The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Is Coyle’s post match interview as bad as some are saying?  He certainly looked raging and dazed at the final whistle. 

I’m not saying this as a wind up but he surely didn’t think QP deserved to win that game?  You simply can’t lose 5 goals in a game and think you should have taken something from it.

Edited by Shadow Play

He also thought that his team deserved to win last week despite scoring with one of their only two attempts on target, and getting bodied from start to finish. 

He's the gobshite's gobshite. 

11 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

I hope that SFC will be seeking compensation from the SPFL for insisting that more Dundee hooligans be allowed to attend the match. What were the police and stewards doing to stop the flares being thrown and damaging the pitch, the mini pitch invasion after they scored a goal and the major pitch invasion at the end? Presumably DFC will be getting fined.

I was at Ochilview this morning picking up my son from football training. The pitch looked fine to me. I couldn't really see any damage. Tbf I wasn't looking for it! I'm sure SFC are playing Annan today and I've not heard any gurning about the pitch.

Hopefully this puts your mind at ease.

14 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Is Coyle’s post match interview as bad as some are saying?  He certainly looked raging and dazed at the final whistle. 

I’m not saying this as a wind up but he surely didn’t think QP deserved to win that game?  You simply can’t lose 5 goals in a game and think you should have taken something from it.

No. He accepted defeat. Our season’s not over yet. There was a common theme to four of the goals that are his problem to sort. One way or another he will. My only regret from last night was that in a couple of any of six or seven games if we had only came close to that performance the league would have been ours long before last night.

It’s never nice to get beat but we made a very good contribution to a game that will be spoke about and remembered for years, not just by both sets of fans but many neutrals around the country. It’s been the most exciting league in Scotland this season and it got the grand finale it deserved. We go again on Tuesday but we’ve already done incredibly well and another year in this league will serve us better long term. 

Hope you enjoy your awaydays as much next season.

11 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

I hope that SFC will be seeking compensation from the SPFL for insisting that more Dundee hooligans be allowed to attend the match. What were the police and stewards doing to stop the flares being thrown and damaging the pitch, the mini pitch invasion after they scored a goal and the major pitch invasion at the end? Presumably DFC will be getting fined.

'Won't someone please think of the plastic!'

Cry more.

34 minutes ago, virginton said:

He also thought that his team deserved to win last week despite scoring with one of their only two attempts on target, and getting bodied from start to finish. 

He's the gobshite's gobshite. 

Can't speak for others but don't really care what he says. Everyone saw Dundee deserved to win, his job is to do whatever is necessary to pick himself and the players up and go again.  However it does sweeten an otherwise disappointing evening to know that he continues to get under your skin 🕷️🕷️

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I was at Ochilview this morning picking up my son from football training. The pitch looked fine to me. I couldn't really see any damage. Tbf I wasn't looking for it! I'm sure SFC are playing Annan today and I've not heard any gurning about the pitch.

Hopefully this puts your mind at ease.

Thanks but the behaviour of some of the Dundee fans was what you'd expect of the fans of their number one team.

I’m glad it wasn’t just a routine hiding, as I feared it might be. We’ve been trying to get over the line with a puncture for some time.

When the dust settles, it’s been an excellent first foray into the Championship, but with a huge “what if?” hanging over it. Unless we get through the playoffs, which isn’t likely, January 31st looks a defining day in the season. Knocking ourselves out of the cup and accepting a 50k bid for our most important player, with potential prize money of over £500,000 and a seven figure TV money if we were promoted. Someone has to be answerable for such a shit business decision. 

The players have been excellent for most of the season, but whether the club did everything in their power to help them over the finishing line is another matter. Proud of the team, but utterly pissed off with the ongoing farce at the top in terms of decision making, lack of communication and stadium farce. Dempster out. 

45 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

No. He accepted defeat. Our season’s not over yet. There was a common theme to four of the goals that are his problem to sort. One way or another he will. My only regret from last night was that in a couple of any of six or seven games if we had only came close to that performance the league would have been ours long before last night.

It’s never nice to get beat but we made a very good contribution to a game that will be spoke about and remembered for years, not just by both sets of fans but many neutrals around the country. It’s been the most exciting league in Scotland this season and it got the grand finale it deserved. We go again on Tuesday but we’ve already done incredibly well and another year in this league will serve us better long term. 

Hope you enjoy your awaydays as much next season.

That’s exactly how I feel about Dundee.  We’ve played very  well in a few games but failed to get any sort of consistency.  We could have had the league wrapped  up much earlier.  I suppose there are several teams in this league that will rightly feel that way too.

It is what it is though and as you correctly say last night was about as exciting an end to the league as could have been hoped for.

Top four probably, on balance about right given Ayr's start to the season, Thistle's form post McCall and our efforts up to mid-March

Asked a few months back, I'd have bitten your hand off for Thistle and Ayr in the play-offs, but as above, post-McCall, Jags look to be a different proposition; hopefully the battering we took last time is a one-off and we can get through, after which I do fancy our chances against Ayr....would much rather this scenario than one with Greenock in.

Who wants to start the debate on three at the back then?????

Oh and before I forget, Charlie Fox - what a strike - that again big fella, that again please!!

Edited by Spider1975

1 hour ago, mcjameos said:

Can't speak for others but don't really care what he says. Everyone saw Dundee deserved to win, his job is to do whatever is necessary to pick himself and the players up and go again.  

That bullshit 'motivation' excuse was already rolled out a week ago after you got pumped and Coyle refused to accept it. You then lost the next game to complete your enormous bottle-job of the league title anyway. 

Perhaps Coyle could try engaging with reality for a change to stop losing back to back must-win games and shipping countless daft goals. 

However it does sweeten an otherwise disappointing evening to know that he continues to get under your skin 🕷️🕷️

^^^ clutching at straws 

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

That bullshit 'motivation' excuse was already rolled out a week ago after you got pumped and Coyle refused to accept it. You then lost the next game to complete your enormous bottle-job of the league title anyway. 

Perhaps Coyle could try engaging with reality for a change to stop losing back to back must-win games and shipping countless daft goals. 

^^^ clutching at straws 

You ok honey?  If it helps I stuck a fiver in the Samaritans bucket last weekend, consider that my gift to you

On 30/04/2023 at 14:04, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I've watched Queen's Park maybe seven times this season (four of them against us) and I want to say, before the title is decided one way or another next week, that it would be an absolutely extraordinary achievement to win this league with that back four.

Both full-backs are good going forward, but that relies on the team overall being confident and on the front foot; they look very easy to get at going the other way.

And there are (different) serious question marks about all of your options at centre-back.

All of this was on display again yesterday. Hard to see how it's magically fixed before Friday night... so all-out attack and hope Dundee cave surely has to be the gamble, no?

1 hour ago, virginton said:

You then lost the next game to complete your enormous bottle-job of the league title anyway. 

Morton didn’t even finish in the play offs and you’re on our thread talking about bottle jobs😭😭😭😭

Where do you get this from ya fruitcake. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

^^^ clutching at straws 

Sounds like a bit of deflection there. You've been hitting out at everyone on this and other threads since Ayr pleasingly removed you from the play-offs. Poor as we've been for weeks, still above you. Enjoy the play-offs. 

Edited by mcjameos

18 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Charlie Fox managing to combine a magnificent display of goal scoring with quite possibly his worst ever defensive display is not an outcome I expected going into the game.

I’ve studied the goals this morning. We lost four of them by allowing Dundee players to run from midfield into central scoring areas. First phase defending was okay but second phase support was poor, mostly due to midfielders.

The whole defensive set up has been ropey all season, just that earlier we were scoring regularly to mask the problem. Once the goals dried up it’s highlighted the defence. Also helps a defence greatly if the frontline can keep the ball up their end for a bit.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks