EPL 2022/23

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Il never tire of seeing this Boehly guy humiliated. It's a sure thing that the more it happens, the more hel hit out with increasingly wild shit. All of which, the Chelsea fans, and the wider Barclays, fully deserve

If he hasn't learnt his lesson to shut up after claiming they were going to beat Real Madrid 3-0 before the 1st leg of their recent Champion's League tie, then he never will.

Lampard and Gerrard's managerial careers have effectively been ended this season which is pretty funny.

England U21s seems the next (only) step for them or laugh a minute roles in somewhere like Greece.

I know some posters here love to parrot the lines of the English media pundits but worlds best right back, Reece James (?!?) is out for the season having endured a injury strewn season where he has been completely underwhelming whenever he has made it onto the pitch.

I missed the ff deadline with Haaland on the bench which has killed my ff season. Naturally, I blame Arsenal.

Trippier (closer to 33 than 32) had a better season than any of them.

Trent barely makes tournament squads whilst White was banished for being a radge.

Leaves you a perennially injured James and aging public flasher Walker.

After that I don't even know who it would be. 

29 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Lampard and Gerrard's managerial careers have effectively been ended this season which is pretty funny.

England U21s seems the next (only) step for them or laugh a minute roles in somewhere like Greece.

I saw someone say earlier in the season that they were gonna end up this generation's Mark Hughes and Steve Bruce, but they'd probably be lucky to be that successful as things stand. 

Did anyone predict anything but a comfortable Man City win last night? 

Arsenal are exactly the type of team they like to play against, leaving the centre of the park wide open for Haaland to be 1v1 with a CB constantly was just mental. To watch it continuously happen but refuse to change because philosophy is even worse.

A shame Chelsea cant get relegated too. Them and Everton toppling away would surely end Lampard as a manager. Chelsea might be fucked anyway, absolutely mammoth sums of money they're committed to playing over the next few transfer windows to pay off fees theyve paid, and no European money coming in. Sure the bold Boehly wont shaft them further by fucking up a "sponsorship" to try and pump money into the club. 

It'll be interesting to see if Arsenal look at this season as an opportunity missed or the start of something special. 

I'd expect them to improve in the summer as they've still got clear weaknesses in their team and their big recruitment jobs have tended to work out well (they've struggled a bit more with the depth signings). The issue is that City have pretty much been underperforming in the league this season until recently and could well get better with a full season of Haaland comfortable in the system and greater tactical consistency (although that's unlikely with Pep). 

Man United and Newcastle are also good teams with improving to do, and f**k knows what will happen with Liverpool - it could either be a season of transition for them with this fabled new midfield, or that could immediately lift them to becoming their old selves. There's no point making any predictions about Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

It'll be interesting to see if Arsenal look at this season as an opportunity missed or the start of something special. 

I’m definitely calling this a missed opportunity. Second at the start of the season would’ve been a great achievement but to get to the position they were in a month ago and blow 2 goal leads in consecutive games then drop points at home to the worst team in the league is a bit of a bottle-job. To then get reamed by your direct rivals in your biggest league match in 20 years just tops it all off. Glorious stuff.

IMG_0879.jpeg.f2d3823e6f7fc866f89dbc12b913b838.jpeg

It's a bit like Livi's season in that, had the poor run of form they are in now been spread throughout the season then it would be seen as a very successful season. However the bad results have been grouped together right at the end of the season and it has that feeling of a bottle job. 

3 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I don’t think it’s over for Gerrard yet and he still did well at Rangers considering how bad they were when he took over. He’ll probably get a couple championship gigs before he is completely finished with imo.

Lampards record is awful, i think the Chelsea team have too many new additions and it’s too late in the season for an interim manager to make much of a difference though tbf.