EPL 2022/23

6 hours ago, throbber said:

If Arsenal had won the 2 games they were winning 2-0 v West Ham/Liverpool they would still be behind on goal difference assuming Man City win their game in hand which they almost certainly will. I’m still not calling it an arse collapse. 

Fair play, you're not even doubling down now. You're way past that.

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The Erling Haaland story is what the Barclays is all about.

A kid grows up and follows in his father’s footsteps to play for the club they supported all their life. He scores a record amount of goals in his first season whilst getting £800k per week.

It’d bring a tear to a glass eye.

See to be fair, I like haaland. He is almost a throwback to the old days with a big number 9 up front but with a new dimension. He always seems like he is a pretty normal guy unlike some of the wanks in English football. Seems pretty down to earth and focussed on his football

8 minutes ago, Aufc said:

See to be fair, I like haaland. He is almost a throwback to the old days with a big number 9 up front but with a new dimension. He always seems like he is a pretty normal guy unlike some of the wanks in English football. Seems pretty down to earth and focussed on his football

It’s hilarious how many sarcastic, anti EPL posts like the one you’re replying to are in this thread. I wonder why they even bother watching Barclays.

7 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

How are Sky getting away with showing the Barclays on Saturday afternoon this week?

Blackout is only in force when > 50% of teams in the top two divisions are playing at 3pm

1 minute ago, velo army said:

AWB is playing wonderfully though tbf. Fantastic defender.

He's decent 1 v 1 but much like Carragher when he was playing, he's usually in those last ditch situations because of his questionable positioning. 

Having watched this game so far I'm fairly sure I no longer understand what constitutes a yellow or red card any more. Casemiro (second yellow) and Antony (straight red) should have been off and Mitoma should have had at least one and maybe two bookings for diving.