The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

33 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I ran the old forum (which at the time was very successful) and a few of us tried to revive it with this latest iteration but you're right, it wasn't being used much and we decided it wasn't worth the money to maintain unfortunately.

I think social media and the popularity of Pie & Bovril made it difficult to attract people. Personally though, I quite liked the idea of somewhere without other teams' fans inserting themselves into every conversation!

I thought that would probably be the case.

I'm sorry that it didn't take off, as like you, I enjoyed having our own forum that wasn't often 'invaded' by others.

Thanks for giving it a go at least.

15 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

I'm sure I am not the only fan that has noticed our poor efficiency from throw-ins to the extent that it seems to benefit the opposition rather than give us an advantage.

This is an area that needs looking at - I'm fed up seeing our throw ins ending in opposition possession. 

Also would it not be sensible to train up somebody for long throw ins which can be just as useful as a corner kick ?

Rant over...

I’ve never heard of specifically training someone but it’s an interesting idea. Certainly makes a difference. Wonder if Beuker has this lad on file yet?

16 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Worry a little over Savoury and whether we will allow him to go for a fee over the summer rather than potentially lose him either next January or for nothing next Summer

Did anything ever come out about the fee paid Peterhead for Savoury? I know there are rumours of English League One/Two interest in him.

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Did anything ever come out about the fee paid Peterhead for Savoury? I know there are rumours of English League One/Twi interest in him.

Am sure I recall Coyle saying in an interview there was a clause that allowed him to leave for free to a higher tier club. 

11 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Interesting.

How much of a "sweetener" do you think Uncle Willie handed Savoury's agent for making them ware of such a clause?

As I recall (from the interview) Coyle saw him last season and it came up in his conversation with the Peterhead manager.

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Interesting.

How much of a "sweetener" do you think Uncle Willie handed Savoury's agent for making them ware of such a clause?

I’m just mildly surprised it wasn’t a clause he’d pay a club to get him out of Peterhead.

Fascinating insight into how our team operates and what our weaknesses are. I’d imagine this is what Beukerworld looks like. We might not have got it all right this year but with this type of data mapping going on at all levels things look healthy for the future.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/owen-coyle-at-queens-park-202223-tactical-analysis-tactics

15 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Fascinating insight into how our team operates and what our weaknesses are. I’d imagine this is what Beukerworld looks like. We might not have got it all right this year but with this type of data mapping going on at all levels things look healthy for the future.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/owen-coyle-at-queens-park-202223-tactical-analysis-tactics

Wow!

18 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I thought that would probably be the case.

I'm sorry that it didn't take off, as like you, I enjoyed having our own forum that wasn't often 'invaded' by others.

Thanks for giving it a go at least.

That’s a shame.

There are so few Killie fans on here due our well established Kickback forum which is exclusive to our fans.

I personally much prefer P&B as it’s more relaxed and much less judgemental , oh, and I actually prefer the banter with fans from other clubs.