EPL 2022/23

It's a bit ridiculous that someone has taken issue with it and it has to be changed.

It’s a bit ridiculous that anyone cares

Arsenal going full meme and trying to walk everything in to the net. This either finishes 4-0 or 0-1, cannot see any middle ground.

It’s a bit ridiculous that anyone cares

Arsenal going full meme and trying to walk everything in to the net. This either finishes 4-0 or 0-1, cannot see any middle ground.
Well clearly someone has cared enough to get it changed.

I’ll rephrase to “it’s a bit ridiculous that anyone cares in the slightest about the change”.

Considering they’re chasing a winner at home with 15 minutes to go against a team sitting deep and trying to break, it’s wild to me that both Xhaka and Elneny are still on the pitch. Offer very little in these scenarios. Would 100% be hooking one of them.

11 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

How was Tierney today? Seems to be getting it tight from Arsenal fans on Twitter. Hopefully he can stay fit and get a run in the team 

Not the best tbh but Arteta seemed to have him trying to play in midfield  a lot of the time which he didn’t look very good at. 

I’ll rephrase to “it’s a bit ridiculous that anyone cares in the slightest about the change”.

Considering they’re chasing a winner at home with 15 minutes to go against a team sitting deep and trying to break, it’s wild to me that both Xhaka and Elneny are still on the pitch. Offer very little in these scenarios. Would 100% be hooking one of them.
I think care is a bit strong. Commenting on the ridiculousness of it is what I've done. I think that'll probably be about as far as I'll take it.

39 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Didn't they have to change it because someone copywrited the term "Man of the match"

It wouldn’t necessarily stop them using it though, I’d expect with a phrase like that there will be reuse terms or worst case, they’d maybe need to pay something for it. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

I think care is a bit strong. Commenting on the ridiculousness of it is what I've done. I think that'll probably be about as far as I'll take it.

What's ridiculous about saying "player of the match"? Seems pretty easy to understand to me.

Didn't they have to change it because someone copywrited the term "Man of the match"
What's ridiculous about saying "player of the match"? Seems pretty easy to understand to me.
If it's been changed because someone is offended it pretty ridiculous. If it's because of the reason above then it's even more ridiculous.

You haven't answered what's ridiculous, though. There is nothing wrong with being offended if something is genuinely bad. But replacing the word "man" with "player", presumably so that the term can be used interchangeably in men's or women's matches, hardly seems worth getting worked up about. As J_Stewart said, you say "player of the year", "player of the month". "Player of the match" seems perfectly sensible.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa