The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Don’t know what’s happened to Mick1867 but I was expecting him to be promoting a Save of the Season award this year. That double-save from Cal was in the Rough/Goram/Simpson category.

Would it not be possible that Dempsey  etc al would rather wait another season ?

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Charlie Fox managing to combine a magnificent display of goal scoring with quite possibly his worst ever defensive display is not an outcome I expected going into the game.

But, net positive right?

11 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

No-one knows what Dempsey thinks. Not sure she/her does either.

What does she actually do? Let me rephrase that. What is she meant to be doing? Surely the rebuild of Lesser falls within the ambit of her responsibilities. How is that going?

3 hours ago, an86 said:

I’m glad it wasn’t just a routine hiding, as I feared it might be. We’ve been trying to get over the line with a puncture for some time.

When the dust settles, it’s been an excellent first foray into the Championship, but with a huge “what if?” hanging over it. Unless we get through the playoffs, which isn’t likely, January 31st looks a defining day in the season. Knocking ourselves out of the cup and accepting a 50k bid for our most important player, with potential prize money of over £500,000 and a seven figure TV money if we were promoted. Someone has to be answerable for such a shit business decision. 

The players have been excellent for most of the season, but whether the club did everything in their power to help them over the finishing line is another matter. Proud of the team, but utterly pissed off with the ongoing farce at the top in terms of decision making, lack of communication and stadium farce. Dempster out. 

As has been said often enough, the playing side has punched beyond expectation this year, (please take note non-QP fans, nobody expected to be anywhere near a title showdown back in August), which has in turn made the administrative side look, dare I say, amateurish.  Whatever happens over the next few weeks, the leadership team at the club need to raise their game to match that of MB and OC.  A completion date for Lesser and a vision of how that can be made Premiership ready (should that ever come to pass) would be an adequate start

44 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’ve studied the goals this morning. We lost four of them by allowing Dundee players to run from midfield into central scoring areas. First phase defending was okay but second phase support was poor, mostly due to midfielders.

The whole defensive set up has been ropey all season, just that earlier we were scoring regularly to mask the problem. Once the goals dried up it’s highlighted the defence. Also helps a defence greatly if the frontline can keep the ball up there end for a bit.

Haven't had the nerve yet to re-watch yet....it'll take a couple of days.

Whatever the discussion on Simon Murray serves up, he did put himself about a bit which at times was an effective and welcome disruptor to opponents back lines.  With him gone, maybe our midfield has lacked his support/shield as a first line of defence, putting us more on the back foot?

Not quite writing off our chances in the playoffs although I think it is very very unlikely we do anything ………but I’m already wondering when the announcement about which stadium we will play our league cup matches in will be made

2 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Morton didn’t even finish in the play offs and you’re on our thread talking about bottle jobs😭😭😭😭

Where do you get this from ya fruitcake. 

You were 7 points clear at the top of the table in March and finished 5 points adrift - in third place. 

You took four points from the last seven league games of the season. 

That is a bottle job of the highest, Morton in 03/04 category. 

9 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Not quite writing off our chances in the playoffs although I think it is very very unlikely we do anything ………but I’m already wondering when the announcement about which stadium we will play our league cup matches in will be made

I think it’s Kilmarnock’s turn.

40 minutes ago, virginton said:

You were 7 points clear at the top of the table in March and finished 5 points adrift - in third place. 

You took four points from the last seven league games of the season. 

That is a bottle job of the highest, Morton in 03/04 category. 

We know how pish we’ve been, but we don’t need any pointers from your pish set up is the point 

4 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

We know how pish we’ve been, but we don’t need any pointers from your pish set up is the point 

Clearly you do, given that our pish set up took ten points from twelve to derail your 'title fairytale'.

FPSo5m9XMAgRYFE.jpg.0e233b06bca3e910ff073eb5bcf5c1fa.jpg

The opinion in this thread seems to be one of well done for getting this far and an overall feeling of 'well that's all folks'. 

I for one seem to remember a similar frame of mind this time last year and look where we are now.

The pressure that was obvious yesterday is now, relatively speaking , gone, so a repeat of last year when we were no hopers would be just fine and dandy .

Well I have just about recovered from last night's excitement. Some game. Proud of the boys for turning up and giving it a go but the better team won. At least we were part of a great season finale that will live in memories for quite some time.

To our detractors, yes the QP youngsters underperformed since January. I think that coincided when the media narrative changed from "plucky" QP showing the big boys up to being considered favourites.  I think the weight of expectation and the lack of big game experience took its toll.  

With folk writing us off in the playoffs that might ease the pressure on the players a bit. Hopefully we will see some good performances.  I just hope we don't lose to Thistle as I have got a bet with my jag supporting cousin-in-law that the loser of our next encounter has to wear the other teams shirt, in their end, at the subsequent fixture 😬.  

4 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

It appeared on TV that Owen Coyle stayed back at the end of the tunnel to individually congratulate every Dundee player. I thought that was a great touch. 

Thanks. I noticed that this morning on the playback. There was a couple even big enough to hug him.

When Fabrice Muamba dropped on the pitch with a cardiac arrest at Bolton in 2012 Coyle was his gaffer at the time. Muamba spoke freely of Coyle’s role afterwards of how much Coyle, in particular, and the club had done for his recovery and recuperation. The cretins at Ochilview yesterday who cursed him will never be anywhere near his level as a human being.

57 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

The opinion in this thread seems to be one of well done for getting this far and an overall feeling of 'well that's all folks'. 

I for one seem to remember a similar frame of mind this time last year and look where we are now.

The pressure that was obvious yesterday is now, relatively speaking , gone, so a repeat of last year when we were no hopers would be just fine and dandy .

Think the feeling last season was that we’d underperformed. My view was that last season’s squad was good enough, but the attitude was stinking. Far too many phoned it in for long periods and we finally turned up in May. 

This group have overperformed and look absolutely frazzled. I don’t know if there’s anything left in the tank. That’s not a criticism, as I think most of them have given it everything, physically and mentally. A good number of them will be stronger players next season as a result of being in a bruising race at the top end. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Clearly you do, given that our pish set up took ten points from twelve to derail your 'title fairytale'.

FPSo5m9XMAgRYFE.jpg.0e233b06bca3e910ff073eb5bcf5c1fa.jpg

You did not too bad against the Champions as well.  Which of the teams in the lower half of the league did you do exceptionally badly against?

Unlucky guys. Know how it feels, you just ran out of steam like Arbroath did last season.

You’ve still got the playoffs although I can’t see any of the Championship hopefulls beating the Premiership team, I think you have to win the league to go up really, could be wrong though of course.

No matter how it pans out, once the dust has settled you’ll look back and be, rightly, very proud of what your team has achieved this season.

Edited by Tattie36