The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

12 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Eight points should see us fine. Looking at the fixtures I would say Inverness have a tougher run with Raith and Morton. We both have Dunfermline who are looking decent now they have their players back. Win next week, draw at the Pars, hopefully win at Abroath, then hold out for a point at Airdrie.   If we lose next week then by all means hit the panic button 🤣.

I admire your confidence. We had an amazing season last year but fell apart towards the end, hopefully we don't see a repeat! Still have thoughts of what if ... Murray stayed.

1 minute ago, Southsideforever said:

I admire your confidence. We had an amazing season last year but fell apart towards the end, hopefully we don't see a repeat! Still have thoughts of what if ... Murray stayed.

That was an amazing season that we will all look back fondly on. But in that parallel universe you are referring to I think we would be where Livingston or Ross County now are. I know this has been a tough year but yesterday was a taste of what it is like to play Premiership quality opposition.  I don't think we would enjoy being pumped every week.

19 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

That was an amazing season that we will all look back fondly on. But in that parallel universe you are referring to I think we would be where Livingston or Ross County now are. I know this has been a tough year but yesterday was a taste of what it is like to play Premiership quality opposition.  I don't think we would enjoy being pumped every week.

Would have taken a season in the top flight whatever the results. How amazing would that have been!!!! Would have brought in some decent revenue as well, Celtic and Rangers at Hampden - probably sell outs.

1 hour ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Had we achieved promotion last season we would have a different bunch of players now. Look what Dundee had to do.

1 hour ago, Adam Rendall said:

If we do slip into the play offs. 

Does anyone know when the games would be? Can’t see anything on Spfl website 

The 1 at leg Tuesday or Wednesday after the last game of the season.  2nd Leg on the saturday

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Had we achieved promotion last season we would have a different bunch of players now. Look what Dundee had to do.

Indeed. As exciting as it would have been to be promoted I personally i think it probably would have a disaster for the club. We are not ready for that level of football on the pitch or off it. We would have had to jettison the youth "project' and burn what cash we had on journeyman players.  Don't think it would have ended well.

3 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Indeed. As exciting as it would have been to be promoted I personally i think it probably would have a disaster for the club. We are not ready for that level of football on the pitch or off it. We would have had to jettison the youth "project' and burn what cash we had on journeyman players.  Don't think it would have ended well.

Don't think that would have been the case. With huge crowds from Celtic/Rangers and decent attendence from some other teams there would have been a good budget. 

Edited by Southsideforever

5 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

A win in that final game against Dundee would have been spectacular, but yes, too big a jump and potentially disastrous.

The reality is that our current squad is too weak for the Championship. CD has done a great job to strengthen and organise, and yes we have a core of very talented players but we are where we deserve to be.  Our bench is very short of Championship quality. 

If we stay up, I'd be very confident we can build strongly from that core, and I'd include McLeish in that.  Not to be too brutal, but I'm only keeping about two of our defence.

8 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Dundee didn't have Beuker making those decisions, to be fair. I still think we'd have gone into the Premiership with a bunch of kids, albeit they would have maybe been of a slightly higher calibre.

Even if we were struggling badly (which we've done for the majority of this season anyway) it'd have been a good laugh.

1 hour ago, Velvet Donkey said:

A win in that final game against Dundee would have been spectacular, but yes, too big a jump and potentially disastrous.

The reality is that our current squad is too weak for the Championship. CD has done a great job to strengthen and organise, and yes we have a core of very talented players but we are where we deserve to be.  Our bench is very short of Championship quality. 

If we stay up, I'd be very confident we can build strongly from that core, and I'd include McLeish in that.  Not to be too brutal, but I'm only keeping about two of our defence.

Ok we've had a couple of poor results but hold on there--- the previous few games and in partcular against Ayr I thought we looked as good as any other team I've seen in the Championship this season.

Always half full...     Back on the rails this Saturday for sure..

17 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Ok we've had a couple of poor results but hold on there--- the previous few games and in partcular against Ayr I thought we looked as good as any other team I've seen in the Championship this season.

Always half full...     Back on the rails this Saturday for sure..

Davidson has steadied the ship under incredibly difficult circumstances, and we'd absolutely have been relegated long before now had we stuck with the original plan, but I think to say we've been as good as any other side in the Championship is a bit of a stretch!

We couldn't create any chances against Morton at Hampden, capitalise on massive amounts of pressure away to to Airdrie, or hold a 2-0 lead against Thistle; the core of a really solid Championship squad is clearly there, but a lot of work still needs to be done if we stay if and have any plans of being more competitive next season.

Wish I shared your confidence ahead of the Inverness game though.

23 hours ago, Adam Rendall said:

If we do slip into the play offs. 

Does anyone know when the games would be? Can’t see anything on Spfl website 

Although they are subject to change, SPFL gave out the following for the playoff that, sadly, we could be involved in:

Semi final - May 7 or 8 for the first leg and the 11th for the second

Final - May 14th or 15th for the first leg, and 18th or 19th for the second leg

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Back to basics, does anyone have a programme from the Morton game last week that they don't want?

I'm sure there are plenty with memories from the Morton game last week that they don't want.

Has anyone been in contact or heard from the club about the "move to the right" thing? I did move to the right and found myself a decent seat in Partick Thistle & Dundee Utd. games but I was told to go and sit somewhere else (either further back or to the left) by the stewards who don't seem to know what they are doing. 

1 hour ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Has anyone been in contact or heard from the club about the "move to the right" thing? I did move to the right and found myself a decent seat in Partick Thistle & Dundee Utd. games but I was told to go and sit somewhere else (either further back or to the left) by the stewards who don't seem to know what they are doing. 

Did you by any chance try to sit in the area reserved for hospitality? 

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Did you by any chance try to sit in the area reserved for hospitality? 

Aye they told me it was but the rows weren't labeled (unlike the ones labeled for previous presidents and unused subs) and I really don't see what the fuss is about when we have an empty stadium to ourselves.