The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

There is no stopping us going down now. Veldman has no clue what to do. Ferrie stopped a massacre. He was brilliant. No 1 for me every time. If I was Paton I would demand a transfer for misrepresentation that we were a football team. Poor McCormick was really out his depth. Not his fault, we should not be playing kids like that in the first team. It could destroy them rather than develop them. Please go Veldman.

This has to stop.

A 1-0 defeat doesn’t tell the story of how bad that was. Were it not for 4 wonder saves from Calum Ferrie and poor finishing from Falkirk, that would have been far worse .

In no particular order:

Players out of position
Painfully slow build up play
Not tracking runs
Charlie Fox up front for 15 minutes
Elite academy graduates that can’t kick the ball properly
Not attacking crosses (when they didn’t go out for a goal kick)

No quality, no excitement, no aggression, no encouragement.

The coach is a dud and the recruitment in the summer was a fucking disgrace.

Tragic performance once again. 

Thomas has never worked in the centre and to no surprise  it didn’t again, looked fine out wide. McCormick unfortunately not ready, Fox playing 15 mins as a striker. Total desperation. 

More individual errors than I can count - 2 howlers from Spong, Bannon for the pen. 

Finishing all over the place, zero ability to cross the ball.

Only positive was Ferrie having one of his best performances, but frankly the fact he had to make 3/4 unbelievable saves is ridiculous and totally self-inflicted.

Whatever this is meant to be is not working, the players are absolutely terrified trying to play the style of football they’re getting made to attempt. Something tangible has to shift in the next couple of weeks or we’re going to be dragged to the bottom of the league. 

The great Dutch plan. We will develop kids and bung them in the first team after a couple of months and see how they do. We will put a few more on the bench because we made a total arse of signings in the summer. We will teach them the high press and to be patient and boring in the build up. Robin - we are losing to Falkirk with fifteen minutes to go. No problem - I have the Dutch way of doing things for that, put a centre back up front and play with panic six up front with no clue what to do. Utter balls, who do you think you are kidding you charlatan?

Didn't make the game due work (thankfully).  

Many of us were fearful of promotion last year on the basis that we'd likely get pumped silly this year by everyone; sadly we were right, all we got wrong was the league it'd happen in!

Seven of that team were part of the team that pushed for promotion last year; for those of you that were there, have they downed tools, or just regressed beyond belief?

There’s got to come a point where Beuker has to consider veldman’s suitability for the role. I’m worried that he’ll not swallow his pride, given this was clearly a Beuker appointment and continue to pursue with the Dutch Laurie Ellis 

Airdrie is going to determine the trajectory of the season for me. Lose that in the same manner and Veldman’s position becomes totally untenable for me

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Airdrie is going to determine the trajectory of the season for me. Lose that in the same manner and Veldman’s position becomes totally untenable for me

He should have been sacked weeks ago but my thoughts exactly. The Airdrie game will show us the trajectory of the team and his future with it. Win or get packing. 

Our coach must have seen in training that McCormick cannot kick the ball with his left foot. 

"I know we'll play him left wing".

I'm beginning to get really annoyed and frustrated with this continued tactic of playing players on their "wrong".

I don't blame McCormick, it's the coach's fault 100%.

However....... what I do question and blame are professional footballers who cannot kick with both feet. Of course only a very very few are going to be equally balanced but players who just cannot kick with their "wrong" foot really piss me off. I was only a Sunday league player in my day but one thing I did practise was kicking with my "wrong" foot, against a wall for hours and hours, and you know what I got better. 

I asked my 16 year old son if he wanted to come and watch the game today. He said he would prefer to help his mum weed the garden. I should have joined him!

And that my friends, tells all you need to know about our style of football this season - talented players constrained by a labourious and increasingly tedious approach to retaining possession over dynamic attack.

Last season we were free wheeling and free scoring. I was buzzing to get to a game. These days I am going early to get my bovril safe in the knowledge I am not going to miss anything. Sad times.  I'll keep supporting the team but this is getting increasingly hard to watch.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

9 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

How many crosses did we slice straight out of play for a goal kick today. Dreadful.

Hepburn particularly very guilty of that.

Absolutely infuriating to see Thomas look much like the player he is once he got moved to the left. How can all fans recognise Thomas is best on the left yet Veldman continues to play him in the middle where he’s very underwhelming. No doubt it’ll be something stupid from their stats saying that there’s a 4.5% increase in chance creation 

Granted it’s his first start in senior football but if young McCormack is deemed as the cream of the crop from young QP then we’re in trouble. No left foot, not an ounce of physicality and produced one of the worst finishes from a one on one chance in a long time 

Would be tempted to see McLeish from the start next week. Very physical, seemed handy on the ball and knows where the goal is based on the young qp matches 

If you sack Veldman would he not be likely to be replaced with another Beuker pick? 

I half jokingly said in pre season predictions thread that if it went tits up then Ian McCall could be in the dugout by Christmas but that would require the DoF to be bumped. 

In the pre-match was there not some chat about keeping the team stable then he shuffles defence and midfield? Tizzard??

Massive lack of leadership… in the boardroom, in the dugout, on the pitch. Just can’t go on like this. 

Manager situation seems like the easiest fix but f**k knows how that pans out with the Beuker rumours. 

Edited by Anonymous Spider

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

In the pre-match was there not some chat about keeping the team stable then he shuffles defence and midfield? Tizzard??

In his post match waffle he said Tizzard picked up a knock.