EPL 2022/23

Arsenal are lucky it's only 2-0 here. The longer this game goes on the more laughable even the idea of a title race between these two seems. City have outclassed them and there's realistically no way back here for Arsenal unless City relax to a ludicrous degree.

Even if City go on to drop a few points between now and the end of the season it's hard to see Arsenal being in a position to capitalise on it; they look knackered.

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Amazing how easy it is when you're allowed to financially dope for years.

How dare you say that, several people will send indignant emails from their luxury Villas that they somehow acquired gratis.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Did VAR draw a line down from Stones shoulder? The other angle makes it look like he is offside

Impossible to tell when the ball was kicked from that angle but I don't mind the attacker getting the advantage in situations like that.

Ignore the potential offside, there was no defender near him.

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

Impossible to tell when the ball was kicked from that angle but I don't mind the attacker getting the advantage in situations like that.

Ignore the potential offside, there was no defender near him.

The linesman gave it offside in real time. I think sticking to the on field decision is the better method.

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I can't wait for the chaos in a couple of years when nobody can get near them. Pub league etc.

They arent even the worst, alleged, so called cheats, but not by me. PSG are ermm, ermm, not all dodgy at all.

Just now, Iminavest said:

Rather than giving the correct decision? It's a bold take!

I'm not sure VAR did give the correct decision. Usually when the furthest foward body part is off the ground VAR should a projected line downwards, that doesn't seem to have happened here. And I wonder if the single camera angle that VAR judged on is getting a forced perspective of Stones because he is leaning at such a strong angle. As see in the other, wider shot.

Once again single camera angles are useless for determining offside when it is judging a body part off the ground.

The EPL surely has the money to get the full Offside system that is featured in the CL and World Cup for all their matches. Which is 12 or 15 camera with full body tracking