EPL 2022/23

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

He was the manager who stopped Celtic winning 10 Iar and his team went the season undefeated. Also a good run in Europe and a lot of the team he built went on to the Europa league final in 22. I’m not saying it was an outstanding success but I’d argue he did well there compared to when he took over and is argue that his managerial career isn’t over because of a bad spell at villa.

Obviously 20/21 was a successful season but if it weren’t for Covid he’d have probably been sacked. They were absolutely dire for the final few months of the season previous. Defeats against Hamilton, Kilmarnock and twice against Hearts (who then got relegated) are just a few results I can remember off the top of my head. If he had been sacked his managerial career would have been over, at least at any decent level. 

Edited by MazzyStar

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

He spent a fortune and won fewer trophies than St Johnstone. He's a fraud who should never have been allowed anywhere near Villa Park, as evidenced by how much better we have done since he fucked off.

Not denying any of it but he still stopped 10 Iar which was his main objective as manager of Rangers which still looks good on his cv.

27 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Obviously 20/21 was a successful season but if it weren’t for Covid he’d have probably been sacked. They were absolutely dire for the final few months of the season previous. Defeats against Hamilton, Kilmarnock and twice against Hearts (who then got relegated) are just a few results I can remember off the top of my head. If he had been sacked his managerial career would have been over, at least at any decent level. 

A few too many ifs and buts here - I’d still say he has a chance in management at top level via getting a championship team promoted.  Rangers were a good move for him to make a start and stopping 10 iar and his good run on Europa was a good success and he isn’t completely out of the game now because of an unsuccessful stint at Villa. I’m not suggesting she’s ready to replace Klopp just yet.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No context required. Always true. All the time.

Will Spurs continue the #banter under #proper Spurs man Ryan Mason?

Watch MoTDx. I dare you.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Spurs players just openly give no fucks now. If Man U get another early one another paddlin' is on the cards. 

Son will dive for a Kane penalty.