EPL 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Whit? 

I can understand what she's getting at. I actually thought when I heard about City bidding they were doing it for the opposite reason.

There's one thing for sure though, she's going to find it hard to get a job in the future.

20 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I can understand what she's getting at. I actually thought when I heard about City bidding they were doing it for the opposite reason.

There's one thing for sure though, she's going to find it hard to get a job in the future.

Yeah I sometimes wonder if City make these moves to get their opposition to overpay. I think they done the same with McGuire and Cucurella. If there is only 1 offer on the table eventually West Ham will take it but if City threaten to make a bid then Arsenal have to up their offer. If City really wanted him they would outbid Arsenal and get him. They have Rodri and Kovacic (and even Stones moves in to that position at times) as their defensive midfielders so they weren't even needing him.

Good player but way overpriced.

I don't think City do negotiating. It just seems to be a case of "Here's who we want, here's what we're willing to pay. Take it or leave it." Kane's the only player I can think of who they dragged out over a summer (and still didn't get him). They've actually failed on quite a lot of high profile transfer targets. 

22 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I don't mind it - and that's coming from a noodles fan!

Look, I used to enjoy tucking into noodles (especially good old pot noodle's on Ford Super Sunday with a hangover after a Carlsberg sesh the night before; if Carlsberg did Ford Super Sundays with Pot Noodles with a hangover after a Carlsberg sesh the night before, they'd probably be the best Carlsberg Ford Sesh Super Sunday Pot Noodles in the world) as much as the next man, but rice and noodles after coronavirus?

It's just good old British chips for me I'm afraid.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely