The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

16 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Nervous. Excited. Nervous. Excited. Nervous. Excited. 

Anyone with me in this? 😅😅

Not been this excited/ nervous since Christmas Day 1975; praying that my big present would be the Raleigh Chopper and not the wee orange in the smelly sock.   

36 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Nervous. Excited. Nervous. Excited. Nervous. Excited. 

Anyone with me in this? 😅😅

It's hard to tell where the nerves end and the excitement begins (and not just because I never did Biology at school). I think the reason I am so nervous is because I'm so excited, but it's hard to see how the game itself is going to be anything other than unbearable.

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Actual words.

Message for Queen’s Park and Dundee fans

Please come along and enjoy the game and get behind your team. Please also act within the Stadium Rules and do not encroach on the pitch at any time.

The victorious fans:

Frustration is the main emotion from me here. In a parallel universe Simon Murray has knocked in an 89th minute penalty that was irrelevant as we’d won the league weeks ago anyway. 

Simply, it’s very telling that we have the worst defensive record outside Cove and Hamilton. We shipped 5 very poor goals tonight. There’s a lack of leadership on the park and refusing to bring in any older, experienced heads in January looks like it’s cost us. Makes you realise how important Murray was as a captain and leader - something that we’ve drastically failed to replace.  I also wonder whether our smaller squad depth has taken its toll here too. 

I felt Coyle got his tactics pretty spot on today- you can’t really legislate for your defence being so poor and not sticking the boot in. 

Credit to Dundee, they completely outfought us to second balls, were more physical and used the darker side of the game well. Longer-term these are things Coyle needs to bring into his recruitment & player development. 

Partick on Tuesday/Wednesday. If there’s someone who can navigate these ties it’s Coyle. Fingers crossed the players turn up and give us a bit more to cheer for this season. 

We made it quite exciting for a wee while. Death from a thousand cuts since January was what really sunk us, but Dundee deserve it in the end.

We've done better than any of us expected in a great league, and we get to play some more!

First off,

Proud of this team and the effort on the pitch tonight. Mental game. 

I knew it was over when we conceded the fourth but I didn't expect Coyle to invite a fifth when he took off Dom and Jack, two match-winning players and fielded Jarrett, who didn't touch the ball for 10 mins after coming on, and Healy who, well... is just a boy. That move pulled the plug on us and is making me seriously doubt Coyle's plans for the play offs. 

And Savoury... Get your shit together mate. You can't go far ahead if you get bossed like this every time you get the ball. Every single time. 

One last thing, I know we don't have the largest crowd but seriously why do the players run to the opposite corner of the pitch to celebrate every time we score, rather than running towards the fans and celebrate the goal with them? This has been happening all too often and it's pissing me off. We're right here you know. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I knew it was over when we conceded the fourth but I didn't expect Coyle to invite a fifth when he took off Dom and Jack, two match-winning players and fielded Jarrett, who didn't touch the ball for 10 mins after coming on, and Healy who, well... is just a boy. That move pulled the plug on us and is making me seriously doubt Coyle's plans for the play offs. 

Thomas has been pretty rank for weeks. He’s not been the leader I hoped he’d be and Dundee had pretty much figured him out.