EPL 2022/23

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Sad that as predicted Arsenal will just come up short. Psychopath Pep and his Petrostate All-Stars winning the league again is pish. Hopefully Real Madrid or Napoli or someone - anyone - stops them winning Ol' Big Ears.

I agree with your sentiments about Man City, but I consider Arteta to be every bit as bad as, if not worse, than Guardiola so I'm quite happy to watch the title slip from their grasp. 

Maguire will move to the likes of West Ham or Newcastle and turn in 8/10 performances every week. Guaranteed. He's not a bad defender, he's just had his time at Man Utd and his heads gone.

Edited by Derry Alli

Seems like big decisions continue to favour the big EPL clubs. 

Should have been a penalty against Maguire and I also felt Lindelöf held back the Forest striker in the box. 

Why don’t referees pull up that cnut Fernandes for blatant foul and abusive language towards the officials.

Even if Arsenal had got a winner at the end, it was still the kind of collapse that - when combined with last week - suggests they've not got it in them to win the league yet. They really had to be a bajillion points ahead by this point if they wanted to win it as a tight race like this, where you're the favourites, must be difficult mentally for a group who haven't won a league before. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I can be found previously on the thread saying I didn't believe it would be a real collapse from whatever the position was at the time, but now that's its happened, well f**k it, I should be free to enjoy it as much as the next guy

You got a pass because you're not a cunt.

30 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Even if Arsenal had got a winner at the end, it was still the kind of collapse that - when combined with last week - suggests they've not got it in them to win the league yet. They really had to be a bajillion points ahead by this point if they wanted to win it as a tight race like this, where you're the favourites, must be difficult mentally for a group who haven't won a league before. 

As much as I'm enjoying Arsenal's stupid, wee bubble bursting, I'm not convinced it's a mentality issue. They're just not good enough in terms of quality to see it through - both within games and over a season. They were significantly overperforming the expectations of their squad in the first half of the season and are now reverting to their mean level of performance. That would still have been enough to make them league winners, were it not for a tediously efficient Man City squad. But Man City are in the league, so it probably won't.

I'm not convinced that they'll get a better opportunity in the future either though. Too much assumption that the team will naturally improve because Arsenal have a young squad, when the half of their immediate competition will likely be stronger too (the likes of Chelsea could hardly be worse).  

6 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

You got a pass because you're not a cunt.

Someone said something similarly nice about me lately on here that I had said was the nicest thing anyone ever said about me. 

You might have just taken that mantel ❤️

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

As much as I'm enjoying Arsenal's stupid, wee bubble bursting, I'm not convinced it's a mentality issue. They're just not good enough in terms of quality to see it through - both within games and over a season. They were significantly overperforming the expectations of their squad in the first half of the season and are now reverting to their mean level of performance. That would still have been enough to make them league winners, were it not for a tediously efficient Man City squad. But Man City are in the league, so it probably won't.

I'm not convinced that they'll get a better opportunity in the future either though. Too much assumption that the team will naturally improve because Arsenal have a young squad, when the half of their immediate competition will likely be stronger too (the likes of Chelsea could hardly be worse).  

I just think that chucking two two-goal leads in a week, one of which against a nothing West Ham side, is about more than quality, although their depth is an issue. 

16 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I agree with your sentiments about Man City, but I consider Arteta to be every bit as bad as, if not worse, than Guardiola so I'm quite happy to watch the title slip from their grasp. 

Yeah, I am the same tbh. Arteta seems worse if anything. I don’t think I ever want him to win anything 🤣

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I'm surprised you're annoyed as I honestly didn't think anyone hated this West Ham team more than West Ham fans. 

There is a lot of frustration that after two really good seasons has been filled with complete shit this year. As per, a lot of it lies with the owners who look set to leave at the end of this season, with Kretinsky taking over which will be interesting. 

Yesterday was a throwback to the 20/21 season, high pressing and doubling up anytime Arsenal got on the ball. Coufal & Bowen did a good job on Martinelli. Rice was back to his usual self, and I imagine Moyes will persevere with him in that more advanced role, leaving Pacqueta & Soucek to sit a bit more deep. 

General noise coming out is that Moyes will depart at the end of the year, but a couple more wins and a very good chance of winning a European competition (leading to the Europa League), means he might just be able to convince the new owners for another year.