even though they've got into United's final third a few times, they just don't look like converting that into a good chance (Simms sitter aside). Need to get the press right in the second half. 

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Leicester going for Jesse Marsch. I'd be a bit underwhelmed if I was a fan, I reckon.

I remember when Southampton were going for him.

On 14/02/2023 at 19:48, Miguel Sanchez said:

Must be great fun being a Southampton fan. Here's our new manager! A guy who got sacked because a direct rival thought he was going to relegate them. Good plan.