The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

No, yes.

In the Championship (and League one and Two) the suspension level is 6 yellows within 18 team matches, then it moves to 12 yellows within 36. So Paton wouldn’t be suspended, as he got the sixth yellow in the twentieth match.

I think this is the post that convinced Callum to finally put pen to paper.

Davidson all but confirmed at this point. He probably wouldn't have been my first choice given some of the other names we've been linked to, but I think with the right backing from the club he could be exactly the sort of guy we need. 

1 minute ago, Spider1975 said:

Again, I don't think we have the cash lying around like most seem to think we do, so would not be surprised at all should history repeat itself and we see another club Captain depart in January. 

Tbf I don’t think we’ve got endless funds when required but I do think there’s going to be more money available over the next 12-18 months based on the Davidson appointment. A guy who had won the double with St Johnstone and had supposedly turned down the opportunity to go and manage Dundee in the summer ? I doubt he’d be attracted to the worst team in the championship with limited funds without assurances that he could enhance the squad. He’s got a reputation to rebuild. Not saying we’ll go mental but I think we might be less rigid than we have been the last 12 months 

Really interested to see how this goes and see what hes learned.

Transfer wise will be most interesting.

16 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Davidson all but confirmed at this point. He probably wouldn't have been my first choice given some of the other names we've been linked to, but I think with the right backing from the club he could be exactly the sort of guy we need. 

If he can return Robson to his late 2022 form and get a tune out of Charlie Fox and/or Will Tizzard, ideally bringing in an experienced CB to play between them and a striker able to stretch defences and to assist Paton, I'll be happy although I'll temper that with wondering who, if we do get another striker in, would be likely to miss out; assuming Thomas will play, would it likely be Turner?

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Really interested to see how this goes and see what hes learned.

Transfer wise will be most interesting.

I think it'll be similar to when we had Ray McKinnon and he'll sign all his pals and well go back to Jobber FC but the slightly better version.

12 minutes ago, QPEast said:

I think it'll be similar to when we had Ray McKinnon and he'll sign all his pals and well go back to Jobber FC but the slightly better version.

If you base it off us, you'll be signing ~10 players this window, 8 will be on 2 or more year deals, and 2 will be successes.

43 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

If he can return Robson to his late 2022 form and get a tune out of Charlie Fox and/or Will Tizzard, ideally bringing in an experienced CB to play between them and a striker able to stretch defences and to assist Paton, I'll be happy although I'll temper that with wondering who, if we do get another striker in, would be likely to miss out; assuming Thomas will play, would it likely be Turner?

If a striker comes in, and I hope he does, I would assume a 3-5-2 formation or perhaps 5-3-2. Either way I don't see where Thomas fits in. An experienced CB is essential to release Thomson to midfield. By the looks of Charlie Fox on Saturday he won't be back soon.

5 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

If a striker comes in, and I hope he does, I would assume a 3-5-2 formation or perhaps 5-3-2. Either way I don't see where Thomas fits in. An experienced CB is essential to release Thomson to midfield. By the looks of Charlie Fox on Saturday he won't be back soon.

Id be amazed if its not 5-2-3/3-4-3 for the first handful of games. With wingers.

With all the opinions given so far in favour of and against, Davidson.

I'd like to point out that the last manager we got on the rebound from the Perth Saints, was none other than Billy Stark.

For me the Stark days were our finest, and all done with no transfer budget.

If Davidson can improve us on the field as Billy did, that'll do me.

I like Davidson and I think this is probably the best we could have hoped for given our circumstances. My only worry is his record in the transfer market especially as we don't currently have the firewall of a DoF. I just hope their average age isn't 34. I assume Hepburn will be off back to Bayern, what a washout that was.

7 minutes ago, Spooky Spider said:

I assume Hepburn will be off back to Bayern, what a washout that was.

Fresh start for everyone, I'd hope? This is the first senior football in his career and we've been largely gash. New manager in who gets a bit of confidence back in the squad and I'm sure he can make an impact. 

Only concern would be if we start playing hoof-ball, then Bayern might pull the plug. 

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Fresh start for everyone, I'd hope? This is the first senior football in his career and we've been largely gash. New manager in who gets a bit of confidence back in the squad and I'm sure he can make an impact. 

Only concern would be if we start playing hoof-ball, then Bayern might pull the plug. 

Yeah, I agree with this. Unless there's some agreement with Bayern about where he plays I'd also like to see, if we're going to be playing with two forwards, Hepburn given a shot up front. He's got pace, skills and a shot on him and it's not like we currently have many other options.

21 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

He hasn't even been on the bench in either game so far in January. I have a feeling he was sent back as soon as we entered 2024 to make room for some new faces to come in.

16 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

He hasn't even been on the bench in either game so far in January. I have a feeling he was sent back as soon as we entered 2024 to make room for some new faces to come in.

Would be nice to be informed of that if that is the case.

Anyone we were going to get was either going to have some sort of damage on their CV or have no experience. Stark isn’t highly thought of at Saints and Coyle had a disaster at County before joining us. Both great Queen’s Park managers.

You wonder where Davidson might have ended up if he’d walked away from Saints after that double cup win? Surely enough for a gig in the English championship at that point. Never understood why he stayed on after that. The only way was down. 

Happy enough and obviously wish him all the very best. Keep us up and see what the summer brings is the immediate task.