The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

If only...

"Crystal Palace midfielder Malachi Boateng is reportedly wanted back by Queen’s Park for next season. The youngster has spent this term on loan with the Scottish Championship league leaders and has been a hit under former Premier League boss Owen Coyle."

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/crystal-palace/crystal-palace-man-wanted-back-by-loan-club-this-summer-4079723

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

If only...

"Crystal Palace midfielder Malachi Boateng is reportedly wanted back by Queen’s Park for next season. The youngster has spent this term on loan with the Scottish Championship league leaders and has been a hit under former Premier League boss Owen Coyle."

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/crystal-palace/crystal-palace-man-wanted-back-by-loan-club-this-summer-4079723

I'd heard a wee whisper recently that Mal himself is interested in staying. Without promotion though I find it hard to see Crystal Palace sending him back for another year, he's already proved he is more than good enough at this level and they might want him to take another step up.

Would love it if we did do a wee bit of a Gretna and signed him permanently this summer. Given his age and current trajectory, there would still be a very good chance we'd profit on him in the next couple of years.

Edited by Dave
Typo

17 minutes ago, Dave said:

I'd heard a wee whisper recently that Mal himself is interested in staying. Without promotion though I find it hard to see Crystal Palace sending him back for another year, he's already proved he is more than good enough at this level and they might want him to take another step up.

Would love it if we did do a wee bit of a Gretna and signed him permanently this summer. Given his age and current trajectory, there would still a very good chance we'd profit on him in the next couple of years.

I believe he is out of contract this summer but assume we would need to pay a substantial development fee. I would see that as a worthwhile investment if we can get him to sign for 2 years - 5 would be better 🤣

You have to imagine clubs with more money would be after him. 

No harm in dreaming though.

1 hour ago, Stuntiethumper said:

On an unrelated point: good to see Dundee's Premiership campaign preparations get off to a good start today. Every cloud...

The way Bowyer appears to have been treated is appalling as he seemed a decent guy. Am sure he will go on to something better which leaves............... 🤣

18 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I believe he is out of contract this summer but assume we would need to pay a substantial development fee. I would see that as a worthwhile investment if we can get him to sign for 2 years - 5 would be better 🤣

You have to imagine clubs with more money would be after him. 

No harm in dreaming though.

To state the obvious, a lot will depend on which division we are playing in next year. He's a surprisingly young guy and can afford to think about a situation that will best benefit his longer term career. 

All we need to do is win the playoffs!

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

To state the obvious, a lot will depend on which division we are playing in next year. He's a surprisingly young guy and can afford to think about a situation that will best benefit his longer term career. 

All we need to do is win the playoffs!

OK let's do it. 

Don't know what got me thinking about this but Liam Brown, what the hell happened to him? Remember him looking fairly decent in L1 for you, even a bit of hype about his ability and then it's as if he's disappeared off the face of the earth. Unlikely to force his way into your side nowadays and was out on loan to the Warriors in January if I'm not mistaken.

1 year left on his contract. Will he see it out or be released?

Edited by CoveRangers1922

40 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Don't know what got me thinking about this but Liam Brown, what the hell happened to him? Remember him looking fairly decent in L1 for you, even a bit of hype about his ability and then it's as if he's disappeared off the face of the earth. Unlikely to force his way into your side nowadays and was out on loan to the Warriors in January if I'm not mistaken.

Heard he was linked with East Kilbride. Also thought he looked very good when I saw highlights of him.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Heard he was linked with East Kilbride. Also thought he looked very good when I saw highlights of him.

Remembering him looking way to good for L2, strolling games and scoring a good few goals. In league 1 he looked talented too. Either has sadly declined or low on confidence and needing some to rejuvenate his career. A drop to EK in the lowland would be a big step backwards even though they will be runaway favourites for the league, pay good money, and likely find their way to L2

11 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Remembering him looking way to good for L2, strolling games and scoring a good few goals. In league 1 he looked talented too. Either has sadly declined or low on confidence and needing some to rejuvenate his career. A drop to EK in the lowland would be a big step backwards even though they will be runaway favourites for the league, pay good money, and likely find their way to L2

Scott Allan maybe going too. EK be the new media circus team next year. 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Scott Allan maybe going too. EK be the new media circus team next year. 

At least Mick Kennedy has managerial experience and ability. EK should really get out that league with some ease if they are targeting such players. Interesting year ahead for them. Whoever finishes club 42 will have a massive task next year to keep their status in the SPFL.

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There was a statement released earlier in the season saying he would miss this season due to an ongoing medical reason

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

From what I’ve heard, there’s potentially been some off field issues he’s had to deal with throughout the season. 

Still convinced from a playing perspective that Laurie Ellis wiped the confidence out of Brown when he stupidly played him out wide for a couple of months. Was never the same influence on a game from then on, even after he was back in the centre of midfield. 

Can’t see a future a QP, hope he gets a decent move elsewhere. Potential to be one the best players in league 1 if played in the right system 

Edited by qpfc

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

From what I’ve heard, there’s potentially been some off field issues he’s had to deal with throughout the season. 

Still convinced from a playing perspective that Laurie Ellis wiped the confidence out of Brown when he stupidly played him out wide for a couple of months. Was never the same influence on a game from then on, even after he was back in the centre of midfield. 

Can’t see a future a QP, hope he gets a decent move elsewhere. Potential to be one the best players in league 1 if played in the right system 

I'd likely take him with us. With Yule, Scully, Fyvie and him we'd have great central midfield options for L1. Doubt he'll move far from the central belt though. If he regains previous form someone will inherit a talented player who is still on mid twenties.

Interested to see who Coyle targets this summer. He could look far and wide for players. Expect him to uncover some gems. Still in the hunt for promotion but even if that's unsuccessful there is a platform to build on.

15 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I'd likely take him with us. With Yule, Scully, Fyvie and him we'd have great central midfield options for L1. Doubt he'll move far from the central belt though. If he regains previous form someone will inherit a talented player who is still on mid twenties.

Interested to see who Coyle targets this summer. He could look far and wide for players. Expect him to uncover some gems. Still in the hunt for promotion but even if that's unsuccessful there is a platform to build on.

I’d imagine there will be a host of clubs in league 1 after him. Heard Kelty were interested in him also but I really do a think an Airdrie type side would be perfect for him, especially if they fail to gain promotion. Really attacking side 

No idea who we’ll recruit this summer but it’ll need to be good once again to replicate a high placed finish. 5 loans returning back to parent clubs, 7 or 8 out of contract where I see most bar 1 or 2 getting released. Potential for Savoury getting sold. Could see an upwards of 8-9 additions this summer I feel. Not seen any links to players as of yet but I’d imagine that’ll come quickly if we’re to lose on Friday 

What’s the script with Cove, are they still gonna pursue for a hybrid system even though you guys are in league 1 or has that been scrapped for the time being ? From watching Cove against ourselves and Dundee match on TV, think the squad is desperately needing some legs throughout the squad. 

Edited by qpfc

16 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’d imagine there will be a host of clubs in league 1 after him. Heard Kelty were interested in him also but I really do a think an Airdrie type side would be perfect for him, especially if they fail to gain promotion. Really attacking side 

No idea who we’ll recruit this summer but it’ll need to be good once again to replicate a high placed finish. 5 loans returning back to parent clubs, 7 or 8 out of contract where I see most bar 1 or 2 getting released. Potential for Savoury getting sold. Could see an upwards of 8-9 additions this summer I feel. Not seen any links to players as of yet but I’d imagine that’ll come quickly if we’re to lose on Friday 

What’s the script with Cove, are they still gonna pursue for a hybrid system even you guys are in league 1 or has that been scrapped for the time being ? 

I'd imagine our geographical position will rule us out for Brown and similarly talented players in the central belt. It takes some vision and commitment to drive up and down 2/3 times a week. Some do it for us currently but can't be easy.

Yeah he would fit the Airdrie model very well.

8 or 9 will be a fairly major change. Queen's Park on an upward trajectory, money to spend and full time contracts to offer so should be capable of attracting a high calibre of player. Clearly Murray needs replacing still, important that part is nailed. Savoury would be a big loss if he goes. Dom Thomas was a fantastic signing last summer and Mal outstanding loan. 

I heard months ago the hybrid option was only if we stayed up. It was crucial we did, but didn't, and now it could be PT and try to secure the best targets we can.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Liam went on loan to Stenhousemuir but picked up a bad injury in his first game and has been out all season. Back in training now. Agree he is a good prospect but perhaps not quite ready for the championship yet.